New Baby & Post Birth Off Topic #2 Ffs Matthew, Grow Some Breasts

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If someone told you they were just going upstairs to get changed how long would you expect that to take?

🤣🤣🤣

To be fair when I do that, I sit on the edge of the bed for an undetermined amount of time because it's the only time I get actual peace and quiet. When I snap out of my daydream, I slowly get dressed and return to the chaos. Reluctantly 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Ding ding ding ding ding! Somehow he has parented about a third of the time I have due to time on the toilet 🙄
We have one toilet and my toddler pretty much always needs the toilet when my husbands on it so he really helps hurry him off it 🤣 but my toddler always loves to take ages doing a 💩, he'd sit on the toilet for hours so is this just something they are born with?!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
My husband also spends an hour on the toilet about 3 times a day!! Why are they like this??

• Wow
We have one toilet and my toddler pretty much always needs the toilet when my husbands on it so he really helps hurry him off it 🤣 but my toddler always loves to take ages doing a 💩, he'd sit on the toilet for hours so is this just something they are born with?!
Learnt quite quickly when we had a one bedroom flat I could never ever live with him and one toilet ever again. Minimum two toilets is prerequisite on any house features - you can shove your Victorian fireplace, just give me at least two dunnies 🤣
---
Downstairs toilets and 💩 aren’t a good combination where males are concerned. From experience. 😂🙈
And they never spray air freshener afterwards? I open the window and spray some air freshener quite openly now - hoping he’ll catch the drift…

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Learnt quite quickly when we had a one bedroom flat I could never ever live with him and one toilet ever again. Minimum two toilets is prerequisite on any house features - you can shove your Victorian fireplace, just give me at least two dunnies 🤣
---

And they never spray air freshener afterwards? I open the window and spray some air freshener quite openly now - hoping he’ll catch the drift…
We had two in our first flat and it was the dream now we have just one and there's two extra little people 😭 to be fair the toddler also just pees in his play house out the back 😆 he also shouts in such a glasweigan accent "daddy that's stinkin!!" After he uses the toilet after hearing me say it once 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I really think that it should be law that if you’re on your second day of your period you get to cancel on people last minute and stay home in your pyjamas

• Heart
Reactions: 9
so tired, baby was up every 2 hours or so writhing around like he was uncomfortable then eventually he decided to get up at 5 very angry and has slept only 40 minutes since. he is currently screeching in his pram with the rockit on and i am on the verge of tears. happy monday!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
so tired, baby was up every 2 hours or so writhing around like he was uncomfortable then eventually he decided to get up at 5 very angry and has slept only 40 minutes since. he is currently screeching in his pram with the rockit on and i am on the verge of tears. happy monday!!!!
Kinda feel the same... Very unsettled baby last night and woke up a lot more than usual. Handed him off to my partner who is off work today at around 7am and no doubt be will be complaining how tired he is all night.
He also openly admitted that he doesn't want to change to formula as we're exclusively bf as he doesn't want to be involved in feeding. Well my friend I've frozen milk on the freezer that needs to be used so bottles will be introduced the lazy son of a witch

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Kinda feel the same... Very unsettled baby last night and woke up a lot more than usual. Handed him off to my partner who is off work today at around 7am and no doubt be will be complaining how tired he is all night.
He also openly admitted that he doesn't want to change to formula as we're exclusively bf as he doesn't want to be involved in feeding. Well my friend I've frozen milk on the freezer that needs to be used so bottles will be introduced the lazy son of a witch
absolutely put that frozen breast milk to good use, what a lazy so n so!

That's bleeping outrageous, trying to get you to continue something so taxing physically and mentally just because he doesn't fancy helping out?! Such a weird take anyway, my husband was so happy to feed baby because it gave them extra bonding time and cuddles!

Solidarity to those with upset babies who are waking lots - it sucks doesn't it!! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
That's bleeping outrageous, trying to get you to continue something so taxing physically and mentally just because he doesn't fancy helping out?! Such a weird take anyway, my husband was so happy to feed baby because it gave them extra bonding time and cuddles!

Solidarity to those with upset babies who are waking lots - it sucks doesn't it!! ❤
His family have given him a warped idea that breastfeeding is the only way. They are the type to condemn dummies, comment on development and don't get me started on formula. Even the fact we're using one use nappies have been brought up , we should use reusable for environment. I nearly swung for my SIL at weekend when she suggested he wasn't cooing... I'm still annoyed about the weekend and his family so in turn I'm annoyed with him as well. He keeps forgetting I am his family.

He is acting incredibly strange and is like a little child playing a stupid game on his phone or playing FIFA. When he finishes work , I feel he should be doing burping and changing nappies and I just get sighs . I left for two hours yesterday, I met up with my sister for a little while and went food shopping and he keeps saying he was with him for ages yesterday... I'm like relax it was two hours. He just came in to me there and was like I hear a lot of crying.. I told him to duck off and reassess his attitude. I will have to sit him down id say as the smart comments are getting to me

• Heart
Reactions: 10
His family have given him a warped idea that breastfeeding is the only way. They are the type to condemn dummies, comment on development and don't get me started on formula. Even the fact we're using one use nappies have been brought up , we should use reusable for environment. I nearly swung for my SIL at weekend when she suggested he wasn't cooing... I'm still annoyed about the weekend and his family so in turn I'm annoyed with him as well. He keeps forgetting I am his family.

He is acting incredibly strange and is like a little child playing a stupid game on his phone or playing FIFA. When he finishes work , I feel he should be doing burping and changing nappies and I just get sighs . I left for two hours yesterday, I met up with my sister for a little while and went food shopping and he keeps saying he was with him for ages yesterday... I'm like relax it was two hours. He just came in to me there and was like I hear a lot of crying.. I told him to duck off and reassess his attitude. I will have to sit him down id say as the smart comments are getting to me
I'm so sorry you're having to deal with all that 😞 you're doing great and the sooner he supports you rather than going against you the better ❤

I'm gonna use the name of this thread as inspiration....tell him to grow some breasts before he comments on how baby is fed. Fed is best, be that breast milk or formula.
My in-laws are exactly the same. Whatever choice I've made they have had something to say about it. I've been really stubborn and stuck with what I wanted to do, so I've used a dummy, she's bottle fed, I've done BLW and traditional, she goes the nursery and has done since she was 10 months old. She has a taste of chocolate if I'm having some. Only the weekend I reminded them that I'm with her the most and they are with her for a couple of hours, so their preferences don't matter. My advice, which I wish I had done earlier, is to point out that bottle fed babies and breast fed babies will both still want mcdonalds as toddlers. That schools can't differentiate between the two. And most importantly, your baby, your choice.
As for hubby, I think they all go through this phase, mine certainly did and still does. Point out to him he can have his time if you can have your time. Or do the petty thing and hide the Xbox controller or his fave game (I did these for a weekend, it certainly made him rethink)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm gonna use the name of this thread as inspiration....tell him to grow some breasts before he comments on how baby is fed. Fed is best, be that breast milk or formula.
My in-laws are exactly the same. Whatever choice I've made they have had something to say about it. I've been really stubborn and stuck with what I wanted to do, so I've used a dummy, she's bottle fed, I've done BLW and traditional, she goes the nursery and has done since she was 10 months old. She has a taste of chocolate if I'm having some. Only the weekend I reminded them that I'm with her the most and they are with her for a couple of hours, so their preferences don't matter. My advice, which I wish I had done earlier, is to point out that bottle fed babies and breast fed babies will both still want mcdonalds as toddlers. That schools can't differentiate between the two. And most importantly, your baby, your choice.
As for hubby, I think they all go through this phase, mine certainly did and still does. Point out to him he can have his time if you can have your time. Or do the petty thing and hide the Xbox controller or his fave game (I did these for a weekend, it certainly made him rethink)
I have made the comment I was bottle Fed and turned out alright, it wrecks my head.. his mother is nearly the worst of them about breast feeding but is a walking contradiction because she says they were bf but she didn't have maternity leave and she worked so make that make sense..

I do think the husband is going though something mentally , he just won't tell me , j suppose takes then longer to grasp their lives have changed. .

• Heart
Reactions: 3
👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
(Post too short)
---
I have made the comment I was bottle Fed and turned out alright, it wrecks my head.. his mother is nearly the worst of them about breast feeding but is a walking contradiction because she says they were bf but she didn't have maternity leave and she worked so make that make sense..

I do think the husband is going though something mentally , he just won't tell me , j suppose takes then longer to grasp their lives have changed. .
I had a go at my husband last week and told him if I continue to do everything myself I will end up having a breakdown. I also said I’m running on empty and looking after his child so he needs to pull his finger out if he wants us both to be safe!

• Heart
Reactions: 9