Nicola Bulley #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So the Police went from firmly saying they wouldn’t reveal anything about the vulnerabilities to saying this??

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-nicola-bulley-police-reveal-29226908Nicola Bulley cops explain missing mum's health issues that recently resurfaced
Surely the police would have already known about the incident in January because it would be logged on to their police data system? Also for an officer and a healthcare professional to both attend at the same time is quite rare (in my local area it is near impossible to get either of the Professionals or service to attend)

Reactions: 19
I'm not being horrible but I think the chances of her being found alive are pretty much slim to none.

I would be delighted to be wrong though.

Reactions: 26
They’re just explaining why she was classed as high risk

They haven’t said that she was definitely drunk or that they suspect that she was - I would think Paul would have also noticed
And the two people she spoke to on her route would no doubt have mentioned something if they thought she was drunk on the day. I can't see that staying out of the media for this long.

It's my understanding that suicides, on the whole, are planned well in advance. The main factor that makes me still think it was a terrible accident is that Nicola left the dog behind. That doesn't sit right with me as I don't think she would have left the dog vulnerable if that makes sense.

Reactions: 11
How would it have changed the search strategy? 🤔
What he means is that he wouldn’t have made himself look like a fool by siding so heavily with the family
I suspect he’s going to distance himself from the whole situation now

Reactions: 14
I’d say that it would still suggest that she was under some sort of stress and there’s a mental factor to it too from there on

Interesting how quickly it went from talk about not stigmatising mental health to stigmatising and low-key shaming use of alcohol as a coping mechanism
Exactly, it's a self medicating coping mechanism for many. It's also highly addictive and it's everywhere.

I can’t think of anywhere else she could have gone other than into the river. If she had been drinking then that makes it even more likely.

Reactions: 9
I never called her a bad parent.

You are aware aren't you that if you're in therapy or under a mental health service and they're made aware you drink excessively and drive they WILL report you to children's services (it's a safeguarding concern) AND report you to the DVLA. If you say you drink till 2am for example and then do the school run, you could still be pissed and your clinician had a duty of care to report this.

These are facts, not my opinion.

I stand by my original comment. Drinking and driving with your kids in your car IS inexcusable and illegal!

Paul had a DUTY OF CARE to stop her.
Speaking of facts I'd like to see a direct link to any suggestion or evidence that Nicole was driving drunk with her kids in the car.

Reactions: 27
This has really punched me on the heart, I am peri, and alcohol is an every night thing for me now unfortunately, peri and menopause is awful, I'm not aloud hrt as I've have cancer twice, it really scares me, I don't now what is going to happen, and the fear of asking for help also as I worry about my kids!
Once I did mention to the doc, and he said kind of angerly just stop!

My heart is breaking for that beautiful lady 💔
I'm sorry you've not been heard. Please don't give up. It happens to too many woman unfortunately (not being heard) and a lot of time by male doctors. Once you speak to the right person it could change your life. Please try again x

• Heart
Well at 50 I did my full year without periods… and every month after that it gets easier. The hot flashes stopped , the sleep improved, the chaotic hormones stopped wildly fluctuating.
I used acupuncture , and cbd.
Thanks love x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m confused as to why it’s thought that the welfare check was to do with something Paul had done? It seems more like it was to do with the alcohol issues and the fact there are children in the home? Sorry if I’ve missed something.
I completely understand Paul and the family withholding this information.
In fact the statement seems like the police have issued it in response to the criticisms they’ve been facing; sort of “this is why we think she’s in the river - it’s based on what we’ve been told”
I hope those little girls are offered some professional help at some point to deal with all this :(

• Sad
Reactions: 17
And the two people she spoke to on her route would no doubt have mentioned something if they thought she was drunk on the day. I can't see that staying out of the media for this long.

It's my understanding that suicides, on the whole, are planned well in advance. The main factor that makes me still think it was a terrible accident is that Nicola left the dog behind. That doesn't sit right with me as I don't think she would have left the dog vulnerable if that makes sense.
Not if you're a functioning alcoholic who is dependent on it. But I'm not even going to assume she was drunk or not in the morning. The police are just highlighting a documented fact and clearing up why they consider her to be vulnerable.

Reactions: 16
Her poor girls 💔 Imagine if her issues had of been hidden from the girls at home and now it's out there for the whole public to judge 😢 Should not have been released IMO

• Sad
It wouldn’t surprise me if the Scum called up the media / police with a ‘do you have a statement about Nicola being an alcoholic’ on a hope and a prayer, and it’s hit pay dirt.

• Angry

Would the dog not keep following her if she went walking? Seeing that police are saying it’s impossible she’s in the river?

Reactions: 6
Crazy to me now all the interviews with the family saying “ everything was normal” “this is so out of character for her” when nothing seems to be normal at all and she was obviously struggling. Part of the reason people don’t seek help is that exact stigma.

No one is thinking less if you for being honest about your problems.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I’m confused as to why it’s thought that the welfare check was to do with something Paul had done? It seems more like it was to do with the alcohol issues and the fact there are children in the home? Sorry if I’ve missed something.
I completely understand Paul and the family withholding this information.
In fact the statement seems like the police have issued it in response to the criticisms they’ve been facing; sort of “this is why we think she’s in the river - it’s based on what we’ve been told”
I hope those little girls are offered some professional help at some point to deal with all this :(
A welfare check can be for any reason. The police literally turned up to our childhood home as there had been reports of kids screaming by neighbours. It was us. We were playing the Wii as a family.

• Haha
  • Wow
They’ve withheld this for an obvious reason. Because if they had said this from the start the attitude would have been “well she’s a drunk so her own fault she fell in the river”. Peoples attitudes towards alcohol issues still remain archaic unfortunately

• Sad
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.