Nicknacklou

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She also rides her exercise bike for times longer than 20 mins yet claims she needs disabled parking and mobility. Come on … surely this cannot be right … I have a mostly invisible disability and it fluctuates too. But I can’t even go up and down the stairs, not once, we’ve had to set me up downstairs. And I honestly had to fight to mobility element, in the end I recorded my interview and wrote to my MP and finally I was awarded it. But I’m too scared to use it for a car incase they take it away from me without warning.
I don’t know about adult pip but for a child on high level dla it’s around £650 every 4 weeks. I think carers allowance is around the amount. Plus the car entitlement!!!
I just read that even if you’ve been given less than six months to live the mobility part is based on need. She has no mobility needs. And if he gets carers and works full time (which I’m guessing he does). Then they aren’t entitled to that neither.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
She definitely has a mobility car, disabled badge and receives PIP. She’s bragged about it before, along with that clueless husband of hers being her ‘carer’.

I’ve no doubt she has days when she feels symptomatic from both the malignancy and chemo, but you can’t just cartwheel your way through your public social media platform and not expect anyone to question it when they’re either experiencing, aware of or witnessing the true realities of life with cancer.

I feel for the poor staff on the TYA unit she’s not eligible to be on. What a diva she must be to care for with her constant attention seeking.
I agree that she would be insufferable without the cancer, same with Bowel Babe and her body positivity is silly - she is not someone who would encounter any discrimination against her body type or has any typical cancer related scars as has been said well up thread. But she will have faced the true realities of cancer she just doesn’t portray it well.

I’m repeating another post I made, but she is eligible to be on the TYA unit - I used it and I was 35 it’s offered - I doubt she pushed to use it, there’s not really anything special about them either. They exist to connect people facing issues that young people face that are very different to the issues you have when older and dealing with cancer. Not worse, but different. Being told you can’t have children, that you won’t live to see put your 40th and you will be pushed into menopause for example is much different position than for a woman post menopause finding she has cancer via a mammogram. It’s not worse, just different and the staff on the young cancer ward are better equipped to deal with helping the former whilst the standard cancer ward is better equipped to deal with the latter as most of their patients fit that bracket. I met some teenagers on mine that didn’t have cancer but a debilitating illness and they were able to use the facilities it’s not black and white.

Reactions: 6
I just personally can’t agree with claiming certain benefits, even if entitled to, that you don’t need. I think the better way to deal with a blue badge for example is have it, but only use it on days you really need it. NNL is prancing about every single day, she has to rest of course but I doubt she couldn’t walk the extra few minutes. It’s so hard because part of me thinks well if you’re entitled why not, but i think I said it before, I have an invisible disability am entitled to PIP and a blue badge but I haven’t applied for either, I won’t until I feel I truly need it.

Reactions: 5
I just personally can’t agree with claiming certain benefits, even if entitled to, that you don’t need. I think the better way to deal with a blue badge for example is have it, but only use it on days you really need it. NNL is prancing about every single day, she has to rest of course but I doubt she couldn’t walk the extra few minutes. It’s so hard because part of me thinks well if you’re entitled why not, but i think I said it before, I have an invisible disability am entitled to PIP and a blue badge but I haven’t applied for either, I won’t until I feel I truly need it.
yes. But, she is not entitled to it just because she has got stage 4 cancer. However, if you have been given 6 months, or less, to live then you are automatically awarded the care component but the mobility part is based and awarded on need(s). And as regards the care component, if she’s hasn’t been given an end of life diagnosis then that too is based and awarded on need(s).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
yes. But, she is not entitled to it just because she has got stage 4 cancer. However, if you have been given 6 months, or less, to live then you are automatically awarded the care component but the mobility part is based and awarded on need(s). And as regards the care component, if she’s hasn’t been given an end of life diagnosis then that too is based and awarded on need(s).

Yeah, her social media certainly doesn’t come across as someone having mobility problems does it.

I guess that’s where if you’re going to become an influencer of cancer or any long term illness you need to be really clear about things, as prancing about the way she does, then having a blue badge and motability just doesn’t add up.

I think looking back and seeing all the dancing and prancing, then hearing her going on about needing priority seating for the flight just doesn’t make sense, she may get sore sitting down but you are allowed to stand up and walk on a flight. She has been dealt a really crappy hand and she’s young, I really don’t take any of that away, but like BB I just don’t think she is the same person who started their Insta accounts, which initially was to do good/spread awareness.

Reactions: 4
I think looking back and seeing all the dancing and prancing, then hearing her going on about needing priority seating for the flight just doesn’t make sense, she may get sore sitting down but you are allowed to stand up and walk on a flight. She has been dealt a really crappy hand and she’s young, I really don’t take any of that away, but like BB I just don’t think she is the same person who started their Insta accounts, which initially was to do good/spread awareness.
totally agree and also no-one is making her go on a long-haul holiday are they?

I don’t know about adult pip but for a child on high level dla it’s around £650 every 4 weeks. I think carers allowance is around the amount. Plus the car entitlement!!!
My daughter gets high level pip and it isn’t that much (she’s 17) but if she gets a car the amount she gets will be reduced to pay for the car through mobility. She doesn’t get the money and the car on top. If her husband is a carer he must have given his job up too. You can’t get carers if you earn over a certain amount - I thinks it’s about £100 a week so obviously if he is working he probably earns too much to claim it. Carers allowance is about £65/75 per week. X

Reactions: 3
If she’s got a car via the motability scheme it’s because she’s on the enhanced rate of the mobility portion of pip, which she has surrendered for the car so she will get the use of the car and be paid the daily living portion of pip, which will be at the enhanced rate of £369.60 per month.

My daughter gets high level pip and it isn’t that much (she’s 17) but if she gets a car the amount she gets will be reduced to pay for the car through mobility. She doesn’t get the money and the car on top. If her husband is a carer he must have given his job up too. You can’t get carers if you earn over a certain amount - I thinks it’s about £100 a week so obviously if he is working he probably earns too much to claim it. Carers allowance is about £65/75 per week. X
so do neither of them work? he's her carer? And they are constantly on holiday?! what a gilded existence for someone in her, admittedly still tit, position. I have stage 4 cancer, barely have enough cash to leave the house most days

• Sad
No, her husband does work. You can find him on LinkedIn, I’m not going to post his details here but he does work. I don’t think he’s her actual carer and getting paid as such via any government benefits. They seem comfortably off and she seems to Come from an affluent family judging by the fact she’s been to Disney Florida most years as a kid/teenager with her family….

Reactions: 2
Your right about the carers allowance, I’m my husband’s carer n can’t work. I did a cleaning job but it wasn’t worth the hassle or the petrol for it! I think it’s no more than £100 a month.
she’s gone a bit quite.

Discusting her attitude. We have paid to upgrade our Virgin flight to Premium to Barbados in November. I need assistance due to visual disability. I'm not milking the system for a free upgrade, yet she plays her cancer card to get freebies.

Reactions: 5
It’s interesting to me to see this thread and that her followers are starting to feel the same. I used to love following her - she was the only account I genuinely liked and felt was authentic. Until a few months ago (possibly coinciding with her doing more ads) and the gifted Lapland trip just pushed me over the edge. I’ve said before I have a child that was diagnosed with cancer last year aged 10 and due to covid no ‘wishes’ were being granted. I’d give anything for them to experience Lapland - as it looks so magical for a child and here she was getting the trip gifted at like 30 years of age. It just made me feel sad and a little angry (more at the companies that offer these freebies just because a person has a sm following)
I think she has really changed and not for the better and it’s sad to witness

Reactions: 13
So very sad reading the update off the lifeofmique - I hope she can be made comfortable. I can’t even begin to imagine. Life is so so unfair and unjust. I hope NNL reads the room better today with her holiday content knowing what is happening with beautiful Monique.

Reactions: 8
So very sad reading the update off the lifeofmique - I hope she can be made comfortable. I can’t even begin to imagine. Life is so so unfair and unjust. I hope NNL reads the room better today with her holiday content knowing what is happening with beautiful Monique.
Given that she's literally posted a video about how amazing her hotel is and all the best bits of her holiday for her 'hoomans' already this morning I don't think that is going to happen. Starting to find her truly tone deaf and appalling. She doesn't care about the cancer community anymore, she just used it to become an influencer. Now her scans are clear it is all ME ME ME. cannot stand her anymore.

Given that she's literally posted a video about how amazing her hotel is and all the best bits of her holiday for her 'hoomans' already this morning I don't think that is going to happen. Starting to find her truly tone deaf and appalling. She doesn't care about the cancer community anymore, she just used it to become an influencer. Now her scans are clear it is all ME ME ME. cannot stand her anymore.
Her scans aren’t clear. She’s starting IV chemo after this holiday because she’s had progression with her cancer.

Her scans aren’t clear. She’s starting IV chemo after this holiday because she’s had progression with her cancer.
Fair play. Didn't realise. As someone else who doesn't have clear scans though this doesn't seem to be an overly realistic experience of not having clear scans. But thanks to her for rubbing it in.

Her latest video is pretty tasteless - 'mobility issues' whilst jumping into water, climbing waterfalls, swinging across on ropes. Yeah, right. Then filmed stuffing her face at the end of it. I'm sorry for her diagnosis and I get wanting to enjoy precious time away - but blimey, have some sensitivity to other people who don't have this option and also the dire situation in Ukraine right now.

Reactions: 14
Fair play. Didn't realise. As someone else who doesn't have clear scans though this doesn't seem to be an overly realistic experience of not having clear scans. But thanks to her for rubbing it in.
And, I think my point with this is - hasn't she got her level of influence through being a 'authentic' cancer Instagrammer? She has a lot of followers going through cancer I imagine, this stuff feels insulting as we stare at the same four walls week after week. We can of course unfollow her but I wasn't quick enough. This isn't a real stage 4 cancer experience - it is an incredibly privileged stage 4 cancer experience (I can barely afford to eat as I am single and can't work and haven't been on holiday for years - I wouldn't be able to afford the insurance anymore anyway). It is of course fine to portray your superior cancer experience, apart from the fact her brand has always been build on 'normal woman fighting the good fight along with the rest of us'. Up until she started getting more followers. She might as well become an inane body positivity influencer and shut up about her cancer experience as it is frankly insulting to a lot of us living the reality. If you are doing handstands or whatever every week in lapland or paradise you DO NOT represent the rest of us. I feel most sorry for Laura, who she seems to have left doing all the secondary sisters admin as she tries desperately to become famous. I cannot stand her.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.