New Zealand Influencers #48

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who cares… they’re all still having fun. My boy the same age loves colouring so I would’ve done the house thing too. Nothing wrong with it at that age…
I think there are better things to criticise, Elle is a great mum and doing the best she can.
Have you seen other mothers who neglect their kids?
I would completely disagree that she's doing the best she can. Those kids literally can't have a day without screen and they are not even 2. They take them to daycare, to Disney and out and about in the stroller. That's not doing the best you can, that's being bleeping lazy

• Heart
Reactions: 26
If the wording was ‘winner chosen at random’ then 100%. If it just says winner chosen on x date, then they probably already had their winners picked before even launching the competition. It’s all a scam and I feel sorry for people who enter these competitions who think they have a genuine chance of winning.
Yip I’ve given up entering. There was one Dimples ran a few months ago to win a Nuna travel pram. The prize just so happened to go to a smaller influencer who had a trip to Japan with her baby on the cards. How convenient that it went to someone who could then show it off in action and had received gifted stuff from them before……Also never forget when Erin Simpson won that shoe giveaway Simone did.

• Angry
Reactions: 13
Yip I’ve given up entering. There was one Dimples ran a few months ago to win a Nuna travel pram. The prize just so happened to go to a smaller influencer who had a trip to Japan with her baby on the cards. How convenient that it went to someone who could then show it off in action and had received gifted stuff from them before……Also never forget when Erin Simpson won that shoe giveaway Simone did.
And Jess Durling won a chair worth 10k from a remix magazine giveaway....I don't even bother entering comps because I have a private account with less than 100 people following it, theres no way I'd win. They can show it being "randomly" drawn but really, nothing is stopping them from drawing until someone with a decent following wins and declaring them the winner.

Reactions: 12
Yep winner announced on x date.
It just looks soooo suss when yeah three of them are people have done ad work,(even if it was like 2 years ago) or have won giveaways before.
You could maybe complain to the commerce commission but not sure what they would do?
The competitions, giveaway and the likes are just circle jerks for big and small influencers

Reactions: 4
I would completely disagree that she's doing the best she can. Those kids literally can't have a day without screen and they are not even 2. They take them to daycare, to Disney and out and about in the stroller. That's not doing the best you can, that's being bleeping lazy
Not to mention a phone in their faces 24/7, yeah great parenting...NOT.

Maybe there's a reason why the little guy is always crying, he constantly has a dummy in his gob so a great Mum would be trying to figure out what's happening for her boy :cry:

Reactions: 10
I think Elle mentioned he still has problems with his ears. She definitely has no problem taking them to a doctor or after hours with a Youtube video called "how to survive after hours."
A friend saw her in a Crhristchurch after hours with a whole tripod camera set up to film the twinkies.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
I think I'm fairly noted in my criticism of LFYDs, but just because he advocates for people learning te reo Māori etc doesn't mean he has to share/practice all Māori beliefs about everything. I love that people are learning te reo and seeing it for the taonga that it is, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to start pretending to believe in every bit of tikanga Māori. I'm NZ European, and I don't care about people who are fully clothed leaning against or sitting on a table (particularly on outdoor picnic table that birds tit on) and I am happy for my children to play with food etc etc.

I feel like we've got to a point in NZ where just because people are now aware of some aspects of tikanga has made people feel like everyone who lives in New Zealand is bound to behave in accordance with Māori tikanga at all times, even when there's nobody with any Māori whakapapa around.

Sorry hun, my house, my rules. Tikanga is a set of beliefs, and I don't share those beliefs, so I am not bound by them. I will respect others who have/live by those beliefs when I am in their spaces, but their beliefs don't override my right/ability to decide what's real and what's good for me and my family.

Who cares… they’re all still having fun. My boy the same age loves colouring so I would’ve done the house thing too. Nothing wrong with it at that age…
I think there are better things to criticise, Elle is a great mum and doing the best she can.
Lol they weren't having fun. Elle was literally ssshing the boy as he was screaming.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I think I'm fairly noted in my criticism of LFYDs, but just because he advocates for people learning te reo Māori etc doesn't mean he has to share/practice all Māori beliefs about everything. I love that people are learning te reo and seeing it for the taonga that it is, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to start pretending to believe in every bit of tikanga Māori. I'm NZ European, and I don't care about people who are fully clothed leaning against or sitting on a table (particularly on outdoor picnic table that birds tit on) and I am happy for my children to play with food etc etc.

I feel like we've got to a point in NZ where just because people are now aware of some aspects of tikanga has made people feel like everyone who lives in New Zealand is bound to behave in accordance with Māori tikanga at all times, even when there's nobody with any Māori whakapapa around.

Sorry hun, my house, my rules. Tikanga is a set of beliefs, and I don't share those beliefs, so I am not bound by them. I will respect others who have/live by those beliefs when I am in their spaces, but their beliefs don't override my right/ability to decide what's real and what's good for me and my family.

Wasn’t there an off shoot of this page for this kind of topic/discussion? Ughhh… can’t remember the name. Please help!

Reactions: 1
Lol they weren't having fun. Elle was literally ssshing the boy as he was screaming.
Was coming to say that. Elle doesn't seem to cope well when they have their melt downs. Hence they do a lot of practicing before they go out of into public. I honestly thought Ms Rachel was their new nanny the number of times she is mentioned.

And being in the position where, whilst trying to treat a patient and being told to wait whilst they recorded a piece explaining what was happening, and yes they'd set up their camera😡 the likes of Elle who does this in a public area, where people are at their most vulnerable, to film her children and herself for likes is not good parenting. It's just like Simone, selling your children when they are sick, sad or even injured is not what parenting should be about.

• Heart
Does Maria use a filter on her videos? Is it glitching above her eyebrows? I can’t make out what’s going on (referencing her latest Logitech Ad)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Does Maria use a filter on her videos? Is it glitching above her eyebrows? I can’t make out what’s going on (referencing her latest Logitech Ad)
She’s a heavy filter user. She’s got more lines and wrinkles than a shar pei. Really wish she would actually show them and stop hiding behind filters. Also agree with above comments earlier. She still acts like her children are toddlers and hasn’t moved on from her postnatal depression she had/is still living in the mindset her children are difficult babies.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
She’s a heavy filter user. She’s got more lines and wrinkles than a shar pei. Really wish she would actually show them and stop hiding behind filters. Also agree with above comments earlier. She still acts like her children are toddlers and hasn’t moved on from her postnatal depression she had/is still living in the mindset her children are difficult babies.
It’s weird she’s giving nappy advice when her kids are so old. Her info would be so out of date, the whole scene is different even from when I had my first kid a few years ago.

Reactions: 18
Imagine promoting your “professional product” from bed - looking like your high as a kite and liking your own content for engagement - Christ on a bike 🤣

How longs this venture going to be? 3 months? 6 months? Since giving up nails she's had 4 changes of what she's doing that I can remeber.. nothing lasts cause she's lazy

Reactions: 7
Why does Maria have to run to get her phone to show us some birds and her ad is so off putting I didn’t even watch I don’t know why the company wants her face on their brand
Elle Herself that was torturing to watch her try and force the kids to enjoy it, feels like it was all done for the gram and she didn’t actually want to do the stupid activity I would also cry if she was in my face like that telling me to colour she talks to them like how a mean teacher would talk to students
---
Tarryn stop fishing for companies to send you gifts go buy them yourself, your at home all day

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Yeah look babes I’m going to assume that you didn’t see the video where her son was literally crying while she shushed him and kept shoving the colouring in in his face saying “colour colour” in a hideous baby voice and trying to control every move.
Don’t worry though, I saved the video just so you could see how “fun” it was xx

I’ve talked before about my job on here and the things I’ve seen. So yes, in summary, I have actually seen mothers who neglect their kids. Good one 🙃

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Yeah look babes I’m going to assume that you didn’t see the video where her son was literally crying while she shushed him and kept shoving the colouring in in his face saying “colour colour” in a hideous baby voice and trying to control every move.
Don’t worry though, I saved the video just so you could see how “fun” it was xx

I’ve talked before about my job on here and the things I’ve seen. So yes, in summary, I have actually seen mothers who neglect their kids. Good one 🙃
That was so horrible to watch, even second time round. What is worse is Elle Dingwall, kept recording, didn't comfort him, and posted it on line😡

• Angry
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.