Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hashtagmytruth

Zazi plays is all ads but she’s sneaky about it saying “link on my website” but it’s lots of gifted stuff or affiliate codes etc. she started off with some great ideas but now seems to think she is the ultimate parenting expert. I don’t believe she’s even been a slt for very long but talks like she’s done it for 67 years. And it’s all reels these days.

Simone is the absolute worst. I asked her why she doesn’t keep her bags in their dust bags / boxes and I was blocked 😂 obviously all fakes or she wouldn’t be so offended lol. Her scamming money from womens refuge and paying big money for a lawyer to make it go away just sums her up 🤮

Reactions: 12

Peaches87

Never forced it on anyone? Telling people that swimming lessons are a basic right and all infants and children should be having lessons isn’t forcing anyone, no your right, but certainly is preachy and judgy and makes those who may not be able to afford it, or get there with other children etc. feel guilty.

Same with the rant about the plastic toys, and her parents buying him noisy plastic toys and all her eye rolls and tutting about sensory overload and you don’t have to “educate them with plastic” ra ra ra… it’s unnecessary, it’s rude, and yes it’s your opinion and your style of parenting , but don’t passively make others feel shite, there ways of putting your point across without passively putting others down at the same time!
Why the need to “educate” people?! She’s an advertisement not a well child nurse.
Being able to take your child to swimming lessons is actually a privelage, there are many families that cannot afford to do this especially once the maternity leave payments stop. There is nothing wrong with plastic noisy toys! Kids love them, they find all those colours and noises fascinating and can keep them entertained for awhile. Again for some parents all they can afford are hand me down noisy plastic toys, they don't have the money to buy Navy Baby play sets. Some of those beige looking toys people buy these days are so ridiculously expensive. It is a shame her account has become so mum focused now and yes that is all her life is about right now but then maybe just take a step back from the gram. Anyone who hasn't followed her before would think that she has been a parent for years with 4 kids.

• Heart
Thoughts on Talz Life?
She was posting stories of her driving around with her kid in the front seat of her van, filming herself talking, not even on hands free. I'll attach screenshots, but TL;DR she went on to tell me she has also driven with him while drinking, then proceeded to rant on stories about it, tried to justify it a bit, we ended up talking on a video call and coming to an understanding and she seemed like and alright chick. Then she started posting about it some more and made a poll of "have you ever used your phone while driving?" Which I thought was fucking stupid, it wound me up and I messaged her until she blocked me lmao x

Attachments

• Wow
Nadia Lim ...

After that bozo insulted her (the DGL chap), I was astonished to hear (on Newstalk ZB - Heather's show, where she has a panel discussing stuff), someone say that she doesn't deserve to be a judge of the revamped Masterchef airing soon on 3! When Heather and the other panelist (who worked in PR, I think?) expressed horror in what he'd said, he didn't back down ... he said sure, she might have won one of the earlier series but what does she know about cooking.

I cannot believe the beat-up she is receiving. I think she was a nutritionist before she went on Masterchef, and then there's My Food Bag, which she played an integral part in (as co-founder and now brand ambassador - think she might have sold her shares).

From where I stand, she seems a nice enough lady and has obviously done very well; I don't understand why she's triggering all these middle-aged men!

I love Chelsea Winter. I went to a couple of her demos and she is just lovely - very genuine and exactly what you see on TV. I wonder what these middle-aged men think of her? (She's arguably just as successful, although has gone down a different route with her kitchenware, books and demonstrations).
I love Nadia Lim - she actually knows what she is talking about and she has stayed super humble. I’m looking forward to seeing her as a judge on MasterChef. Chelsea Winter however has completely forgotten where she came from and how she got so famous now that she’s gone all anti vax and vegan - most probably to do with her new hippie husband 😂 she removed all photos of her meat friendly recipes off her website and won’t allow people to share photos of their attempts at her recipes on her Facebook anymore because she wants to pretend that she was always vegan! I like to follow Vanya on VJ Cooks now - she makes great recipes and is quite likeable

• Wow

Lacey911

Some of these "influencers" who felt attacked should really thank us for our honesty I'm noticing one I called out last week Danni Duncan is trying to create some new content and trying to relate more to people not just to going on and on about being in her 40s and childless.

biscotti22

The excess and waste is so gross. How are they not embarrassed by it when so many families are struggling at the moment and they’re taking everything they can get when they don’t need it. Puts me off buying from the brands they promote, I know it’s their way of advertising and they aren’t charities but it’s getting too much

deuxnzmoi

Love Brodie Kane, met her a few years back and did lines with her in the bathroom 😂 so down to earth and just proved how common party drugs are with the influencer/celebs lol

• Haha
  • Wow

zeroeffstogive

Such problematic content. Gardening is awful & even worse a tin bucket. Definitely needs to be called out. Horrendous you are right.

I think her response seemed very fair. She parents her own way & has never forced it on anyone. She is allowed to share her own style. Like she said doesn’t mean you have to follow it.
Never forced it on anyone? Telling people that swimming lessons are a basic right and all infants and children should be having lessons isn’t forcing anyone, no your right, but certainly is preachy and judgy and makes those who may not be able to afford it, or get there with other children etc. feel guilty.

Same with the rant about the plastic toys, and her parents buying him noisy plastic toys and all her eye rolls and tutting about sensory overload and you don’t have to “educate them with plastic” ra ra ra… it’s unnecessary, it’s rude, and yes it’s your opinion and your style of parenting , but don’t passively make others feel shite, there ways of putting your point across without passively putting others down at the same time!
Why the need to “educate” people?! She’s an advertisement not a well child nurse.

nzbee

I like Carmen Lett. But the whole we saved really really hard this year for a 100k pool. Yeah ok. That’s someone’s yearly income to survive on, not to mention all her renos. Too flashy my Cashy vibes.
This was actually why I unfollowed. I struggled with the being really broke stories not that long before.. and the midwives aren’t paid enough (I agree that the pay structure is unfair and should be looked at) but don’t talk about that for months and then suddenly have a pool and say “we saved really hard this year for it..”
Good on them for working hard and being able to do it - but I just couldn’t deal with the 2 stories of broke, underpaid and oh look at our new pool!

Kiwigem

Chatty Member
Naw look at the little tantrum because the truth hurts I guess 🤷 She literally can't hack anything unless it's kissing her incredible ass. How's she going to sell all those Thermy's without ripping off and using her followers.
She’ll pop back up with a thermomix selling page, without splashing her kids all over the place. No way is she disappearing from sm.

I don’t get why they get so upset, it was one person that said something and then a lot more people explaining Renee’s drive and coming to her defence…? If they get so upset at people questioning things DON’T share your FIVE minutes online.
Renee I don’t think is taking any offence to the comments made. Actually having a big more of a laugh than anything else. Long time follower and she’s so refreshing. Her sense of humour is 👌

• Haha

tryharder

VIP Member
Yea I honestly find that so bizarre! Like she hadon’t even had the French bulldog for very long and now she’s just buggered off with her new bf? After the huge drama she had in even getting Maui here from Greece - but heaven help anyone that asks a question about them cause she shuts that shit down immediately with some rude and sassy response!
She gave her mum the two dogs she had with Connor. One is still with the mum - Bear. Then she got the sausage dog (Mouse) and gave that away. Miko (?) died suddenly in Greece. Then she brought Maui home from Greece and told us he was like her child and it was so hard being without him while she waited for him to arrive. She got meadow the puppy and had her less than a year before she’s ditched both remaining dogs. The mum seems to have Maui. Who knows where meadow ended up. So by my count that is five dogs she has given up. So awful. Stop buying animals.

• Sad
  • Wow
Ah yes. 16 extra sachets of #spon lemon and lime juice, stored neatly away in a #spon storage basket because the perfectly arranged fridge is just too overstuffed with #spon groceries to fit them in.

Such relatable. Much content.
Ah yes, and *checks Countdown website* thats $94.40 worth of lemon and lime juice. Just, hanging out on your shelves.

#outoftouch

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 11

Simone15

VIP Member
Oh Skete, you should be flattered.
You have a fangirl.
Isn't this what you wanted.. Attention?
Don’t worry we are not interested anymore 🥱

• Haha
At first I was like “wow Simone is finally commenting a bunch today after days of just lurking and reading.

And then it clicked, it’s Tuesday, and Asher’s at daycare! Of course she has more time to comment!
How’s the “research on all the other influencers so you can have an opinion about them” going @tryhards ?

• Haha

zeroeffstogive

No disrespect was meant to Paige or the Family, I just simply said she is a genuine follow after the suicide (and not a single detail was spoken of) of her husband, it’s been all over the media so didn’t realise it wasn’t to be spoken about. Sincere apologies.
I don’t agree with this thread where it bags peoples appearance etc, but I think a lot of these influencers should be held accountable for shitty actions. However, Paige as an influencer is NOT one of them and Is a beautiful soul.

• Heart
We need to start a thread about products promoted on instagram ghat we have been influenced into THAT DONT FCKING work. I’ll start:
White teeth co - doesn’t work!
Dyson- piece of shit that doesn’t keep its charge
Eedni body -worst I’ve tried
Aimin - such uncomfortable tights, Lorna Jane are like butter compared to them so soft and cozy

anonanonz

Chatty Member
Pretty disappointed with how Skete turned out. No one wants to be a bully. But holy shit some of these IG influences could do with a couple serves of humble pie 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
Unfortunately I think what happened with Makaia Carr/Pebbles Hooper scared her off. I get it who wants to be sued by Simone Anderson lol. Would love to hear more about it from Makaia though lol.

Like with Bets tho, I fully agree with Pebbles, the stuff she was posting about her son makes me sick, terrible parent. Imagine what she’s like behind scenes if she’s willing to so easily mock her kid on camera.

She has her faults absolutely but a lot of stuff Pebbles said was the truth.

• Heart