Nicknacklou #2 Go fund me to be a super spreader

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did I miss there being a cancer fundraiser? She has thanked everyone for donations…did she collect donations?!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I don't like to say too much about it as it's everyone's individual choice if they want to drink but I can't help but wonder if there is any correlation between alcohol consumption and cancer progression. I'm only saying this because a friend of my husband had secondary breast cancer and she was given 5 years but she died within the year, and she drank to oblivion that last year. I think it was her way of dealing with it all. I always wonder role alcohol plays in cancer progression.

Reactions: 1
I don't like to say too much about it as it's everyone's individual choice if they want to drink but I can't help but wonder if there is any correlation between alcohol consumption and cancer progression. I'm only saying this because a friend of my husband had secondary breast cancer and she was given 5 years but she died within the year, and she drank to oblivion that last year. I think it was her way of dealing with it all. I always wonder role alcohol plays in cancer progression.
No there’s no link.

I've done quite a bit of research and the there seems to be conflicting reports on whether it affects cancer progression. There is a definite correlation between drinking and breast cancer though.
Drinking more than a certain number of units per week raises risk of breast cancer and other sorts, including mouth cancer. But I've known people who are teetotal and who have the most aggressive cancers, so a lot seems down to luck, genetics etc. I'm sorry to see that NNL is clearly going downhill, however annoying she may be. What an awful place to be in.

Reactions: 5
Drinking more than a certain number of units per week raises risk of breast cancer and other sorts, including mouth cancer. But I've known people who are teetotal and who have the most aggressive cancers, so a lot seems down to luck, genetics etc. I'm sorry to see that NNL is clearly going downhill, however annoying she may be. What an awful place to be in.
Yeah she seems to be really struggling now. As much as she annoys me I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

For my primary diagnosis I was warned about alcohol consumption and how high the link was between it and the type of cancer I had

For my secondary diagnosis I was given a little more leeway but told to remain sensible and definitely not drink through active treatment.

I guess maybe she is off active treatment now so drinking more? I'm probably still be fairly cautious but that's just me

Reactions: 6
I knew that ad would be coming! Yawn.

Loving the garnering for sympathy - Skippy probably has DOMs after doing a 5k with no training. It’s probably the most exercise she’s done in weeks. That doesn’t mean you have progression - your legs are likely weak because of sore muscles you haven’t looked after. Her legs don’t look like they have much muscle either and that is going to help your bone health as well

Reactions: 2
I've done quite a bit of research and the there seems to be conflicting reports on whether it affects cancer progression. There is a definite correlation between drinking and breast cancer though.
Can you provide evidence to back this up?

no one knows why breast cancer starts. No one. Once it starts it’s driven by hormones, proteins or unknown entities (ER positive/HER2 positive and triple negative) and it is these that fuel the cancer and help it to grow/spread. It’s got nothing to do with drinking alcohol or consuming sugar or drinking dairy products or any of the other baseless conspiracy theories that do the rounds online. If alcohol consumption had any impact on it then everyone who’s ever had a breast cancer diagnosis would all have been told with no doubt that they shouldn’t drink.

Can you provide evidence to back this up?

no one knows why breast cancer starts. No one. Once it starts it’s driven by hormones, proteins or unknown entities (ER positive/HER2 positive and triple negative) and it is these that fuel the cancer and help it to grow/spread. It’s got nothing to do with drinking alcohol or consuming sugar or drinking dairy products or any of the other baseless conspiracy theories that do the rounds online. If alcohol consumption had any impact on it then everyone who’s ever had a breast cancer diagnosis would all have been told with no doubt that they shouldn’t drink.
Just doing a quick google brings it up. I'm not a doctor or scientist but they do say there's a correlation between the two. Obviously a lot of cancer is genetic as well.

30C008FB-C898-4375-95FC-4EAA67619430.jpeg

Just doing a quick google brings it up. Obviously I'm not a doctor or scientist but they do say there's a correlation between the two.

View attachment 1447256
Make note of the words “can increase the risk”

yes it’s a risk factor. Same as smoking can increase the risk of lung cancer. But it’s not the alcohol nor the smoking that actually causes a person to develop cancer.

Sorry. I don’t believe today’s pity party at all. She doesn’t want to go to the event because they’ve fallen out and it’s followed by an advert 🙄 yawn NNL. She’s ok. You can tell by her face. She’s so bleeping manipulative.

Reactions: 7
Sorry. I don’t believe today’s pity party at all. She doesn’t want to go to the event because they’ve fallen out and it’s followed by an advert 🙄 yawn NNL. She’s ok. You can tell by her face. She’s so bleeping manipulative.
Agree. There’s definitely been a ruck of some description between Nic & Laura. They never see eachother at all anymore, Nic never attends any of the secondary sisters events or has any input into SS at all, Laura never mentions Nic at all and Nic never mentions Laura, even when they were both at the event last week (where Nic wore a black dress when the dress code was pink) there was no photos of them together alone, no gushing “back together and it feels so good” type of gushing no nonsense. Just radio silence. It’s so obvious that something has gone sour between them.

Reactions: 4
I think you and me would get on in real life, Betty. Well established bullshit radar.

Yup, total bullshit! But time for an ad though!!!

Legs can’t support you?????? They supported you ok for all those arse wiggles and crap running around in the garden recently!
She knows fine well there’s a plan coming, she is just milking the violin 🎻 in between time to line the pouch!

Not one genuine bone in her body can tell the truth!
is she really off treatment 5 weeks? I think some of that was some of her own doing wasn’t it?
What with putting Jollydays as a priority????

Reactions: 5
Can we please not with the alcohol consumption monitoring and not very subtle implications that Nicky has brought her cancer on herself. When people have cancer, particularly people in Nickys position, the absolute last thing they need is people being all cats bum mouth about how much alcohol/sugar/deodorant etc they are consuming. I know, because I have been there and it just isn't what we need to hear, especially from cancer muggles. I didn't have a single risk factor for breast cancer, and drink far less than most people I know, and I still got aggressive breast cancer in my thirties.

In Nickys case, it's actually far more likely that her IVF treatment was a factor, particularly the way that it must have grown very aggressively for her to get her de novo diagnosis, and I do think in the future more things are going to come out about hormonal contraceptives, IVF etc and the links to breast cancer. Not to say that is her fault either.

Trust me, anyone with cancer, and I'm sure that includes Nicky, will have tortured themselves time and time again with 'what caused my cancer'.

I think the woman is absolutely insufferable and can't imagine how irritating it must be to be at any sort of social event/holiday/aeroplane journey with her. But she is in an incredibly scary place right now and I don't think comments about her having a glass of wine are helpful or necessary are they?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Hear hear. My dear neighbour also got the most aggressive sort and was teetotal. Everyone is different and unique and we have no idea how and why NNL got breast cancer.

Can we please not with the alcohol consumption monitoring and not very subtle implications that Nicky has brought her cancer on herself. When people have cancer, particularly people in Nickys position, the absolute last thing they need is people being all cats bum mouth about how much alcohol/sugar/deodorant etc they are consuming. I know, because I have been there and it just isn't what we need to hear, especially from cancer muggles. I didn't have a single risk factor for breast cancer, and drink far less than most people I know, and I still got aggressive breast cancer in my thirties.

In Nickys case, it's actually far more likely that her IVF treatment was a factor, particularly the way that it must have grown very aggressively for her to get her de novo diagnosis, and I do think in the future more things are going to come out about hormonal contraceptives, IVF etc and the links to breast cancer. Not to say that is her fault either.

Trust me, anyone with cancer, and I'm sure that includes Nicky, will have tortured themselves time and time again with 'what caused my cancer'.

I think the woman is absolutely insufferable and can't imagine how irritating it must be to be at any sort of social event/holiday/aeroplane journey with her. But she is in an incredibly scary place right now and I don't think comments about her having a glass of wine are helpful or necessary are they?
Agree. My previous comments about her drinking were nothing to do with cancer, just an observation that she drinks a lot.

Reactions: 4
My comment wasn't meant to offend anyone and I'm sorry if it has. I think it's my time to bow out of this thread as feel there's a lot of double standards about what is "allowed" to be discussed on here and what isn't. Anyway I'll see myself out.
As someone with secondary breast cancer we are warned time and time again against alcohol - I don't think your comment was inappropriate.

Maybe we don't know if there are definite links and of course people who don't drink get it to but I can also say 100% that Nicky will have been warned numerous times there is a potential risk (my oncologist mentions it a lot) and has made the choice to drink anyway. Which is entirely up to her.

I always think it pays to be cautious but it really depends on your own priorities.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
As someone with secondary breast cancer we are warned time and time again against alcohol - I don't think your comment was inappropriate.

Maybe we don't know if there are definite links and of course people who don't drink get it to but I can also say 100% that Nicky will have been warned numerous times there is a potential risk (my oncologist mentions it a lot) and has made the choice to drink anyway. Which is entirely up to her.

I always think it pays to be cautious but it really depends on your own priorities.
Conversely my sister who also has SBC in her 30s has been told she can drink, that alcohol doesn’t have any adverse effect on her medication nor on her cancer and that she shouldn’t feel she has to become teetotal - drinking isn’t going to make her cancer any worse. You cannot say you 100% know what Nic’s oncologist has said to her.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.