Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Anyone just see Real Life Wife’s story about the forum? Shit she’s great.
I did see it and it was a great response!

She said she had no problem with the page - equivalent of having your mates around and having a gossip session and this just provides a space to do that. Also said she won't read it often but will pop on now and again for a reality check (or something to that effect).

But she has taken the story down now 😭 I think the influencers got to her and had a cry and said they have hurt feelings etc etc. So she has taken it so she isn't held responsible for sending people here.

As long as people here keep the comments to calling them out on their behaviour (and not commenting on their appearances or giving away private information) then they should all come here to read the comments on themselves. Rather than getting all defensive and calling everyone jealous 🤦, and just have a check in on how they are being perceived and adjust behaviour if necessary.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Lovefromyourdads (Mark & Christian) - I really wanted to like these guys but shit, 90% of their content are ads. Do they turn any free things down? They are clearly very well off, so why do they need all this free crap?

It was very cute when they started the account, writing letters to their son and their journey is really interesting. But now those "letters" are all ads. How weird is that going to be reading that in the future wondering why your Dads wrote a letter to you about how to save money with powershop and the Mother's Day range at Countdown?

I assume they are so deep in the influencer community (obviously needing them as well for their own brand they have) they just can't get out now.

• Haha

kiwimumof3

You know, Skete had me interested for about a day. Then she suddenly backpedaled claiming she was risking losing her page and now I don't feel like it's going anywhere

Sera Lilly I find so gross - not a boss babe like she thinks. She has her fingers in way to many pies and you can’t tell me she’s not copying other people along the way

Influenza6545

First time posting but I was shocked no one discussed this. I'm not out here to be mean but Sera Lille or whatever her name is. Maybe a week ago she was talking on her Friday Flamingo account about "other" plus size nz brands and COMPLETELY crapping on them. It was ironic and ignorant because in the same breath she was saying "why can't we all just lift each other up and support each other". I think she was talking about Isla Maree who's owner appears far more professional. Sera was so rude saying they steal her designs and that she is the only one with a fashion back ground etc. like a full on few minutes shitting on them but then saying let's support each other.
it's a shame really, I use to love Friday Flamingo about a year ish ago. Now I am hard pressed to find any pieces I actually like. I'll keep following though and hope she listens to her customers because there are really hardly any other options. Although, I do like IslaMaree, I've had their stuff and it's cute and cheaper.

i actually really miss Stacey Walsh's account, I really liked her content.

One last note, I remember years ago on a forum that people were shitting on Rebecca keil for having a messy house. But now it's the same thing people celebrate her for. I personally have always liked her. I just think it's crazy how the things people (us) use to criticise are now what people seek out because they want the realness and no fake fronts.
Omg Sera lillie is SO problematic! She got in trouble for selling skinny tea that contained senna leaf even after being told off by MPI not to mention how problematic skinny teas are themselves! She also seems like a really horrible person. She also purchased a bunch of domain names that had nothing to do with her just to prevent other influencers using them one of them was Millie elders business name and one was makaia cards business name. So shady

Reactions: 15
Lol, Simone trying the classic “my haters, they just need to unfollow me, I like myself, and that’s all that matters.”

Sorry love, but you have an enormous following, and that means that your behavior has an outsize influence on many of the people who watch your stories and consume the life that you portray.

“What matters most, at the end of the day, is if you like yourself.”

Lol. That’s the most useless quote ever. That describes a way of living that is entirely self-oriented and avoids accountability. Maybe what matters most, at the end of the day, is if you are good, and what you are doing is good for others.

Sure, you can be a part of perpetuating a wasteful consumption mode of living for impressionable women who follow you, you can portray crazy unrealistic standards of purchasing (because you aren’t actually declaring what you really spend) causing others to feel they need to “keep up” in order to be a good mother, you can portray completely unrealistic standards of appearance because you always have 3 hours a day for your free f45 and endless sponsored beauty regimes from professionals, you can look like the “perfect mother” who also manages 3 businesses because you hide the fact that you have paid care for your son.

BUT AS LONG AS YOU LIKE YOURSELF nothing else matters?
Just a small addition to this, perhaps just liking yourself would be fine if you were a normal person who wasn’t seeking a massive audience and to literally “influence” the behavior and lifestyles of others AS YOUR JOB. However, when you actively promote the minutiae of your daily life for consumption by others and charge businesses to promote their products to the audience that your curated and protected life attracts, you can expect some people to pay attention and ask questions about how healthy it is for others.

Like it or not, your public presence is an advertisement (which is what you’ve created and sought) and therefore your Instagram presence actually deserves the scrutiny we apply to other forms of advertising.

I love when they post “Apparently I’m shadowbanned. Make sure you go and like and comment on a bunch of my posts to help out! I know I’m not shadowbanned for everyone”
Thats…. That’s not how it works. You’re literally just begging for engagement. Stop.

• Haha

Effluencer

And surely no one is actually asking where her outfits are from?! Possibly more of a ploy to try and tag different activewear brands in hope they’ll send her free clothing. I remember when Shayden used to say shit about other influencers and now he’s complaining that the public are gossiping about him. And how is this forum going to make people want to break into there house over any other house. They’re not celebrities people are trying to stalk.
I remember when he said that activewear brands shouldn't gift their clothes to plus size people who don't even go to the gym 🙄 Because obviously only skinny influencers who go to F45 can wear activewear.

• Wow
  • Angry
Lol, Simone trying the classic “my haters, they just need to unfollow me, I like myself, and that’s all that matters.”

Sorry love, but you have an enormous following, and that means that your behavior has an outsize influence on many of the people who watch your stories and consume the life that you portray.

“What matters most, at the end of the day, is if you like yourself.”

Lol. That’s the most useless quote ever. That describes a way of living that is entirely self-oriented and avoids accountability. Maybe what matters most, at the end of the day, is if you are good, and what you are doing is good for others.

Sure, you can be a part of perpetuating a wasteful consumption mode of living for impressionable women who follow you, you can portray crazy unrealistic standards of purchasing (because you aren’t actually declaring what you really spend) causing others to feel they need to “keep up” in order to be a good mother, you can portray completely unrealistic standards of appearance because you always have 3 hours a day for your free f45 and endless sponsored beauty regimes from professionals, you can look like the “perfect mother” who also manages 3 businesses because you hide the fact that you have paid care for your son.

BUT AS LONG AS YOU LIKE YOURSELF nothing else matters?

snarkersusie

VIP Member
I don’t know who he is but like most influencers I am guessing anything that isn’t remotely positive that’s posted is “bullying”

Like I could literally say, actually HelloFresh isn’t that great and the quality of their produce has really declined of late and someone who promotes it would probably call me a bully. Don’t even start me on my opinions about the Dyson, I don’t want to be taken to court…

• Haha

zeroeffstogive

Kate your Mate, ugh, she used to take the PISS out of “Mom Influencers” made a drawing taking the piss and that’s how she got her following, now she’s a lecturey fake like Simone, and a horrid “Mom Influencer” hypocrite!
And Ellies Belly, has a mug with 6TBSP milo and 4 of sugar, eats a million tonnes of shit then can’t understand why she gets Migraines and the shits, farrrkkkk but don’t judge me on the “5 mins of my life you see” 🙄🙄 🤦‍♀️🤣🤣🤣🤣 these people are idiots

• Haha

peekaboo1

I feel like Simone is the 2022 version of Susanne Paul. It’s just how marketing and media work these days. I guess back in the day if you didn’t want to watch an infomercial you changed the channel and that’s fine. But then also, these people aren’t just presenting a single product but a lifestyle. I’m totally showing my age with the Susanne Paul analogy. And with that age I can pick the good from each of them and leave the ridiculous. But I do feel for younger parents these days and utter encouragement to consume product when the cost of living is so high. Actually, I rate Kate with her realness that yep, have some cute kid stuff but basic is good too. Like I say, take the good…ditch the rest and try and see through the fake (87.3%).

• Haha
And she turned Pink Shirt Day into an ad it says a lot about how they never listen to anyone unless they’re saying how great they are it’s all about them all the time never listen to anyone unless they’re saying how amazing they are all the time 24-7 constantly assuming theyre perfect
I saw her grid post that basically everyone here is sad and unhappy and has low self esteem or stress and that no one here can be happy confident or secure people.

I actually don’t even know who this lady is ahaha but I do know that the influencers who I don’t like their content, it’s simply that I don’t like their content. I’m allowed to be objective. I don’t have to like everything. That doesn’t mean I have low self esteem or am unhappy.

Simone is reading! As soon as someone mentioned Asher was in daycare today she posted a pic of him - we want time stamps next time Simone babes!

• Haha