Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

dressagediva

It'll be interesting to see a) whether anyone else actually buys it and b) how she'll react to the inevitable 1* reviews if they do.

• Haha
Reactions: 4

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
I sure feel for her brother Martin. It sort of sounds like some sort of Nasal procedure that had some awful results....don't know if it was botched or what. Hope his rehab helps...he before and after photos really tell a sad story.
Thanks for mentioning this @Turaj. I agree, how very sad for her brother Martin, he seems like a fantatic fellow and appears to be in very good spirits considering the life changing inpact of what he is going through. It's nice that he and their father can look forward to a trip to the Tuscan location not having to deal with the Positano step access issues.

• Heart

dressagediva

Her taste is far from similar to mine, so I knew I wouldn't like the kitchen. I do like the pinky plaster colour, but not how they have styled it. Bizarre decisions all round.

londongirl2001

VIP Member
The truncated part of her Patreon post visible as a non payer said something like "my dad had to go for a s". I'm guessing the word was scan, unless it was swim, or sh*t.

I expect that having a 'proper' reason for travelling back to England she'll be more open about her trips there, as opposed to her usual monthly two-week Surrey stays that she kept under the radar.
Monthly?!

• Wow

emm

VIP Member
I’ve just watched her IG stories from today. I’m sorry, I usually try not to be this harsh, but her tone and mannerisms were absolutely slap-worthy. Just turn off your Instagram messages, you cow.
Agreed, I'd she's asked that so many times surely put together a reel or something saved. She has so much contempt.for her followers it I insane. Does she work as a makeup artist anymore? I would have thought she'd have some weddings by now

emm

VIP Member
3ssssssssssssssssssssssssß
I agree with you @M&MsMom about Carlos' parents being stuck within the confines of their property. It's not nice that they can't get out, although they do have the incredible view which would lessen the claustrophobia I suppose and, as you say, they are lucky to have family to deliver whatever they need. I wonder which family members will move in when the sad day comes that neither of Carlos' two dear parents are around.
OK, so this week they were supposed to upload the vlog that didn't go up last week due to them (supposedly) "forgetting to add the subtitles", although it was suspected she actually wanted to re-edit the whole thing after realising (thanks to Tattle) that it came off as entitled whining about the stress of buying a house in Tuscany.

Well, well. That vlog ended up not appearing at all today, presumably she couldn't edit hard enough to get rid of the "poor me" vibes.

So back to the fail safe "we're just simple folk" performance: a local bean sagra, Nicki making dog food, picking squash, showing their messy house and cleaning the mezzanine for her friend Dave visiting.

She also inserted the weird cellulite clip from Insta, all to make herself relatable to her middle aged followers.

Plus a Patreon plug, old photos of her and the family being the lure.
More and more she just reminds me of Kylie flavell

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
I don't think she has fashion sense per se, it's more a case of clothes. They're just clothes.
I actually don't mind that about her, Positano is so full of people being photographed in their 'fits she'd be just another poser going for the Dolce Vita vibe for their socials. And knocking around in Betty Basic gear plays towards her authenticity as local. I don't believe much of her presentation is accidental though, for example she always has a full face of makeup so presumably never films if she's bare-faced.

• Heart
The way she's going about this is just nonsensical. You have just purchased an old house in need of a really good sprucing up, with leaks and mould. Before you even THINK about curtains and soft furnishings, you strip everything down, fix the leaks, remove the mould, and repaint with anti-mould primer. It's common sense, and almost impossible to do once all your furniture is in. Even if you've never bought a home, surely that thought would come to you.

It really reminds me of The Chateau Diaries - another rather arrogant couple who think nobody in the world has considered buying a dilapidated house/mansion in the middle of the European countryside. None of them seem to understand that these houses are so dirt cheap because the cost of fixing them is more than what they would ever sell for, even done up nicely. That's why people aren't rushing to buy them. But no, of course, they're creative visionaries. The reality is Nicki, your haphazard and dated idea of renovation is going to burn a huge financial hole in your pocket when you realise this fixer-upper isn't going to sell for much more than you paid, regardless of all the tat and cheap paint you covered it in.

And like @Sabbie said, it's completely inappropriate for retirement...and I'm sure while Nicki wants to pretend she's 21, she most certainly isn't and should be thinking about these things.

I used to watched her during pandemic and her videos were truly a relaxing escape from reality. I am not surprised that Nicki Positano has a Tattle thread 🤣🤣. She turned into an annoying-bitter-getting older Brit woman.

I re-watched her old videos and found this:

which explains how she views Positano all her life and it doesn't change. - imagine she's been living there for so long and she hates it.

• Heart
  • Sad

londongirl2001

VIP Member
I don't remember that but maybe..not sure if for Easter ? They are in the middle of so much in Tuscany I sort of thought they would be there for more time before returning. It all looks like way too much work to me!!
I think she mentioned it once or twice on insta stories. I think the plan was to go back in March and stay there until the summer season (and heat) begins. She knows that many of her viewers want Positano content so I guess that’s the main reason she goes back.

• Heart

Definitely Maybe

VIP Member
I watched a film on Netflix last night, and at the end a trailer came on for a film with Benicio Del Toro and he looks just like Carlo !

• Haha

Libbub

VIP Member
No mention of the huge bush fire that happened in Praiano which is a stones throw from them. Elizabeth posted about it and how her husband was out the entire night fighting the fire and making sure people and animals were safe. Her child has been sick today from the worry of it all. Yet Nicki hasn't mentioned one little thing about it.

• Wow

Turaj

VIP Member
Sorry for quoting myself - I wanted to correct my post.

I watched Elisabeth's vlog and her daughter's First Holy Communion is not this weekend, but next weekend! And let me take this opportunity to say that Elisabeth's vlogs are not stellar!
She is featuring her young daughters in each video and that is not "stellar"!!!
---
I watch now on Sundays not as before to enjoy an escape to a beautiful spot but more to see how closely Nicki is reading TL and other comments. Clearly her treatment of Carlo is top of mind to most watching the channel these days...last time her friend Celine went too far and now I watch just to see how she tries to dial back on these comments.

• Heart

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Thanks for the review @T Rex

I'm not surprised about the book being full of grammatical errors, you only have to see the sloppy English subtitles on her vlogs.

She'd had the book on her laptop for years apparently but got back to working on it during Covid to knock it out. It says alot about her audience that none of the followers who were asked to read it before it was 'published' picked up on what seem to be glaring errors.

To not have it proofread or edited demonstrates that she really mustn't care that she's selling such a poorly presented work, I suppose she simply CBA making it any better than it needed to be.

@T Rex do you mind giving a brief outline of the plot? It could go behind a spoiler.

• Heart

CocktailGirl

"We can't keep saying 'We're going to OUR house in Tuscany', we've gotta come up with a name for it". :rolleyes:

You just know she's dying to play the lady of the manor 🤪

Meanwhile she's busy getting Carlo up a ladder, planning all the work he will carry out on the property in HER name, him with no claim on the property or security of tenure.
Yeah, Carlo was just standing around taking orders from her - what she wants, how she wants it, where she wants it. You are right, she is already acting as the boss and he is just the handyman.

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Latest vlog is so dreary. It was billed as "swimming to England", stopping each day of the road trip at a non-sea bathing spot. Except she was scared to do it, or it was too cold, or Carlo was ill, so only managed it a couple of times.

I suspect she knows wild swimming is a popular pursuit of middle-aged, middle-class women so chose it as a theme. These would be just the types she'd d hope to attract as subscribers and eventual Patrons.

• Haha

londongirl2001

VIP Member
So when were these vlogs filmed, do you think? If they’re returning to Positano next month, they must be further ahead in the renovation than the recent vlogs. I can’t imagine Carlo wanting to leave the place in such a state. I don’t know if they come back to Tuscany in the summer, but I think they don’t want to do the heaviest of works during those months.

emm

VIP Member
This evening's vlog is 100% a Tattle press conference:
shots of her wiping and hoovering the 2nd hand furniture, after comments here about the general mankiness;
her using a power tool to flex her DIY skills, to show she can do more than slop on paint;
letting us know the ill-proportioned dirty cream fabric sofas are temporary until others are delivered;
landowner Nicki allowing Carlo to believe he can drive around "his land" 😂 (after our comments that he is resident there at her whim as she was the sole signatory to the property and they aren't married);
the bedroom with the view is no longer called "Skye's bedroom" but is a room that might be used by "other guests" (however I bet Tommaso will be in that box room with the air hole in the ceiling);
needing another car in case Carlo has to go back to Positano (this is a Patreon beg).
Great summary and good to know she is paying so much attention here 🤣 should we do a weekly paot of issues we have that we want her to address for next week?🤣

• Haha

Turaj

VIP Member
Also in the IG clip shopping she is looking at 100% cotton fabrics that look like something for indoor use. I am sure they would rot outside with the rain etc. Nothing this YTuber does makes any sense.

• Heart
  • Haha

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Seems to me yesterday's vlog was a bit of a Tattle press conference. Announced that they don't refer to various stories in the news, eg the floods in Italy, as their vlogs are escapism for viewers. A very disingenous defence, criticism was that the entire theme of their previous vlog was how the rains affected them - poor things had nothing to film and wet bored tourists were everywhere. So completely tone deaf as that week's topic. Plus they patronisingly and sarcastically advise that there are many mainstream news outlets one can get news if needed. :rolleyes:

She's desperately trying to reel things back, pointing out their original intention was just to show their lives, keeping it real with yard work and lots of picking veggies, a rare lunch on the beach on a day with no work commitments - not so hard for pensioner Carlo.