Nicknacklou

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My little one fought cancer last year (aged 10) - they’ve had no ‘treats’ and we certainly couldn’t afford Jamaica as a holiday 🥺

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
My little one fought cancer last year (aged 10) - they’ve had no ‘treats’ and we certainly couldn’t afford Jamaica as a holiday 🥺
So sorry to hear your little one has gone through this. It’s children who deserve to have a holiday of a lifetime not a young woman who is obviously not on the breadline. Fuming!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This is why I started to become wary about the whole insta cancer thing. A while ago Nic was ‘gifted’ a original Sophie tea art nude, she was also a nude in one of her shows, you basically write in with your story and are so say ‘selected’, fine. She was also ‘selected to be in a show as a nude’. The next thing is Sophie tea art do another give away for an original piece , these are sold in the region of 2/3k, not cheap!! Lo and behold the winner just happens to be Georgie swallow! Who’s on insta snivelling about how she never wins anything. Hmmmm, now call me cynical…it gets better, again Sophie puts on another ( and last) nude art show, a big event in London, again thousands write in with their stories, it’s basically about empowering women, and shock horror, Georgie ( and by pure coincidence her best friend Em Clarkson, daughter of Jeremy) get picked!!! I mean, c’mon! Laura actually applied to bless her. She of course got nothing. It’s only my opinion but it’s just screams cancer clique and it’s vile. So yeah, that was it for me, I just thought tit, even when you are really ill there seems to be a little group of ‘top dogs’. Take it all and give very little back.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Her recent stories are absolutely revolting. Bragging about being upgraded, prancing about getting sunloungers…what a bloody spoilt brat she is. How blinking dense does someone need to be to show no awareness of the current events in the world. Read the room, Nikki.

If and when she finds this thread, I think she’ll be shocked. She clearly thinks that everybody absolutely adores her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
It frustrates me that I feel guilty for saying anything negative about her, because ultimately she has terminal cancer. But I’ve followed her for a long time and have seen the change in her account and what she posts.

I think what did it for me was when she went to the cinema and said that disabled people can get a carer in for free under some scheme so we should all apply for it. I have a blue badge, and I receive pip for multiple autoimmune conditions - and not once has it ever crossed my mind to take someone out with me and call them my carer so they can get a freebie.

I’m mostly independent and I’m probably too stubborn and slow to ask for help at times, but never have I ever felt entitled to free tit or using my illnesses to get better seats or upgrades.

It’s actually really gross, and in the most respectful way possible, I’m not convinced (based on what we see her post) that she even needs a carer or whoever she’s taking in for free, at this stage.

She’s abusing the fact she has cancer, she’s entitled and she’s clearly out to grab whatever freebies she can get and I think that’s just really sad. I really looked up to her… not now. Sorry, as you were!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
This is why I started to become wary about the whole insta cancer thing. A while ago Nic was ‘gifted’ a original Sophie tea art nude, she was also a nude in one of her shows, you basically write in with your story and are so say ‘selected’, fine. She was also ‘selected to be in a show as a nude’. The next thing is Sophie tea art do another give away for an original piece , these are sold in the region of 2/3k, not cheap!! Lo and behold the winner just happens to be Georgie swallow! Who’s on insta snivelling about how she never wins anything. Hmmmm, now call me cynical…it gets better, again Sophie puts on another ( and last) nude art show, a big event in London, again thousands write in with their stories, it’s basically about empowering women, and shock horror, Georgie ( and by pure coincidence her best friend Em Clarkson, daughter of Jeremy) get picked!!! I mean, c’mon! Laura actually applied to bless her. She of course got nothing. It’s only my opinion but it’s just screams cancer clique and it’s vile. So yeah, that was it for me, I just thought tit, even when you are really ill there seems to be a little group of ‘top dogs’. Take it all and give very little back.
Did Laura (BB&B) apply to do the Sophie Tea thing?

Reactions: 1
Gordon Bennett, you'd never know there was a war on from the NNL despatches, would you? I find it all a bit in-your-face and lots of us affected by cancer can't afford to do these sorts of things. I'm tempted to set up GBFIY - Go Bloody Fund It Yourself!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So sorry to hear your little one has gone through this. It’s children who deserve to have a holiday of a lifetime not a young woman who is obviously not on the breadline. Fuming!
Thank you guys for asking ❤
It was a brilliant outcome thank god. Seeing your child have chemo drugs pumped into them via tubes in their chest and losing al their hair really is the worse thing I could ever experience. We couldn’t even get her a ‘wish’ granted due to the pandemic!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Gordon Bennett, you'd never know there was a war on from the NNL despatches, would you? I find it all a bit in-your-face and lots of us affected by cancer can't afford to do these sorts of things. I'm tempted to set up GBFIY - Go Bloody Fund It Yourself!
It’s the constant drip feed of bragging on Instagram that I just don’t get. Like, you are on holiday with your husband- put your phone away and be present and enjoy your holiday. Stop focusing on documenting it for a bunch of strangers on Instagram. It’s just showing off, that’s all it is. It’s childish.

Reactions: 9
Is it me or has she suddenly turned very smug? I think she might have found this thread.

Reactions: 5
It’s the constant drip feed of bragging on Instagram that I just don’t get. Like, you are on holiday with your husband- put your phone away and be present and enjoy your holiday. Stop focusing on documenting it for a bunch of strangers on Instagram. It’s just showing off, that’s all it is. It’s childish.
Exactly especially considering she has stage 4 cancer… my mums best friend sadly passed away last year of breast cancer, she was in her early 40s with very young children so it’s desperately sad. My mum suddenly had an epiphany deleted all her social medias and thought no Im going to live my life fully instead of through my phone - or words to that extent. Im not saying my mum had the “right” reaction to being affected by cancer but I do wonder looking at NNL yes she’s having these wonderful holidays but is she actually enjoying her time and immersing herself?

Reactions: 2
It frustrates me that I feel guilty for saying anything negative about her, because ultimately she has terminal cancer. But I’ve followed her for a long time and have seen the change in her account and what she posts.

I think what did it for me was when she went to the cinema and said that disabled people can get a carer in for free under some scheme so we should all apply for it. I have a blue badge, and I receive pip for multiple autoimmune conditions - and not once has it ever crossed my mind to take someone out with me and call them my carer so they can get a freebie.

I’m mostly independent and I’m probably too stubborn and slow to ask for help at times, but never have I ever felt entitled to free tit or using my illnesses to get better seats or upgrades.

It’s actually really gross, and in the most respectful way possible, I’m not convinced (based on what we see her post) that she even needs a carer or whoever she’s taking in for free, at this stage.

She’s abusing the fact she has cancer, she’s entitled and she’s clearly out to grab whatever freebies she can get and I think that’s just really sad. I really looked up to her… not now. Sorry, as you were!
i too felt guilty and kind of bitchy too. But I reconciled with myself that having cancer doesn’t give you a free for all to grab before you go and to use it as a card that trumps all other people’s cards.

Reactions: 7
Did Laura (BB&B) apply to do the Sophie Tea thing?
I believe she did, I’m sure she said she did. It’s just all seems so very cliquey and top dogs of the cancer world which is just disturbing.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I believe she did, I’m sure she said she did. It’s just all seems so very cliquey and top dogs of the cancer world which is just disturbing.
Yes. A very very very close family member of mine has stage 4 BC, she’s in her late 30s, she followed loads of the cancer influencers at the start of her diagnosis but quickly realised that there most definitely is a ridiculous bullshit hierarchy and that there are little cliques. Particularly with those that live in London and the south/south east.
All clamouring to be best mates with the likes of Ferne Cotton/Giovanna Fletcher and going on “gifted” spa days to Soho Farmhouse etc
She unfollowed the vast majority of them. We were literally just talking about this the other day.

Reactions: 7
It's so smug today on the NNL feed, can't bear it with everything else going on in the world. It has made me appreciate BB a lot more though and her struggle at the moment, which she's shared today. So there's a silver lining but PUT THE PANCAKES AWAY FFS!!!!

It's so smug today on the NNL feed, can't bear it with everything else going on in the world. It has made me appreciate BB a lot more though and her struggle at the moment, which she's shared today. So there's a silver lining but PUT THE PANCAKES AWAY FFS!!!!
Completely agree. BB does her ads but then shows you some realness. NNL posted something briefly about how to help Ukrainians but then it was swiftly removed the other night. I assume her management company have advised her posting about refugees doesn’t bring in the high earnings she so desperately seeks! How her husband copes with her head constantly in her phone I will never understand. When you know your time in this life has been cut short surely that refocuses you to not share your energy and intimate moments with hoards of strangers?

I wouldn't mind so much if she was sharing interesting things about the country she's visiting, or something worth thinking about. But all we are seeing is pool, prancing, posing and pancakes.

Reactions: 4
I personally find BB so much less annoying than NNL. BBs Ads really annoy me as their constant and I think it makes the page feel like a sales pitch. But I think the pouting and posing etc isn’t for the gram, I think she’s just like that as a person, like it or hate it if that makes sense. But I feel NNL puts on this ‘cutesy’ image for the gram and its getting worse. Coming across as fake and just for followers. I mean what person actually goes around going ‘morning bootiful hooooomans, the big ball of joy is out today, let’s do a boobie boogie’ 😳

I personally find BB so much less annoying than NNL. BBs Ads really annoy me as their constant and I think it makes the page feel like a sales pitch. But I think the pouting and posing etc isn’t for the gram, I think she’s just like that as a person, like it or hate it if that makes sense. But I feel NNL puts on this ‘cutesy’ image for the gram and its getting worse. Coming across as fake and just for followers. I mean what person actually goes around going ‘morning bootiful hooooomans, the big ball of joy is out today, let’s do a boobie boogie’ 😳
I don't know - I get up in the morning, say 'OMG' when I look in the mirror, have to lie down again and drink coffee in total silence and woe betide if anybody tries to engage me in conversation or expect me to do anything. Was I like NNL when I was in my thirties, though? No - I don't think that I was!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.