Nicola Bulley #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope Nicola doesn’t get painted as some menopausal drunk now

She was a mother and a vulnerable woman
Haven’t commented on any of this yet but have been avidly reading. Going thru perimenopause myself I’m very saddened to read that update and feel the same as you said Olivia321.

The way the police have produced a statement (very badly worded in my opinion) linking the two (menopause and alcohol) I feel has put us backwards so much in terms of support and understanding for peri and menopausal women.

I really feel for her poor girls, family and partner. I hope she’s found soon.

I hope I’ve explained myself in this post. I just hope them linking these two things with Nicola hasn’t undermined her as a person.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I wonder if they got wind the tabloids had found out about it, and thought it was better to release a statement from them rather than have it break as a lurid exclusive, probably from the Sun?
I think you’re right - maybe the amount of time the FLO spent with Paul yesterday would have been talking about the vulnerability aspects and they would have known that once that was specified, the vultures would be out.

I said in a post earlier today that that shitrag would be getting the cheque book out. There’s always, always someone who will speak sadly

Reactions: 16
I have felt so close to this case since the beginning and now to find out that Nicola was struggling with Menopause 😢 I work in a Menopause clinic and we hear so many horror stories. So many women suffer and these extreme cases highlight how misunderstood it still is.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
I knew they’d release the reason for the ‘vulnerabilities’. They had no choice really. Either let the speculation run free or put people straight. So are they saying she was a suicidal alcoholic? Sorry if that wording offends anyone. I have been pretty steady in my opinion of her being in the river so far but with this new information it’s entirely plausible she’s taken herself away for a while.

If she was sat on the bench knocking back booze there probably would’ve been a bottle on the floor. Easy to see how she could’ve fell in if intoxicated too. Very easy. Or if she wasn’t intoxicated she could’ve had a seizure.

This Morning have been talking about the menopause so much recently and this is one of the reasons why. It was once - and still is in many ways - such a taboo.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Peter still chipping in
Hopefully he learns a lesson. He associated so closely with the family who are clearly in a denial stage (imo) and took advantage of that for his own gain. If he wanted to help he would have done that and went home after, maybe offering support at a later date if needed

He’s an absolute joke of an expert.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
First time commenting, but she was clearly extremely vulnerable when the police were called on Jan 10th. So has she not had the help she needed in the two weeks before her disappearance? Utterly heartbreaking.
I'm suffering so badly with the menopause and know from personal experience that so many women just have to crack on, despite all the talking up about support.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
She was young to be going through the menopause surely?
I'm a year younger and perimenopause is kicking my backside.
I'm doing OK but, it's hard.
My friends between 43 - 48 are struggling with it in many ways.
Poor Nicola. So sorry for her and her family.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I knew they’d release the reason for the ‘vulnerabilities’. They had no choice really. Either let the speculation run free or put people straight. So are they saying she was a suicidal alcoholic? I have been pretty steady in my opinion of her being in the river so far but with this new information it’s entirely plausible she’s taken herself away for a while.

If she was sat on the bench knocking back booze there probably would’ve been a bottle on the floor. Easy to see how she could’ve fell in if intoxicated too. Very easy.

This Morning have been talking about the menopause so much recently and this is one of the reasons why. It was once - and still is in many ways - such a taboo.
I think they’re saying she was known as a vulnerable person due to a previous house visit which is why they are searching for her so wide and publicly. They are clearing up gossip by explaining why she is classified as a vulnerable person as I imagine the press and everyone would of been hounding the family about it

Edit: think I quite the wrong person, oh well baha

Reactions: 5
Going by just the almost thirty pages on here since the press conference - I have no idea what's been happening on Facebook and other social media outlets - but I would say that indicates why the "significant vulnerabilities" had to be explained further.

Reactions: 6
How long did it take?
Well at 50 I did my full year without periods… and every month after that it gets easier. The hot flashes stopped , the sleep improved, the chaotic hormones stopped wildly fluctuating.
I used acupuncture , and cbd.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think you’re right - maybe the amount of time the FLO spent with Paul yesterday would have been talking about the vulnerability aspects and they would have known that once that was specified, the vultures would be out.

I said in a post earlier today that that shitrag would be getting the cheque book out. There’s always, always someone who will speak sadly
Yeah, the police and the family media contact probably both got a “Do you have any comments about Nicola being an alcoholic?” from the Sun (or the Mirror) and at that point, all the options are tit, aren’t they? I also wonder if they released the vulnerability thing at all because they’d found out something similar, that they were going to lead with her being classed as a vulnerable missing person. The random sudden reveal in two stages really comes across as “backed into a corner” to me.

Reactions: 13
Why then is Paul so adamant she's not in the river?
Maybe depends on what she’s been saying; she may have been saying she wants to leave etc which is making him think she’s walked away from them all rather than been suicidal

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I see theyve now updates to say she had issues with menopause and alcohol (as do many many people) still vague but if she had gone off this would indicate why, police and healthcare attend a welfare check, children involved social services referral due to duty of care, social services assesment of your home life is enough to send anyone over the edge, could have all been too much for her however i dont think for one minute shes thrown herself in the river or harmed herself at all, my hope is now shes still alive and just scared and worried and alone I really hope she is okay this is heartbreaking poor lady I hope she is okay and returns :(

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
So the Police went from firmly saying they wouldn’t reveal anything about the vulnerabilities to saying this??

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-nicola-bulley-police-reveal-29226908Nicola Bulley cops explain missing mum's health issues that recently resurfaced
I don’t think they had much choice with the sheer amount of people getting involved, throwing their own theories around. Police say nothing and they’re doing a terrible job, they reveal more info and it’s still wrong.
With regards to the issues with alcohol, would her partner have really let her drive that morning if she had been drinking?

Reactions: 10
This has really punched me on the heart, I am peri, and alcohol is an every night thing for me now unfortunately, peri and menopause is awful, I'm not aloud hrt as I've have cancer twice, it really scares me, I don't now what is going to happen, and the fear of asking for help also as I worry about my kids!
Once I did mention to the doc, and he said kind of angerly just stop!

My heart is breaking for that beautiful lady 💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.