New Baby & Post Birth Off Topic #2 Ffs Matthew, Grow Some Breasts

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My husband has managed to settle her, I couldn't. Feeling wildly incompetent as both a wife & mother 🫡 we'd had such a lovely weekend up until about 18:30. Then the idiot grabbed the handle of a stainless steel pan that'd been left over the hob, and the baby became possessed by the spirit of Lucifer when he misses his afternoon nap.
---

This is what I keep reading that's making me doubt, and panic I've given her calpol for no reason. Although she did seem calmer/sometimes sleep after the calpol so idk. At what point do I stop second guessing every little decision?
With my daughter I felt like she was teething for about 3 months before she finally cut her first teeth. Baby boy was about 5/6 weeks for his first but my god he didn't cope with it well at all! If the calpol helps then she's likely been in pain! There's also other things you could try if you don't want to feel like your loading her on calpol as well though, I swear by the granules and sometimes even put a bit teething gel around the bottle teet if he fusses with that too. Currently in the midst of teething here too so I feel your pain!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I have had a few wins I suppose but medicine is my weak spot, I'm always hesitant to give Calpol unless advised or she has a temp. I think I'm struggling with giving it for teething because she's no teeth yet, just red cheeks and droll and a bit whingey sometimes. It feels like a shot in the dark! I'm attached a pic of her gums so you experiences hands can advise and note the serious amount of drool
View attachment 2862103
Have you got any alternatives to calpol? 5 loved teetha but TF doesn’t… just thinking you don’t have to give her calpol if you don’t want to

Reactions: 1
Hi, I lost my tit and threatened to divorce my husband, stormed out and ignored my phone off for two hours when our LO was about the same age as he didn't get me a Mothers Day present until I told him to get me one, which I then decided wasn't good enough and clearly meant neither of them loved me (reality is my OH didn't know what way was up let alone that it was Mothers Day). (y) From what you've said, I'd be incredibly upset too. Your feelings are totally valid! Sorry that that happened x

I'm gonna go in a bit, stick my old emo music on and lift some heavy tit XD
I didn't get a Mother's Day present or card, OH forgot... but managed to remember to send one to his own mother that he hates 🫠 Really want to just punch him in the nads and tell him to stop being such an arse 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Have you got any alternatives to calpol? 5 loved teetha but TF doesn’t… just thinking you don’t have to give her calpol if you don’t want to
Yeah, we have the teething granules which seemed to calm her the other day & she takes them better than she takes calpol. Put them on her matchstick monkey and she's happy as Larry.

I think I just need to let Jesus take the wheel and treat the symptoms as I see them - something is obviously making her uncomfortable at stages throughout the days, and it's not the usual upsets she has. Need to trust my own judgement! I'm acting like I've been loading her up when in reality it was a 2.5ml dose on Tues/Weds with a break on Thursday/Friday and a 1ml dose yesterday.

• Heart
I'm sorry you're having a bad day and it's not stupid at all to be upset over seemingly small things. Your hormones will still be all over the shop so you're allowed to feel emotional over the blondie! I damn well would too.

Is baby's dry skin on his face or body? Mine had bad dry skin on his body and I found the Aveeno baby moisturiser really helped to ease it. I know you might not be comfortable with using products when LO is so small but, if you are, I can vouch for that one.
He's dry all over. His skin is literally peeling off like a snake! Was told it was because he was 11 days late. Feel so guilty about that because I delayed having an induction as long as possible, can't help but think it would be so much better if I'd been induced earlier 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 2
He's dry all over. His skin is literally peeling off like a snake! Was told it was because he was 11 days late. Feel so guilty about that because I delayed having an induction as long as possible, can't help but think it would be so much better if I'd been induced earlier 🙈
Don't feel guilty about it, my daughter had that and she was only a day late! I got asked quite a few times in the hospital if she was really overdue 🤣
It does stop eventually! I'm sure the midwife recommended coconut oil to me at the time but I think I just left it 😅

• Heart
I have had a few wins I suppose but medicine is my weak spot, I'm always hesitant to give Calpol unless advised or she has a temp. I think I'm struggling with giving it for teething because she's no teeth yet, just red cheeks and droll and a bit whingey sometimes. It feels like a shot in the dark! I've attached a pic of her gums so you experiences hands can advise and note the serious amount of drool
View attachment 2862103
Try to see if you can record a video then you can get a still by scrolling through, easier than taking a pic!
IMG_4340.jpeg

you can see baby burritos two bottom front teeth through his gums, he’s been unsettled with them today so he’s had teething gel, that helped a little so gave Calpol and he seemed to calm down.

Reactions: 3
Baby fudge was 4 weeks early and his skin was soooo dry!! So think it’s a myth 🤣

• Heart
no my son was evicted a day before due date and he had that too!! you’ve definitely got nothing to feel guilty for, midwife told me he was just ‘drying out’ after birth and is extremely common

• Heart
Try to see if you can record a video then you can get a still by scrolling through, easier than taking a pic!
View attachment 2862162
you can see baby burritos two bottom front teeth through his gums, he’s been unsettled with them today so he’s had teething gel, that helped a little so gave Calpol and he seemed to calm down.
Hers do not look like this! So I think maybe she's in the pre teething discomfort, she does definitely have the symptoms. This is a very helpful reference picture!

I haven't got time to reply to everyone individually but to everyone having a crappy day and struggling - you're all great mums, and you're all tired and stressed and not always feeling backed up by your partners, and holding the mental load of working out what's up with baby and how to treat it, and juggling 800 other things at the same time, and it's a LOT! All your feelings are valid, and I'm so sorry if anyone has made you feel they aren't. Baby b is 11 months old today and although I feel much more confident as a mum now, every new stage I think "oh my god what do I do about that, what does he need from me, why didn't the health visitors give me a step by step manual instead of saying "you're his mum, you know best...no, not like that"" 🤣 try to find some space in the next couple of days to have an hour to yourself - my hour alone is never to do anything "nice", it's always just to rest/sleep/shower, but it's quiet time for me to recharge and it makes all the difference. And if you're finding the low mood and anxiety and panic about everything isn't lifting even on better days then please reach out to your health visitor/GP/google NHS talking therapy in your area/contact MIND/contact your work's employee assistance programme (or call the Samaritans if you're in crisis) - you deserve to feel better and to enjoy your baby and your life, and if your mental health is robbing you of that then please access support as soon as possible to help you feel well again ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Re: teething, we've been going through it a lot too with her being in pain and this week I've been giving Calpol morning and night 2.5ml and one day I gave three doses in 24 hours because she was screaming in pain so much. She seems to be settling a bit now so just giving it at night to help her sleep. Hoping tonight will be the last night for a while. No teeth cutting through yet but she's been chewing everything and screaming so much. One night she was bright red and holding her breath. So hard to watch. If the Calpol helps then you gotta do what you gotta do. I was the same not wanting to overdo it but went to pharmacy and they said it was fine as long as she has no more than 4 doses in 24 hours and for no longer than a week.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
We've had the first bottom tooth through and the second is just under the gum so in the thick of teething as well 😭 he's so clingy the wee soul so unsuccessful cot transfers and will only sleep when touching me so I'm trapped in the bedroom hangryyyyy most nights 😅 my first was an efficient teether he had his first two teeth together at 5 months, all his teeth by 1 and all his molars by 18 months. Think he just got used to being in teething discomfort as he wasn't phased by the end, I only noticed his molars one day when I was tickling him and he was laughing. Maybe number 2 will make up for that easy experience 😱

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Another one in the teething trenches here sending solidarity. He's 21 weeks but has had symptoms on and off since around 3 months. It's really ramped up this weekend so I'm hoping to see one popping through soon. It's so hard when you can't make it better for them isn't it 😭

• Heart
This was my little ones teeth before the second one popped through, we had no bulging of the gums before hand, it just appeared white under the gum like this and then it still took 4 days for it to cut through! He was dribbling for a good few weeks leading up to it as well. Teething just makes no sense. Also excuse the food all over his face, this was the only time I could get a pic of his teeth hahahaha

Attachments

Teething has always been horrendous here. Months of pain and then the week of eruption even worse. The first molars were awful and we’re just in the middle of all FOUR bleeping canines coming through at once. I’ll be looking forward to it finishing and hopefully no more teething until the last molars in a year or so (please don’t tell me if your boddler / toddler got them before 2 😂)

• Heart
Got one of those night lights you tap the top of to change the setting and every night feed I manage to accidentally tap past the low light by barely touching it and get stuck on either the flashing setting or a random bright bloody colour and end up aggressively tapping it for ages as its flashing or bright green blinded 🤣 closest to a rave I've been in a while 🥳
Poor baby has Bronchiolitis so been a tough few nights as he's not wanted put down, on the boob a lot and held at night a lot so some long nights but my mum maths is reckoning that as he's basically getting a full years free tester of nursery germs from his brother that he'll not be as impacted by them when he starts🤔

• Heart
Got one of those night lights you tap the top of to change the setting and every night feed I manage to accidentally tap past the low light by barely touching it and get stuck on either the flashing setting or a random bright bloody colour and end up aggressively tapping it for ages as its flashing or bright green blinded 🤣 closest to a rave I've been in a while 🥳
Poor baby has Bronchiolitis so been a tough few nights as he's not wanted put down, on the boob a lot and held at night a lot so some long nights but my mum maths is reckoning that as he's basically getting a full years free tester of nursery germs from his brother that he'll not be as impacted by them when he starts🤔
😂😂😂😂😂
Hope baby is doing ok.

It worked like that in our house! Number 2 didn’t get poorly when he started 👏🏻 and he’d spent most of the first year of his life in lockdown/restrictions! X

• Heart
Went to my first mom and baby class... Twas grand but everyone in the group is on their second child 😂 baby is sleeping soundly in his bassinet beside me and not on me. I could get loads done but I'm just going to chill after my hot lunch and coffee...today is a good day 😜

• Heart
Reactions: 5