New Baby & Post Birth Off Topic #2 Ffs Matthew, Grow Some Breasts

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can paint my nails fairly neatly as long as I have a bright light on, and have my hands flat on a surface and do it slowly with not much varnish on the brush. The issue comes when I don't leave long enough between layers so it goes all sticky and won't dry, and even if I just do one coat and leave it ages it always manages to smudge!! I got an LED nail kit/lamp a few years ago and it's been a game changer, it's a bit more faff with preparing the nails etc but once you've done it your nails look great for a couple of weeks! Unfortunately the other night when I decided to paint my nails I did a couple of quick coats of standard nail varnish to save the hassle and baby bandit woke up before they fully dried so now I've got random textured bits where they came into contact with his sleeping bag and from changing his nappy 😅
---
Didn't have a great night with baby bandit and he was up early, but I took him into my bed and we had a lovely time snuggling and being silly together and got some very cute selfies, and then this morning he's been so cheerful and funny and I thought "thank god we're having such a great morning, I needed this". I rang my mum to see how she is and she said my dad's not doing great today and then she started crying - she's calling 111 at the moment for advice and he may need to go back into hospital so just waiting for news. Great mood immediately came crashing down and now I'm just so worried about them both. Luckily I'll have childcare from lunchtime and my husband's off the next 3 days so I can go over there whenever they need me and stay over to help if they want, but it's just really crap and I'm worried about them and selfishly a bit sad for me because I was feeling so optimistic this morning 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I can paint my nails fairly neatly as long as I have a bright light on, and have my hands flat on a surface and do it slowly with not much varnish on the brush. The issue comes when I don't leave long enough between layers so it goes all sticky and won't dry, and even if I just do one coat and leave it ages it always manages to smudge!! I got an LED nail kit/lamp a few years ago and it's been a game changer, it's a bit more faff with preparing the nails etc but once you've done it your nails look great for a couple of weeks! Unfortunately the other night when I decided to paint my nails I did a couple of quick coats of standard nail varnish to save the hassle and baby bandit woke up before they fully dried so now I've got random textured bits where they came into contact with his sleeping bag and from changing his nappy 😅
---
Didn't have a great night with baby bandit and he was up early, but I took him into my bed and we had a lovely time snuggling and being silly together and got some very cute selfies, and then this morning he's been so cheerful and funny and I thought "thank god we're having such a great morning, I needed this". I rang my mum to see how she is and she said my dad's not doing great today and then she started crying - she's calling 111 at the moment for advice and he may need to go back into hospital so just waiting for news. Great mood immediately came crashing down and now I'm just so worried about them both. Luckily I'll have childcare from lunchtime and my husband's off the next 3 days so I can go over there whenever they need me and stay over to help if they want, but it's just really crap and I'm worried about them and selfishly a bit sad for me because I was feeling so optimistic this morning 😢
How’s your dad doing? What did 111 say? Try take everything one hour at a time if you can which is easier said than done I know, hope your in laws get there soon and you can rest/be with your parents xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
How’s your dad doing? What did 111 say? Try take everything one hour at a time if you can which is easier said than done I know, hope your in laws get there soon and you can rest/be with your parents xx
Thank you ❤ they're awaiting a callback from a doctor, as far as I'm aware my dad is ok but feeling very sick and generally unwell and my mum's concerned about how much weight he's been losing - last time he was like this they admitted him. My in-laws are due in a few minutes and my husband's on his way home so I can shower soon and be available if they need me. Feeling a bit better now just very emotional - my period arrived so that doesn't help!

I hope MM has an amazing birthday party ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Why is the food shop without a baby such a luxury?!
I could have spent all day wandering the aisles of aldi 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Thank you ❤ they're awaiting a callback from a doctor, as far as I'm aware my dad is ok but feeling very sick and generally unwell and my mum's concerned about how much weight he's been losing - last time he was like this they admitted him. My in-laws are due in a few minutes and my husband's on his way home so I can shower soon and be available if they need me. Feeling a bit better now just very emotional - my period arrived so that doesn't help!

I hope MM has an amazing birthday party ❤
How’s the rest of your day been? I hope you got your shower and some time to relax ❤

it was good thanks although she got massively overwhelmed and sobbed when we sang happy birthday, then had a 2 hour nap 😂 she’s got tons of presents though and everyone loved her cake. Hoping for a good night as I’m shattered myself and heading to bed soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
How’s the rest of your day been? I hope you got your shower and some time to relax ❤

it was good thanks although she got massively overwhelmed and sobbed when we sang happy birthday, then had a 2 hour nap 😂 she’s got tons of presents though and everyone loved her cake. Hoping for a good night as I’m shattered myself and heading to bed soon.
Thank you! I showered and vaguely helped my husband put together a computer table haha but mostly rested/did essentials because getting upset wiped out my energy (stupid MS!!). Baby bandit had a difficult afternoon with teething and refusing milk but went out for a walk in the sunshine with his grandparents (his first time out without us 🥺) so that was nice for him/them, and it gave us a bit of breathing space at home. My dad ended up with an ambulance but they agreed he could be treated at home and we need to get him some new medication prescribed tomorrow to help manage his symptoms. An exhausting day but hopefully tomorrow will be better!

I'm so glad she had a nice time, and I don't blame her for being overwhelmed and then having a big sleep haha! Yay for your cake being so popular! I hope her presents are all lovely and that she enjoys playing with them ☺ and I hope you get a good night and manage to catch up on some sleep!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Nervously waiting to hear a response from my email to that job.

We're having our bathroom redone this week and the sodding man was meant to be here at 9am to start the work, he's still not here. They're estimating 2 to 3 weeks to do it (which seems hugely excessive to me - it's literally just big enough for a standard bath, toilet and slimline vanity, it's not a huge room) but obviously that's going to take longer if they don't pissing show up :mad::mad: I'm going to be incredibly annoyed if I have to spend the last month of my maternity leave creeping about my house and not being able to drive anywhere because they're blocking our drive.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Ah it’s a great feeling. I have so many vinted parcels turning up today, I feel the same 🥳
So on the Vinted thing, do you buy individual outfits? Or a little set of outfits/baby grows? I have a bunch of clothes from TF I need to move on but got no bites for the bundle on market place. Should I be listing a smaller number of items together?

So on the Vinted thing, do you buy individual outfits? Or a little set of outfits/baby grows? I have a bunch of clothes from TF I need to move on but got no bites for the bundle on market place. Should I be listing a smaller number of items together?
I buy a couple of big bundles and then specific bits I’ll want him to wear, like rugby shirts, jumpers or particular brands. I’ll sell what I don’t like in a new bundle. But just for T-shirts and sleepwear, I don’t really care. I’m about to buy a bundle of 50 items that includes vests, shorts, shirts, jumpers etc for £10. Bundles are really popular on vinted, so I would pop it on there. It’s easy enough to use but make sure you only offer postage from places you can get to. I only offer evri because it’s done at my local shop where they have their own printer.

I buy a couple of big bundles and then specific bits I’ll want him to wear, like rugby shirts, jumpers or particular brands. I’ll sell what I don’t like in a new bundle. But just for T-shirts and sleepwear, I don’t really care. I’m about to buy a bundle of 50 items that includes vests, shorts, shirts, jumpers etc for £10. Bundles are really popular on vinted, so I would pop it on there. It’s easy enough to use but make sure you only offer postage from places you can get to. I only offer evri because it’s done at my local shop where they have their own printer.
Thank you! That’s very helpful - do you weigh your parcel before listing? I’ll take a look at the bundles x

So here's a random question - rugs! We're rearranging the living room and want a big rug to go in front of the sofa/through the middle of the room - our flooring is laminate. Do I go for a fairly thin rug so that it's easier to clean/less of an allergy risk but obviously won't offer any protection for a crawling/tumbling baby unless I put his foam playmat pieces down, or do I get a rug that's more like a carpet/has a thicker pile and will be much softer for little knees/heads when he inevitably launches himself to the floor, but is harder to keep clean and potentially more of an allergy risk for sensitive baby?

Or (god I drive myself mad with overthinking) I'd be getting an underlay thing anyway to make the rug non-slip - can you get padded ones that would make a thin rug safer?!

Thank you! That’s very helpful - do you weigh your parcel before listing? I’ll take a look at the bundles x
It’s small medium and large sizing.
---
So here's a random question - rugs! We're rearranging the living room and want a big rug to go in front of the sofa/through the middle of the room - our flooring is laminate. Do I go for a fairly thin rug so that it's easier to clean/less of an allergy risk but obviously won't offer any protection for a crawling/tumbling baby unless I put his foam playmat pieces down, or do I get a rug that's more like a carpet/has a thicker pile and will be much softer for little knees/heads when he inevitably launches himself to the floor, but is harder to keep clean and potentially more of an allergy risk for sensitive baby?

Or (god I drive myself mad with overthinking) I'd be getting an underlay thing anyway to make the rug non-slip - can you get padded ones that would make a thin rug safer?!
Thicker piles means that potentially more stuff will get stuck in it. short pile is easier to hoover.

Came INCHES from crying in public today - baby Kaye had a monstrous night and a bad start to the day with one hour solid of nap refusal and crying. We went out for a coffee and she was alright in the shop and the shop that followed, then we get about 15 mins from home and she starts crying and doesn't stop until I pick her up but then I have to push the pram one handed. Eventually I stop on the path and stand and sway her, put her back in the pram and make it home and thankfully she's still asleep in there now.

There's been so much of her crying and being upset today and overnight that I'm completely depleted. My husband had a terrible night with her and has a migraine as a result. It's probably a growth spurt or teething but I am wrecked 🤪 she's with my MIL tomorrow so a break is in sight. Feeling like the world's most incompetent, impatient and disastrous mum.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Is this where he’s going to play as well? We don’t have a separate playroom (and they always want to play where you are anyway) so I would go with something you can build stuff on and lay a jig saw out on… and that’s easy to clean x
---
Came INCHES from crying in public today - baby Kaye had a monstrous night and a bad start to the day with one hour solid of nap refusal and crying. We went out for a coffee and she was alright in the shop and the shop that followed, then we get about 15 mins from home and she starts crying and doesn't stop until I pick her up but then I have to push the pram one handed. Eventually I stop on the path and stand and sway her, put her back in the pram and make it home and thankfully she's still asleep in there now.

There's been so much of her crying and being upset today and overnight that I'm completely depleted. My husband had a terrible night with her and has a migraine as a result. It's probably a growth spurt or teething but I am wrecked 🤪 she's with my MIL tomorrow so a break is in sight. Feeling like the world's most incompetent, impatient and disastrous mum.
Eating my toast and nodding along to your post.

been there, it’s awful, eat chocolate and biscuits and chocolate biscuits xxx

Reactions: 3