New Zealand Influencers #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also found it interesting that her GP made her wean off her Citalopram before going onto Venlafaxine as the guidelines say to stop taking your short-acting SSRI (which is what Citalopram is) and start taking the Venlafaxine the next day. Maybe her whole mental breakdown could have been avoided 🤷
There are actually a number of ways to switch anti-depressants & I’m sure her GP/MH team weighed up the pros/cons. A direct switch isn’t always the best option as you have mentioned.
It sounds like she has had a conservative/moderate switch (not sure as don’t really listen to MFM’s dribble). Or you can do a cross-taper switch.
If you are going from one SSRI to another then a direct switch might be a good option. But she’s gone from SSRI (cit) to a SNRI (ven). Anyway switching drugs can be a long and horrible process especially if you’ve been on them long term. I feel for anyone who ever has to go through it!

Reactions: 11
There are actually a number of ways to switch anti-depressants & I’m sure her GP/MH team weighed up the pros/cons. A direct switch isn’t always the best option as you have mentioned.
It sounds like she has had a conservative/moderate switch (not sure as don’t really listen to MFM’s dribble). Or you can do a cross-taper switch.
If you are going from one SSRI to another then a direct switch might be a good option. But she’s gone from SSRI (cit) to a SNRI (ven). Anyway switching drugs can be a long and horrible process especially if you’ve been on them long term. I feel for anyone who ever has to go through it!
I've switched SSRIs a couple of times before making the same switch as Maria from SSRI > SNRI which is why my first thought when I saw which drugs she was switching between was 'I wonder why her GP has done it that way' given what a bad place she was in at the time (well that's what her social media seemed to show). But, as you say, her GP must have weighed up the pros and cons for her.

Reactions: 7
Is it me or is Cherie not showing herself drowning the Italian food in her pepper and me products anymore 🤔

I enjoy a confirmation that influencers read here lol
Na I haven’t seen her do it much while overseas apart from when they were at the airport / in oz. She usually always does it in nz though. To be honest I don’t see a problem with it, it’s only a seasoning on top. I love man grind and like it on everything too lol . If I owned it and had free access to it I would probably carry some around too lol 😂. It’s no different to putting salt / pepper on food imo.

Reactions: 6
Curious to know what happened with Lisa no longer actively pushing thermomix? Sounded like drama? Also Lisa’s life long buddy Helen who was part of the group of wild mums who would go away together, seems like Lottie is the only one left standing

• Wow
Obviously not a fan of the Kiels but speaking from the industry it’s super common to film clients, especially since he’s new and will be wanting to get his name out before he leaves his family moves. More girls also opt for a PT too.

Reactions: 9
When I was growing up I remember my parents telling me it wasn't something you discussed, it was private who you voted for. A bit like how much you earned or weighed
Now people talk about it like it what they're having for lunch, no secrecy at all
Yes! I was always taught there are 3 topics you never talk about- sex, politics and religion.

Reactions: 4
Ol 'more money than style' bringing the Dahmer vibes 😳
Seriously, I've never seen her wear anything even half pie decent 🙃 she thinks she's such a style icon 🤣
---
Yes! I was always taught there are 3 topics you never talk about- sex, politics and religion.
Well nowadays we talk about butt plugs alongside chats about cooking and what our children are wearing, so I guess it's no wonder politics are also heavily discussed these days!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Amie Brodie on my local FB page - excusing teens for climbing all over new shade sails like they are simply entitled to wreck things because they are boys 🙄 her teen is well known as one of the trouble makers at the college and now not surprised why if this is his mum's values!
View attachment 2443064
Omg I would go off! The actual duck
---
I don’t think Elle realised that you can parent your kids without screens. Our kids are always our and about and we never did screens at the table (or anywhere) and have two prertt well behaved kids- they have their moments but the less screens the better developmentally. Kids need to play and be bored
God forbid the two kids, sorry twinkies, maybe, ya know, PLAY WITH EACH OTHER rather than watch a screen.

love some screentime but this is a joke at their age.
---
Omg my husband would not be ok if I read a bazillion books and lay around all day whilst he was working his ass off. Get a job. Leave the house and parent those kids!! How does she not feel guilty??
Even if he is okay… how could ‘you’ be okay in yourself knowing you don’t contribute ANYTHING to the house. Your kids aren’t babies that need tending too all day. There is no excuse.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Curious to know what happened with Lisa no longer actively pushing thermomix? Sounded like drama? Also Lisa’s life long buddy Helen who was part of the group of wild mums who would go away together, seems like Lottie is the only one left standing
Lottie was the only one I liked out of that odd group. I think she saw the light and maybe Hayes followed altho Hayes sometimes shares MFMs posts so maybe she just hasn’t seen her because she doesn’t got anywhere. I didn’t know there was drama with Helen to. But Lottie and Helen still talk they comment on each others posts. Not sure about her and Hayes tho.
What’s the thermomix drama? Maybe she just left when Simone joined 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I like Lottie. I just hope as her number grows she doesn’t become like them all. She talks the talk at the moment but let’s see how that goes. I don’t know how some people get jobs. They must have some good management working hard as some post get no comments or only comments from friends 🤣
I actually find a lot boring and self centred at the moment. They moan about the basic things but have no idea.

Reactions: 3
Why does MFM need to do that awful laugh as she speaks. It's horrible and 99% of the time she's laughing it's not something to laugh about.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
When I was growing up I remember my parents telling me it wasn't something you discussed, it was private who you voted for. A bit like how much you earned or weighed
Now people talk about it like it what they're having for lunch, no secrecy at all
Isn’t it actually against the law to say who you support if you’re in a position of influence? Remember the All Blacks being done for for it?

• Wow
Isn’t it actually against the law to say who you support if you’re in a position of influence? Remember the All Blacks being done for for it?
That was once voting had started.
There are rules about what you can put on social media on election day but that applies to everyone. It’s just that there has been more scrutiny on influencers etc.

Reactions: 7
Venlafaxine is awful to come off apparently, I wish I'd never started taking it as I wasn't told how bad the side effects are when reducing the dose, I don't think Maria would cope given how bad it was when she went off her SSRI

Long time reader small time commenter 🙋‍♀️😅
But i can also confirm this drug us horrific I watched a family member come of this and it was the worst thing ive ever witnessed also at time the hospital ward was full of people who had gone down the wrong road coming off it this was a year or 2 ago now when pharmac decide to change drugs when no one knew 💔

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Nah it's not. Only on election day where they have the restrictions that could influence people.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.