Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

londongirl2001

VIP Member
The vlogs used to be better when they just filmed their everyday life, showed some nice views, their garden, cooking etc. I even like Nicki‘s wedding content (despite the dirty makeup palettes she takes with her, ew), because usually the locations for those are stunning.
But as it was said upthread, ever since Carlo retired, it all went downhill. Nicki seems more irritable than before and now also behaves like a retiree. And it’s not like she used to work herself to death before, with her only working in the summer.

Reactions: 9

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
There were so many comments on YouTube asking after Pepe, I wonder if N or C will respond and say how he's getting on. This would at least show some respect to this older man whom they mockingly filmed and used for content, posting the old footage with a dunno-what-happened-to-him shrug.

This disgusts me more each time I think about it. If she does give an update I bet she'll not acknowledge those who called them out as exploitative, she'll just give some mealy-mouthed comment; Thanks to so many of you who asked about Pepe and wanted to hear more, he's fit and well, still growing orchids blah blah. But if dear Pepe is no longer with us we won't hear a word, he'd have served his purpose to them, emergency content while Nicky again travelled to the UK England.

• Heart

Turaj

VIP Member
I was just coming on here to post this about Fern!
You can bet she and Nicki met up or that Fern stayed with them. I think they are very close, no matter how awkward Nicki & Carlo's visit with them in France looked. I recall for Nicki's recent birthday, either on her Instagram or on her vlog about her birthday, she thanked Fern on camera for giving Carlo the idea of getting her whatever it was he got her for her birthday present.
Well Fern is another than could have her own forum here on TL. I remember when Nicki and Carlo stayed with them...almost think I'll go back and watch again. I have to assume her husband must make a good living because boy does she know how to spend money and has been for years. Her videos are pretty boring and again I started watching for the location videos. Materialism at its finest for sure.

What she can't seem to get into her head is that she's entitled to decorate her house as hideously as she wants; she's the one who has to live in it. But if she's broadcasting it for ad revenue, and keeping comments turned on (to boost her up the algorithm), then she's going to get opinions.

I'm sick of creators thinking they're entitled to cash without any of the 'downsides'. I wouldn't expect a full day's wage if I sauntered into work at 11am, so why they feel entitled to get all the pay with none of the bad is beyond me.

• Heart

Turaj

VIP Member
Two things spring to my mind in regard to Nicki & Carlo, Nicki's father, when we hear him speak in her videos, has defintely not got a posh accent. Carlo has recently lost his Dad so may be feeling somewhat fragile and vulnerable, not just a 'bit of a wet rag'.
When you have the death of a close family member it puts life in perspective. I am shocked that Nicki is picking this time to showcase the real relationship that we see with her derogatory comments about him and his work. This is the time in life when a supportive spouse can really make life better.

• Heart

Libbub

VIP Member
I reckon once the dust has settled you'll find that she stays in Tuscany and Carlo stays in Positano. He prefers the coast and meeting and chatting she prefers solitude and her own company.

• Heart

Sabbie

VIP Member
Isn't it awful that she had to buy her own mattress because the begging didn't work. :rolleyes:

I have no idea how that house is for retirement. They are so cut off from everything. What if you can't drive anymore? They seem to be haphazardly making major decisions about walls, and randomly buying shit rather than spending time there and working out what they really need.

And how long will it be before one of those poor dogs gets injured. :cautious:

Edit to add: OH said "She's even complaining about her fucking sandwich. Who is she?" 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha

Turaj

VIP Member
These folks haven't seen her on Instagram, where she does the same passive aggressive moves towards her own followers!
This is the sort of thing that turns me off. She's totally passive aggressive!

I'm trying to figure out why she was in the UK for so long. I went on Patreon to see if she's posted anything there. I'm not a Patron of hers, but sometimes you can see what's going on. On April 25th you can see she's in the UK and says that everyone is o.k., but it had to do something with her dad:

View attachment 2917653

Two days ago, she posted from her house in Tuscany.
View attachment 2917656
I think the repeated trips to UK is concerning her Dad. I don't know what the rest of the message above is but something about her DAD. I also get the impression she had been asked to get her crap out of there...thus the paintings....the soap making stuff etc. Maybe he is going to move into a place where he can get a bit of help...as I recall he is over 90 and this time we did not see him out doing his usual walking with Nicki. I checked out some of the comments and boy she did get the reaction from her followers...very few support the tone of the videos lately and it is a regular Carlo fan club. I still think she might be doing all this on purpose to fire up interest which probably has been waning after the move to Tuscany.

Turaj

VIP Member
I tell you what is ugly, her fucking heart . And that endless pot of shite pink paint. Nasty controlling bitch. She's taking a roasting in the comments and rightly so, finally people are seeing through her.
---
As soon as he said "look what I bought" I thought oh deary me, lady muck won't like that.

Really I'd like to see Carlo stand up to her and tell her to stfu!
this almost seemed like a planned deal whereby he would buy this furniture that they had ruled out and then watch Nicki go after him. I think Nicki knows exactly what she is doing in this videos...maybe setting up this "poor Carlo" theme? This one was so predictable and frankly I don't think he would have bought that unless she told him to.
---
I don't usually bother with the comments but was curious, let's see if these get deleted. Do we think it's someone who knows them?

View attachment 2917516
View attachment 2917518
Wow thank you for posting these. I say this is someone who knows the happy couple in Positano. I think that is exactly what happened and Carlo is still married. I do think they will take these comments down...gotta read over there ...never read comments but seems like the tone is really changing.

• Wow

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Nicki said Skye doesn't want to appear in the vlogs any longer, funny that it happened just after she turned 18 and has agency over her inclusion or not.

• Heart
Now that the tourist season is ending, I am sure there are plenty of youngsters with time of their hands who would be more than grateful to earn a few extra euros delivering those sacks for Nicki and Carlo. That last (yet another) pair of sunglasses that she bought would probably have paid for the labour......... and all the pellets too :ROFLMAO:
Yes, the new voiceover sounds less exasperated. Note that she's now saying "we" bought a house. Says she'll be furnishing it with flea market finds in Tuscany, next shot they're off to a big shopping centre to look at new stuff. Furtively filming in the furntiure store when clearly they're not allowed to, more of her usual entitlement. She thinks an Eu400 arm chair is not too expensive, a hint to get the Patreon cash rolling in. In the shopping centre she goes to the MAC store, how long until the new item gets manky in her scuzzy kit.

Says she didn't want to use the donkeys to deliver the heating pellets down the steps. This approach is a double flex; Nicki shows her kindness saying she feels sorry for them (despite using the animals in the past) and they can emphasise their hard working simple life, lugging and staking the sacks.
It’s always ‘my’ house every time not our house , anyone else noticed ?

Every time I saw her spread that hideous salmon pink paint on more and more walls I wanted to groan. That, combined with the absolutely battered furniture in all different kinds of wood stains and styles... she just has absolutely no taste. I'm sure she thinks it gives effortlessly carefree, heirloom , old money mansion style living - to me it gives 1980's bargain basement.

• Haha

Definitely Maybe

VIP Member
I think that Nicki posted something along the lines of 'the tortoises have gone to their new home' so I wondered if they've gone to new owners ?

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
Welcome Clovis.

Lots of us here used to watch the vlogs for the reason you state; there is no doubt they live in a lovely place and the gardening and location content is interesting to many, and, yes, her approach used to seem less snippy.

Like many vloggers she has become increasingly commercial and developed a big ego; she doesn't like this being pointed out as it shatters the illusion of her and Carlo as simple living folk who like sharing amateur footage of their daily life. She proudly states that she doesn't do ads on the channel, but is not so keen to flex that she earns direct cash via Patreon (she has over 400 payers), as well as earning Youtube ad revenue due to the large numbers of watchers on her channel. She asked for Patreon support when she'd missed out on wedding makeup bookings due to Covid - but around the same time revealed that she outright owned a flat in London. As they live in a family property and grow most of their food one would presume she wasn't about to starve so it didn't go down well. These vloggers and influencers get very used to their weird fans showering them with non-stop love and compliments and don't take well to any other views.
It's sad isn't it, basically all influencers seem to go down the same route of feeling like they deserve money for nothing. Appealing go people for money when millions of people were in a crisis and she had a daughter in boarding school, a rented property and a house she doesn't pay rent for was just ridiculous

• Heart

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Latest story shows they got back for the kitchen. I was under the impression it was finished and ready to be installed hence mentioning (during the "sad news" vlog) the need to rush back to Tuscany. But they simply visited the carpenter's workshop. And, tellingly, she called it "my kitchen" even though Carlo was there with her.

• Wow

Turaj

VIP Member
5/26 new video. Starts out with an extremely snarky situation with Carlo..more mocking of the comments from followers and TL.
They just keep buying more and more ugly heavy wood items and the place in instead of looking calm is really chaotic with so much
different wood. I can't stand the look.
The one interesting thing of note for this week is they actually went out with that real estate agent to video his listing and give a tour. Anyone with half a brain knows that is their way of trying to get in the Tuscan real estate business and they will get a nice % when it sells. I expect more when they get back to Tuscany. All they do is shop....eat..,.and paint. Carlo does nice work but that stuff that Nicki buys is ugly.

• Heart

Miss LDN

VIP Member
What went down with the people she bought the house from? Every vlog throwing at shade at them, and rolling her eyes. If they have taken vital stuff then that's bad. But if there's bad feeling it's dumb airing it public. Wonder if they watch her.
Then there's the moan about the toy shop. So stroppy.
Please stop her painting the chairs. Everything is such a mish mash. I would not have invited guest's there. It needs some real work doing on it. Proper builder's. Carlo is just a handyman.

• Haha
  • Heart

Turaj

VIP Member
On Instagram this morning, she asks people to help her choose her new glasses and proceeds with pictures of herself in three choices.

I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole! She's bound to come out and chastise everyone for......giving their opinion! She'll say "they're my glasses and I get to choose."
Sort of sad to watch a 50 year old woman revert back to a 20 something girl doing these kind of videos. She used to be interesting but without Positano and Carlo is left with very little content. Seems spending money is high priority now and her personal maintenance. Can't seem to do any of these things in Italy?

• Heart
Everyone has already said anything I thought about the recent video, but I will say this.

When they look back at their life in a few years, I think they will regret wasting so much time recording lives that would be infinitely better if they put the camera down and lived it.

• Heart