Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jvuddie

VIP Member
Whilst I agree with the rest of what you're saying, how is she meant to go and get a job when she has advanced cancer?
I've got a job and have stage 4 cancer (the exact same one as nicky)

I wouldn't be able to survive otherwise
It really isn't impossible, at all. Especially post the covid WFH boom.

Also if you are able to constantly travel and do handstands on various exotic beaches you are MORE than capable of getting a job

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Jvuddie

VIP Member
I have to say, none of these cancer influencers in anyway like to reference or talk about the financial struggle that normal people with stage 4 face. And i think this is where ppl like nicky and bowel babe really irritate me. It's all exotic holidays, brunching, constantly being out etc. Never do i get a sense that they are experiencing the financial hell I currently have to go through (I can't work, don't have a gofundme, even if i did have a gofundme i doubt anyone would care - I am not young and thin). And yet they position themselves as relatable and real - showing the truth behind having cancer... Lol. That's what annoys me. They are privileged stage 4 patients by any sense of the word.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Bristolgirl

Chatty Member
Poor Kelly (kickasskell) had her treatment postponed at the beginning of Covid, and subsequently died. Then there’s this idiot who’s caused herself a delay through wanton irresponsibility. I’m actually quite fuming. Who the fuck does she think she is?

• Sad
Reactions: 22

Cady1954

VIP Member
Her arrogance astounds me it really does. Considering how her husband spent the best part of a week isolating in their bedroom when he caught covid so she didn't catch it.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
Whilst I agree with the rest of what you're saying, how is she meant to go and get a job when she has advanced cancer?
My sister is palliative care, 5 years to live and has hodgkins lymphoma. She had chemo imported from America and it was that strong, it killed her spleen which had to be removed, destroyed her knee joints she she had to have a double knee replacement and she is waiting for a double elbow replacement.

All of those surgeries she had to have under local, along with relaxants and for her knees, she had an epidural. She cannot be put fully under because the chemo also rotted part of her lung and her lungs collapsed and they can't monitor her breathing properly. One inflated, the other remains stuck together. This is now causing problems as its turning mouldy inside her and she coughs up balls of blood and mucus the size of eggs on a daily basis.

She is on daily antibiotics as she has no immune system, her blood doesn't clot so she could bleed to death if operates on as they can't always stem the blood and of she falls or bangs herself hard enough to bruise, she could bleed to death internally.

They removed the disability part of her benefits and deem her fit to work and she does, 3 days a week, so I'm pretty sure Nicky could work.

She certainly doesnt have the physical restrictions my sister does and appears to be in general better health than my sister.

Of course she may not be sharing everything but she is certainly doing a cracking job of glamourising cancer in a very misleading way.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

Curiouslycuriousstill

She knew she had covid, she’s not stupid. There is no way she was going to consider other people and not get that flight or isolate. She’s selfish

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I find it all so uncomfortable- everyone is raising money for charity to raise awareness- Nick is raising money for herself to go on holiday- yeah ok maybe 1 or 2 holidays but multiple holidays- can you imagine how many terminal people would love maybe just 1 experience- it’s all just so self obsessive

Reactions: 20

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
If you are going to go as far as saying it's vulgar then lets shut down IG and lets stop people posting.

Any way I'm not going to argue with people over it, just see it differently and knowing people going through both what she is and what BB is, I see both sides.
Stop it. Stop being so damn self righteous. We ALL have people close to us going through cancer - how dare you come on here and try to use that line to monopolise this conversation.

Nic Newman strutting around in a thong, talking to the camera like a child and performing FOR Instagram hourly while on her holiday is vulgar. Why is she doing it? What purpose does it serve other than her getting her ego boost? The cancer community is heavy with loss this week - a community she is part of - and instead of having the humility, the maturity and the respect to just take a breather for a second and take some time out she’s in everyone’s face gloating about getting a free upgrade on a plane and showing off about her holiday - while her so called friend is at home dying infront of the nation.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Jvuddie

VIP Member
So Nicky has popped up a 'top 10 tips for flying/travelling with cancer'.

I'm confused as at no point does she mention as top tips:

1. get a bunch of gullible mugs online to pay for your trip despite the fact you can easily work and dance around under balls of joy

Or

2. Pay no regard to yours or anyone else's health by knowingly choosing to give an entire plane covid.

Or

3. Knowingly travel during a pandemic during active cancer treatment despite the risks and then cost the nhs thousands when you, unsurprisingly, get covid

Nicky, I know you're reading, why the omissions babe?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I don’t believe for one second that the supposed tests she did on holiday came back negative. Far too much of a coincidence. Selfish mare.

ginnyw

VIP Member
'I've been powering through to enjoy my holiday but now it's time to rest.' How noble of you to 'power through' your expensive holiday and infect everybody you've come into contact with, no doubt. Sorry I sound harsh but REALLY. Where the F is your consideration for others?

• Haha
  • Heart

Lillypie

secondary b/c has a 5 year average life expectancy. the stats are a bit outdated and obviously some live longer but from what I can gather I don’t think she will have many treatment lines left after this one. She’s 4 years in and no matter what she portrays on the gram it must be terrifying and chemo side effects are brutal. I don’t grudge her the holidays or even the go fund me really, although I don’t agree with it, cause what else is she ment to do? Work till she physically cant? Non of us expect to have to do that, nobody wants to work till the day they die. I guess you could look at it as her premature short lived retirement in a way. not everyone gets to do it, most, myself included struggle thru cancer treatment. Financially, physically and mentally, while working, but if someone offered to gift me a holiday (multiply holidays) or I could be arsed/was interesting enough to be able to build a following and have people fund my lifestyle I probably would have and I think many others would aswell. However as a person, or I should probably say as the character she plays online, nnl is a complete and utter ars. What she shows in not reality for anyone and I don’t believe for a second that it’s hers. How embarrassing asking people to video you jumping up and down grinning and giggling like a toddler. It’s the trade of I guess, act a dick pretend to be mesmerised by a “hooman” person in a Micky mouse costume and record yourself watching fireworks like you never knew they existed before that very moment - get to live a pretty good couple of years full of holidays and free days out. I do wonder if her online character is anything like her real life personality, even her husband is doing the over the top jumping giggling shit now and it’s beyond cringe for both of them. They know it’s a way to make money/get gifted stuff and they’re really going all out by making a complete show of themselves just to get what they can.

The disability thing is another issue completely wrong in every way. she may be disabled on paper but is clearly able bodied in real life and should act accordingly.

I’ll add that if she was in my ward carrying one the way she does I’d ask to be sat as far away from her as possible so I could nap then eat my cheap nhs sandwich in peace without having to watch someone dance around a chemo pump cause it’s fucken weird and not something iv ever even thought of doing while sitting in a room full of people who are mostly sick, scared and tired.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

bopbop22

NNL has become something I really hoped she wouldn’t as she used to be so lovely to follow, a normal girl trying to navigate the crappy hand she’s been dealt.

But now it’s become so OTT for the gram. Even lying the other day about how much her wig cost then had to admit she had lied?

I don’t begrudge her the holidays as always the memories she’ll make with her husband will be amazing, but what I don’t like is she asks people to support the ads because she gave up work etc. and needs to pay the bills. But suddenly they’re able to go to the Maldives then Jamaica…she’s gone full scale Influencer now. And it’s a shame.

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
62A24E89-2BC6-40E4-B73D-C278A7C153F8.jpeg

THIS IS AN ADVERT SO IT SHOULD CLEARLY BE LABELLED AS AN AD AT THE VERY BEGINNING OF THE TEXT. ITS NOT LABELLED ANYWHERE AS AN AD OR AS A PAID PARTNERSHIP OR SPONSORED CONTENT AT ALL.

PLUS - SORRY BUT HOW FUCKING DISTASTEFUL TO PUT A POST UP ABOUT PROPLE DYING AND MENTAL ILL HEALTH WHEN ITS A FUCKING ADVERT FOR FUCKING SHITTY SPORTS CROP TOPS AND SHORTS.

• Angry
  • Wow

Bristolgirl

Chatty Member
Her recent stories are absolutely revolting. Bragging about being upgraded, prancing about getting sunloungers…what a bloody spoilt brat she is. How blinking dense does someone need to be to show no awareness of the current events in the world. Read the room, Nikki.

If and when she finds this thread, I think she’ll be shocked. She clearly thinks that everybody absolutely adores her.

Last edited:

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
Your sister sounds like exactly the sort of person who should be getting disability/motability etc. there are so many discrepancies in the system & as you say, unless there is a big part that NNL isn’t disclosing about her condition it’s ludicrous that she gets/takes advantage of everything going & other people struggle to get the basics. Your sister sounds awesome to keep going with all that she is. Sending much respect to her 😊
Because she can make a drink, cook a meal and walk to the corner shop and only need her walking frame less than 50% of the time, they removed it. Her employers are very understanding and it involves working all around the UK and she works with my Stepmom so she's never alone at work.

She still goes horse riding which she has strictly been told to stop because a fall would kill her but she said shes end of life so refuses to sit around waiting for death. That may be considered selfish but at least she isn't begging for holidays and experiences she makes her own.

And she cannot find insurance to cover for abroad travel, and one that would was around £11,000 I think for a week in Europe.

So yeah, Nicky can fuck off with her happy food dances and scrounging for people to fund her memory making and trying to guilt people by saying it's all that will be left after she's gone.

• Heart

Bristolgirl

Chatty Member
As always, at the beginning she was lovely. I didn’t mind the odd ad. Then, about 18 months ago she gave up her job and became a professional cancer ‘grammar. Now it’s stupid sayings, luxurious holidays blah blah blah. What a weird world we live in where you can make a living out of being terminally ill.

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
So she’s got covid. And she’s been on a plane with no mask on. Even though she’s been feeling rough for days……

• Angry
  • Wow