New Baby & Post Birth Off Topic #2 Ffs Matthew, Grow Some Breasts

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
TF won’t stop pushing her sister in the face. She is 100% Melissa McCarthy in that identity thief meme and poor 5 is Jason Bateman. Poor 5

no amount of “no” is doing anything- she doesn’t give a flying duck. Just keeps hitting and smacking her.
We’ve got similar here… I keep telling myself like everything else. It’s. Just. A. Phase.
😅

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Bloody bathroom fitter didn't show and then when we called to find out where he was they told us "oh, he's been off sick with family problems for a few weeks now, he's probably not going to be back until the end of April". I. am. FUMING.
That's really bleeping crappy of the company! Have you gone via the store where you bought the suite or a separate firm? I'd be tempted to submit a complaint and then find a different fitter, even if it means the job won't be done for a while - the 2-3 weeks sounds insane, our full strip out and refit which involved a layout change took about a week and a half I think. So angry on your behalf, why didn't they contact you?!!

@themuffinwoman I really hope your first day back is better than you expect ❤

Screaming full moon baby here too - went to an early Easter gathering with relatives and he cried 75% of the time and gave evils 15% of the time 😅

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
MM self settled for the first time in ages for bedtime sleep. Praying that means she’ll have a good night but knowing in reality it means NOTHING.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
That's really bleeping crappy of the company! Have you gone via the store where you bought the suite or a separate firm? I'd be tempted to submit a complaint and then find a different fitter, even if it means the job won't be done for a while - the 2-3 weeks sounds insane, our full strip out and refit which involved a layout change took about a week and a half I think. So angry on your behalf, why didn't they contact you?!!

Screaming full moon baby here too - went to an early Easter gathering with relatives and he cried 75% of the time and gave evils 15% of the time 😅
Absolutely crappy! So bleeping crappy. It's via B and Q, using their fitter. If they haven't got back to us with details of a new fitter and a firm date, I'm going to call them, tell them we're going with a private fitter and will not be paying the £5k (!!!!!) fitting fee. OH thinks if we do that they'll just keep pushing us down the line and we'll never get it done but I maintain that sometimes it's whoever is most annoying that gets stuff done quickly.

The time frame seems mad to me too, it's a tiny bathroom - literally like 1.6m square if that. We've had to go with a slimmer than standard bath and vanity, for context, and it's all being smushed in together because it won't fit otherwise. No walls need changing, there's not even tiling on the floor to take up (only a small amount in the shower enclosure and the windowsill). I have a feeling it'll be 2 - 3 weeks of someone turning up at 10am, then knocking off at 1pm "as they have another job to go to and they can't progress any more today". If my OH would let me I'd do it my bloody self.

What pissed me off even more is when they eventually called back all I could hear was my husband going "Oh ok... oh well, yes I guess that's fine... well we need it done by the end of April really... oh May? Oh... yes I guess so..." bleeping GROW A SPINE AND TELL THEM IT'S NOT OK.

• Heart

Thanks, I’m hoping it’s not as bad as I’m thinking. I just deal with so many old men (I know I sound like I have it in for old men and they’re not all like this but genuinely I drag the average age down by about 30 years in meetings) who don’t like me because I’m a young woman in a senior role, and I know they’ll be making comments like my colleague did about how I should come back 5 days a week etc. I’m a bit nervous about how I’ll handle it because I’m inclined to tell them to go duck themselves 🙃

• Heart
Thanks, I’m hoping it’s not as bad as I’m thinking. I just deal with so many old men (I know I sound like I have it in for old men and they’re not all like this but genuinely I drag the average age down by about 30 years in meetings) who don’t like me because I’m a young woman in a senior role, and I know they’ll be making comments like my colleague did about how I should come back 5 days a week etc. I’m a bit nervous about how I’ll handle it because I’m inclined to tell them to go duck themselves 🙃
You have my permission to absolutely tell them to go duck themselves*

*I take no responsibility for you being fired if you do though

• Haha
Reactions: 7
You have my permission to absolutely tell them to go duck themselves*

*I take no responsibility for you being fired if you do though
“Weeping Cassandra made me do it!!”
Sorry about your bathroom btw, I’m happy to speak with them on your behalf given my current mood.

I feel a bit like Ross:

• Haha
“Weeping Cassandra made me do it!!”
Sorry about your bathroom btw, I’m happy to speak with them on your behalf given my current mood.

I feel a bit like Ross:

Deal. I tell you what, I'll talk to your older male colleagues and you sort my bathroom out. A nice, clean and tidy arrangement to solve both our troubles, eh?
godfather-thegodfather.gif

• Haha
Absolutely crappy! So bleeping crappy. It's via B and Q, using their fitter. If they haven't got back to us with details of a new fitter and a firm date, I'm going to call them, tell them we're going with a private fitter and will not be paying the £5k (!!!!!) fitting fee. OH thinks if we do that they'll just keep pushing us down the line and we'll never get it done but I maintain that sometimes it's whoever is most annoying that gets stuff done quickly.

The time frame seems mad to me too, it's a tiny bathroom - literally like 1.6m square if that. We've had to go with a slimmer than standard bath and vanity, for context, and it's all being smushed in together because it won't fit otherwise. No walls need changing, there's not even tiling on the floor to take up (only a small amount in the shower enclosure and the windowsill). I have a feeling it'll be 2 - 3 weeks of someone turning up at 10am, then knocking off at 1pm "as they have another job to go to and they can't progress any more today". If my OH would let me I'd do it my bloody self.

What pissed me off even more is when they eventually called back all I could hear was my husband going "Oh ok... oh well, yes I guess that's fine... well we need it done by the end of April really... oh May? Oh... yes I guess so..." bleeping GROW A SPINE AND TELL THEM IT'S NOT OK.
Oh for duck's sake Mr Cassandra!!!! I'd suggest tonight you read the contract you signed when you agreed to have B&Q's fitters as you'll want to be informed and know your rights when speaking to them (might be worth searching online for advice from moneysavingexpert or other consumer rights websites too about how to get out of the provided fitters when they've messed you about), and then call tomorrow and say "actually there was a miscommunication when you spoke to my husband yesterday - waiting to have our bathroom fitted is completely unacceptable because we made plans around having the work done and we have a small child, and we are no longer happy to use a fitter provided by you because we don't trust you anymore due to your lack of communication about the work being delayed" and then continue the call in a terse but professional manner and see where you get! My in-laws had a kitchen fitted by a Wickes fitter a year or two ago and there was issue after issue, and each time Wickes insisted it had to be the fitter who did the shoddy work in the first place who returned to fix it - so go in armed with knowledge about your rights because these stores will do anything to insist you must use their fitter. And tell Mr Cassandra that he's not allowed near the phone anymore 😂

@themuffinwoman if anyone makes any comments just say "everything has been agreed with my line manager and HR; if you're suggesting I'm not capable of doing my job then please think carefully about how you word that because I'm happy to make a formal complaint on the grounds of discrimination due to me being female and a parent" and then smile sweetly while staring them directly in the eye without blinking.

I appear to be full of calm, controlled rage tonight 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Oh for duck's sake Mr Cassandra!!!! I'd suggest tonight you read the contract you signed when you agreed to have B&Q's fitters as you'll want to be informed and know your rights when speaking to them (might be worth searching online for advice from moneysavingexpert or other consumer rights websites too about how to get out of the provided fitters when they've messed you about), and then call tomorrow and say "actually there was a miscommunication when you spoke to my husband yesterday - waiting to have our bathroom fitted is completely unacceptable because we made plans around having the work done and we have a small child, and we are no longer happy to use a fitter provided by you because we don't trust you anymore due to your lack of communication about the work being delayed" and then continue the call in a terse but professional manner and see where you get! My in-laws had a kitchen fitted by a Wickes fitter a year or two ago and there was issue after issue, and each time Wickes insisted it had to be the fitter who did the shoddy work in the first place who returned to fix it - so go in armed with knowledge about your rights because these stores will do anything to insist you must use their fitter. And tell Mr Cassandra that he's not allowed near the phone anymore 😂

@themuffinwoman if anyone makes any comments just say "everything has been agreed with my line manager and HR; if you're suggesting I'm not capable of doing my job then please think carefully about how you word that because I'm happy to make a formal complaint on the grounds of discrimination due to me being female and a parent" and then smile sweetly while staring them directly in the eye without blinking.

You have curbed that rage ball tonight!!! Congratulations 😆
I’m full of rage as second period since Wood has rocked up and by gum it hurts ☹ he also has his vaccinations tomorrow and I’m praying they don’t affect him too much as he’s been in the most beautiful mood today.

• Heart
Well it’s going to be a long night here.
Baby natter has had a temp since Friday. Suddenly turned in to him drowning in his own snot… middle natter is coughing his guts up although for now still asleep.
Glad my husbands away for the next two nights 🙃

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9

Wow. Where were you when we got screwed over by a double glazing company and simultaneously got let go from my job after mat leave with berry junior. Looking back, I wish I had this energy instead of being a hormonal sobbing mess 😅

• Heart
  • Wow
Wow. Where were you when we got screwed over by a double glazing company and simultaneously got let go from my job after mat leave with berry junior. Looking back, I wish I had this energy instead of being a hormonal sobbing mess 😅
I don't blame you for sobbing, that's awful 💔 are you doing ok now? I only developed a "duck it, I'm not going to let this go until I've got the right outcome" approach after multiple things happening at work that made me cry lots and want to leave, and thanks to one person believing what I was saying I dusted myself off and decided it was my mission to stand up for things and to make sure positive change happened - it became a bit of a personal crusade to make sure that people weren't mistreated or ignored!

• Heart
This mornings drastic measure to get baby to sleep:

The washing machine has been on 4 spin cycles.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
This mornings drastic measure to get baby to sleep:

The washing machine has been on 4 spin cycles.
She's been with MIL since about 10 and I was supposed to clean but instead I've eaten jaffa cakes, leftover pasta and binged a l o t of Brooklyn 99.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She's been with MIL since about 10 and I was supposed to clean but instead I've eaten jaffa cakes, leftover pasta and binged a l o t of Brooklyn 99.

LO is due to be picked up from nursery in half an hour and all I've done is piss around with some art work and gone to the gym. You win some, you lose some.

No reply yet from my email to the recruiting team at that job. Slightly worried that they've now labelled me as totally desperate and are just ignoring it hoping I'll stop bothering them. :(

• Heart
  • Sad

The perfect day!! You absolutely deserve it, rest and recovery gives you the ammo to cope with the chaos when baby returns home!
---
LO is due to be picked up from nursery in half an hour and all I've done is piss around with some art work and gone to the gym. You win some, you lose some.

No reply yet from my email to the recruiting team at that job. Slightly worried that they've now labelled me as totally desperate and are just ignoring it hoping I'll stop bothering them. :(
Try not to worry - they may not have had chance to read/respond yet, or maybe waiting to speak to someone about how best to respond. Hopefully you'll hear something soon but if not at least you know you did everything you could 🙂
---
Rug update!! We went to a local independent carpet shop that I got baby bandit's bedroom carpet from and shared my dilemma about comfort vs allergies, and the lovely man was SO helpful and knowledgeable and talked us through all our options and his suggestions for what would work best in a large space with a baby. We ended up buying a carpet offcut (1.75 x 2.2m) for £40, and paying to have it edged to turn it into a rug because that's apparently a big thing nowadays to get a bigger rug/custom size for much cheaper - who knew?! We bought an anti-slip thing for under the rug and all in it was about £140! We have to wait 2 weeks for it to be sent away to be edged and I'm gutted because I want it now 😅 so happy to finally have that task ticked off the list though!

Last edited:
  • Heart
I don't blame you for sobbing, that's awful 💔 are you doing ok now? I only developed a "duck it, I'm not going to let this go until I've got the right outcome" approach after multiple things happening at work that made me cry lots and want to leave, and thanks to one person believing what I was saying I dusted myself off and decided it was my mission to stand up for things and to make sure positive change happened - it became a bit of a personal crusade to make sure that people weren't mistreated or ignored!
What a great way to be. Love it. I think it's easy sometimes to let things slide or cave in when you're physically and mentally exhausted but it pays to be more resilient - be more pontiac bandit ✊️😊
I'm doing fine now, thank you for asking - this all happened in 2021 during covid and even though the former employers went about it in the shittiest way, I definitely dodged a bullet! I've been self-employed since then, which has been great until recently with the cost of living crisis 😩 Here's to mama's raising babies through a pandemic and a recession 🙌

• Heart