New Baby & Post Birth Off Topic #2 Ffs Matthew, Grow Some Breasts

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can’t believe we’re already on thread number 2 😂 turns out, we love a natter.

What was the worst piece of advice you were given as a new mum?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hahaha the thread title, sorry dad😆
The worst advice for me was from the health visitor telling me to feed him less 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 5
That I should take antidepressants for a couple of days if I was feeling down. 10 days after giving birth. Thanks midwife.

• Wow
Can’t believe we’re already on thread number 2 😂 turns out, we love a natter.

What was the worst piece of advice you were given as a new mum?
Thank you for the new thread.

The absolute smug bastard old timer in my wordings team who said when his son was a baby (in the 80s) he was really ill and had come home able to settle himself - just leave baby to cry and it’ll be fine. No you’re all good Cliff, I’ll be tending to my baby’s needs if that’s okay with you, parenting expert of the year.

Thankfully my mum had told me before that I had also been in hospital for a while when I was a baby and when I came home I didn’t cry and she found it downright weird and used to constantly peer over my cot to see if I was okay.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Just for a couple of days? 😅 madness!
Yep! I’ve been on them before so I know how they work, so when she said “a few days” I was like um no you crazy old bag that’s not how it works.

Also just generally multiple people telling me to let her cry it out and ignore her throwing up/hyperventilating from getting so upset because she’ll get over it.

Reactions: 2
Most of my stupid advice has come from my mother in law and honestly it explains why my partner is the way he is a lot of the time. She’s the complete opposite of maternal it’s a wonder she even had kids! She is great with baby T though, so affectionate which my partner said she was never like that with him or his brother.

• Heart
Most of my stupid advice has come from my mother in law and honestly it explains why my partner is the way he is a lot of the time. She’s the complete opposite of maternal it’s a wonder she even had kids! She is great with baby T though, so affectionate which my partner said she was never like that with him or his brother.
Isnt it funny how different our parents are with grandkids? My dad loves me very much but he was never warm and fuzzy growing up, with MM he is honestly the biggest softie you’ve ever seen.

Isnt it funny how different our parents are with grandkids? My dad loves me very much but he was never warm and fuzzy growing up, with MM he is honestly the biggest softie you’ve ever seen.
I don't think I've ever had as many sweets from my parents in 34 years of life as my niece & nephew have had from my parents 🤣

• Haha
Various advice including not to let the baby dominate me 😂, to send him away to spend time with other people so he gets used to being without me (not at a few weeks old and ebf thanks), and to switch to formula so he’ll sleep through the night 🫠

Reactions: 1
I don't think I got any ridiculous advice y'know, my family know I am stubborn and do things my own way anyway. My late Nana was very intrigued by me breastfeeding my eldest, not in a negative way but she would always ask if I was still feeding her.

Not necessarily a piece of advice, but my sister's sister-in-law did suggest to me that my eldest was small because she was breastfed. As if my milk wasn't enough for her. No, some babies are just on the 9th centile and that's the way they are, just like some babies are on the 99th centile!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Not advice but a comment... That my mil children had issues but due to her being an experienced mother didn't need additional help while my baby was in neo due to poor feeding...

• Wow
Reactions: 3
So sorry, this is as off topic as you could possibly get but my long standing work crush has pinged me on LinkedIn for a coffee and he said seeing me on his birthday would be a good birthday present and added a wink emoji and I’ve literally blushed like a school girl. Then I’ve completely brushed over the flirty message and told him I’m waiting on a calendar invite but what time can he make 🙈😭🤪

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Not really advice but my grandma in law (is there a word for this?) was SHOCKED that you had to feed baby in the night 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
So sorry, this is as off topic as you could possibly get but my long standing work crush has pinged me on LinkedIn for a coffee and he said seeing me on his birthday would be a good birthday present and added a wink emoji and I’ve literally blushed like a school girl. Then I’ve completely brushed over the flirty message and told him I’m waiting on a calendar invite but what time can he make 🙈😭🤪
I absolutely love that you have a work crush 😂

—-

Another settling in session tomorrow and they’ve added two extra for next week which is good.

Still not heard from that bloody job and I know exactly what’s happened- they have probably offered it to someone else and I’m the back up. Which is fine but don’t tell me you’ll get back to me in a few days, it’s now been a week,

Also well fucked off with my work cover- my board needs a new president who I work closely with. There’s two candidates and my cover emailed the board and my direct reports saying I have a favourite so one of my reports has now flagged that it’s not a fair process and I just don’t understand how my cover ran a multinational company then bloody puts that in an email 🫠

• Heart
I absolutely love that you have a work crush 😂

—-

Another settling in session tomorrow and they’ve added two extra for next week which is good.

Still not heard from that bloody job and I know exactly what’s happened- they have probably offered it to someone else and I’m the back up. Which is fine but don’t tell me you’ll get back to me in a few days, it’s now been a week,

Also well fucked off with my work cover- my board needs a new president who I work closely with. There’s two candidates and my cover emailed the board and my direct reports saying I have a favourite so one of my reports has now flagged that it’s not a fair process and I just don’t understand how my cover ran a multinational company then bloody puts that in an email 🫠
I have multiple, one of which is my overall boss at my current work 😐 which honestly I have absolutely never verbalised. I’m quite open about the LinkedIn work crush - with my old colleagues and they think it’s hilarious (but we fancy each other so this has provided great amusement to all for the past decade). For some reason my type in work appears to be mathematicians 🤦🏻‍♀️ help me 🫠

• Haha