Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

WeHadFunRight

VIP Member
I was going to start this morning with men and their lack of communication skills but then Amazon decided this horror might be of interest to me and I had to share:
IMG_4127.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 16

loveanatter

VIP Member
Baby natter took his first few steps a few weeks ago and since then it’s only ever been when encouraged…. Today he took them of his own accord 🥹🥹🥹🥹

• Heart
Reactions: 16

justonemorepage

VIP Member
Thanks everyone ❤ it's reassuring to know that others have had bumps too. Like you say, when it's the first it's a bit of a shock. My OH has been wonderful and I had a bath which helped.

thank you for those who have shared their experiences with SH. I used to SH as a teen but in my adulthood I know how to stop the urge but I get intense intrusive thoughts to do something to myself and it's so powerful it scares me but I always manage to resist it thankfully. It always happens when I get angry at myself but my OH and mum calm me down so I always seek support from them and try to be kinder to myself by having a bath or some chocolate ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14

kayefeluu20

VIP Member
Asked my husbands Grandad to keep his volume low because the baby was sleeping in the room - not quiet, just not shouting!

Anyway he proceeded to shush whenever I laughed and am not being funny but I have never been more prepared to roundhouse kick an 87 year old man. I'm not fucking around Peter, shush me one more time and my Easter themed socks will be the last thing you see.

• Haha

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
Minor meltdown yesterday. Baby would not sleep all day and was getting super grumpy because he was overtired. Woke up with a migraine so his screaming really wasn't helping. Changed his nappy and got him a bottle and as soon as he started drinking he gave me the side eye and did another massive poo 🙄 Once he finished the bottle I took him back up to get changed and just as I was grabbing a clean nappy, he pooed everywhere. All over his mat, his clean clothes, got his foot in it and flung it up the side of the nappy caddy thing. That was it. Lost my rag. Was already upset after my toddler had said he didn't love me any more because I'm a horrible mummy and was in pain from my migraine and stupid cramps (can you even get a period 3 weeks pp?) plus all the screaming and frustration. OH was like it's okay, we're in this together. We really aren't though are we. He gets to be the fun parent, didn't have to sacrifice his body or career, isn't trying to recover from all the pain of pregnancy and everything else that went with it plus deal with the hormone rollercoaster, anxiety and trying to keep intrusive thoughts at bay 😒 Praying to the baby gods that little one isn't such a little shit today 🙏

• Heart

kayefeluu20

VIP Member
You're all fantastic mothers and also, incredibly kind and supportive to strangers on the internet. I'll be sending pigeon mail to every naff partner on this thread, except there won't be any mail and the pigeons can just shit on them x

• Heart
  • Haha

Tifastrife

VIP Member
I’ve had the breast milk to get jewellery made sat in my freezer for six months I should probably get on that 🤣.

Bloody arse today was standing like a useless sack of 💩 watching me struggle to give Baby his medicine earlier, which he then spat the majority out. Arse then gave me some “constructive criticism” on how I was doing it wrong so I was like if you’re so bloody good at it you do the next dose then. Low and behold it was soon spat all over his face. Baby T backing me up 🙌🏻 🤣

• Haha

Pontiac_Bandit

VIP Member
Had a bit of a tricky day today - me and baby bandit went to visit my parents and it was just quite sad, they're both quite unwell in different ways at the moment and I had a little cry on the drive home because I'm worried about them but can't really do anything to help except keep checking on them. My husband gave me a card from baby bandit with a tiny scribble where he'd let him loose with a pen, and a "for my wife on mother's day" card which was lovely, and a tiny little teddy with a "mum" jumper. After a difficult day I felt a little bit deflated because I'd got my husband some personalised gifts for father's day and I guess I'd hoped for something a bit more special/thoughtful, but then I saw some Instagram posts from Tommy's about mothers grieving babies and have been messaging my friend who recently lost her baby son, and I snapped out of my disappointment because I'm so so lucky to have my gorgeous baby here with me ❤ also, extremely random but we spent a few hours at a car showroom on Friday and the salesman was so lovely and interested in baby bandit, and today he emailed my husband about something and said he hoped I was having a lovely first mother's day, and I just thought that was really sweet! So I guess I'm feeling tired and a bit fragile tonight but very grateful ❤

• Heart

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
I can now officially join this thread as my wee boy finally decided to make an appearance yesterday. Has been a rollercoaster, if anyone has any tips for balancing a newborn and a toddler or anything like how to stop the toddler feeling resentful, I'd be grateful. Toddler is doing grand so far, just trying to stop anything that could potentially happen 😬

• Heart

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
Rant incoming. So many people keep saying baby Wood is small. Got back from our baby sensory class to three mums telling me he’s little. He’s not! He’s bang on average size for a full term baby, he’s 95th percentile for his prem age. Consider your words when judging other peoples babies, please. It’s getting very frustrating.

• Heart

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
Need to have a wee rant... Baby has been having some issues. He's on prescription formula now and that's sorted out some of his tummy issues but he has either colic or reflux (trying to work out which) and poor love has super dry skin and awful acne. OH has zero patience for when he's crying, kind of implies that it's my fault, like I didn't wind him enough during the day. Then he'll moan about how bad his skin is but has made no effort to contact the Dr to voice his concerns, just implying that I've not done something. Currently 3 weeks postpartum and my bleeding has been quite heavy which has left me feeling very lethargic and headachy and the cramps have been quite painful. With the stress from baby and then my toddler adjusting to having to share my attention, I'm at the end of my tether.

Took the toddler and baby out today to a new park and stopped in a cafe for lunch on the way. Toddler ended up drinking half my smoothie and eating half my bagel rather than eating his sandwich and juice. Ordered myself a blondie as a little treat. Toddler asked if he could have a bite and he ate the whole damn thing. OH made no effort to get it back off of him (I was on the other side of the table so couldn't reach). Really had to choke back the tears. It's so stupid to be upset over flipping baked goods but that really felt like the final straw y'know.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

kayefeluu20

VIP Member
This mornings drastic measure to get baby to sleep:

The washing machine has been on 4 spin cycles.
She's been with MIL since about 10 and I was supposed to clean but instead I've eaten jaffa cakes, leftover pasta and binged a l o t of Brooklyn 99.

• Heart

Pontiac_Bandit

VIP Member
Does anyone else get the rage when they see people without children in parent and child spaces?! When we went out the other day there were 5 spaces, and 4 of them were occupied - two of them were trades vans and two were cars with no child seats! One car drove off as we pulled in and I gave them an unimpressed stare (much like Paddington) and they looked a bit embarrassed, but the man sat in one of the vans wouldn't make eye contact - he had his window open so hopefully me chattering incessantly to baby bandit as I got him in/out the car and baby bandit shrieking back irritated him 😅🤣

• Heart

kayefeluu20

VIP Member
Baby is very fussy today and still drinking for England. Discovered she will sleep in the carrier if I hoover.

Pros:
• She sleeps
• The floor is clean

Cons
• I have to hoover

• Haha

fudgebox

VIP Member
Baby fudge’s key worker in nursery said today how clever and advanced he is for his age🥹 I know he’s only 4 months so not sure what they can really tell at this point🤣 but I am so proud of my lil preemie boy🥹

• Heart

WeHadFunRight

VIP Member
TF starting to take lots of steps now bless her, like a drunk and sozzled little mouse but so cute to see how proud she is of herself! 😍

• Heart

justonemorepage

VIP Member
Please don't judge, I'm beating myself up and hating myself enough so I'll put the following behind a spoiler.

So baby has started to sit up mostly unaided on our laps and holds herself for minutes. I had the stupid idea to try her out sitting on the floor. It's a wooden floor 🤦‍♀️ I held her up for a bit until she was steady and then she seemed fine so I let go for a second and as soon as I did she fell to the side and hit her head on the floor before I was able to catch her. I fucking hate myself. I've had thoughts of self harm all day because of it. I genuinely feel rage towards myself for being so selfish and stupid. She cried out and I scooped her up and cuddled her for ages. She stopped crying, I didn't, and I just held her for ages. She went back to her normal babbling self and seems fine but I'm panicking about a bleed on the brain. OH been marvellous and reassuring me that she's fine and that all babies have tumbles but she's so young and I just can't help thinking maybe she is hurt internally and we are just unaware of it. I'm driving myself crazy over it tbh. Just looking for some reassurance I guess. I hate myself so much. I feel like the worst mother in the world.

• Heart