New baby / post birth advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My 2 month old is also napping a lot less, when she falls asleep it will only be for around 15/20 minutes and then she’s wide awake again for hours, she sleeps from 9pm-8am though with a sleepy bottle at around 3am, so I won’t complain 😂
My wee girl was the same from 3 weeks right up till about 9/10 weeks then started to get into a night time sleep routine and started to go for a nap late morning and then late afternoon and then in bed at half 8/9, shes 3 months now and goes to sleep around 8 and she would sleep to 6 but I do usually feed her again at 11 before I go to bed then she wakes around 6/7 has a nap late morning usually between 10/11 and another one around 2/3 probably should be another nap in there but sometimes she’ll fight her sleep and we get no naps during the day so she ends up in bed sleeping for 6/7 cause she’ll be gurney from being so tired

Reactions: 2
Hi ladies. Just after a bit of advice did anybody’s period really change after you’d a baby? I’m 4 months pp and have had my period 3 times since and it’s been coming regularly once a month but it’s so heavy it’ll be light the first day and then it’s like a bloodbath for 2 days and I’m having to wear maternity pads it’s that heavy and then starts to slow down on the 3rd day and then completely stops. I don’t want to go to the dr tbh cause they’ll probably just stick me on the pill which I don’t want. I don’t know tbh if my periods are still regulating or what. Did this happen to anybody else and did the flow ever get a bit lighter eventually? I am planning on going on birth control soon but I don’t want the pill, injection or implant as planned to try and get pregnant again within the next 2/3 years. Im planning on trying out the patch but I think you have to go to on the pill to help with period flow I’m not sure if the patch will help with that

Reactions: 1
Hi ladies. Just after a bit of advice did anybody’s period really change after you’d a baby? I’m 4 months pp and have had my period 3 times since and it’s been coming regularly once a month but it’s so heavy it’ll be light the first day and then it’s like a bloodbath for 2 days and I’m having to wear maternity pads it’s that heavy and then starts to slow down on the 3rd day and then completely stops. I don’t want to go to the dr tbh cause they’ll probably just stick me on the pill which I don’t want. I don’t know tbh if my periods are still regulating or what. Did this happen to anybody else and did the flow ever get a bit lighter eventually? I am planning on going on birth control soon but I don’t want the pill, injection or implant as planned to try and get pregnant again within the next 2/3 years. Im planning on trying out the patch but I think you have to go to on the pill to help with period flow I’m not sure if the patch will help with that
I’m only 10 weeks post partum but had my first period around 7 weeks and mine was like that, light at first then VERY heavy, probably more bleeding than i got after birth and lasted about 5/6 days and then I had spotting a few days after it finished.

my periods have always been very light and 3 days maximum so was a bit worried, I was going to wait till my next period to see what that’s like before I see GP, but like you I dont want to go on the pill either.

I’m experiencing the same, I’m also 4 months pp too.
Although I have stage 4 endometriosis and have always suffered with heavy, painful periods so it’s pretty standard for me, however on the 2nd day it is particularly bad to the point I’m wearing a large tampon, and doubled up on maternity pads and I still leak within 2 hours. I have to stay indoors during my period for fear of leaking through my clothes.
I’d love to hear if anyone else has had the same and if it does calm down..

I'm 8 weeks PP and my first period was exactly how you explained. I was so embarrassed, I leaked through everything. Really hope the next one is more settled 🤞🏼

Oh wow, I'm 5 pp and still waiting, not looking forward to it after all your stories. Gonna make sure I have maternity pads in stock!

Us women go through some right shite!!

Mine have always been very heavy, and don’t usually come back until around 18months pp, so can’t comment on that side.

However the best thing I’ve found for heavy periods is using a menstrual cup. Mine have always been insanely heavy, changing tampons (I hate pads) every 1-2hrs on the first two days. With the cup I can go for maybe 3-4 hours on those first days. I am super squeamish, and it really isn’t too gross at all in case you’re worried about that side of it!

I’ve just had my second baby and this has happened both times. I’m not sure it ever really got lighter between the two. I’ve just got used to a couple of days of really really heavy flow.

I’m only 10 weeks post partum but had my first period around 7 weeks and mine was like that, light at first then VERY heavy, probably more bleeding than i got after birth and lasted about 5/6 days and then I had spotting a few days after it finished.

my periods have always been very light and 3 days maximum so was a bit worried, I was going to wait till my next period to see what that’s like before I see GP, but like you I dont want to go on the pill either.
Ive read it can be normal after having a baby to have a few days heavy flow, I’m just not used to it because I’ve always had what I’d say ‘normal’ periods came bang on time every month would have 2/3 days of medium flow I’d say, a normal sized pad would hold it but I’m getting leaks constantly when it’s heavy now and always paranoid about what to wear if I’ve to go out in case I leak 😅😅 I can’t use tampons atm cause I’d a 4th degree tear that I’m still having problems with healing around the perinium/vagina and Ive been told not to use them until it’s fully healed so have to use pads 😭😭 I feel rotten like when it’s heavy cause I feel like I need to shower 3 times a day 😅😅 I’m gonna mention it to my health visitor and see what she says before I go to a gp

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Ive read it can be normal after having a baby to have a few days heavy flow, I’m just not used to it because I’ve always had what I’d say ‘normal’ periods came bang on time every month would have 2/3 days of medium flow I’d say, a normal sized pad would hold it but I’m getting leaks constantly when it’s heavy now and always paranoid about what to wear if I’ve to go out in case I leak 😅😅 I can’t use tampons atm cause I’d a 4th degree tear that I’m still having problems with healing around the perinium/vagina and Ive been told not to use them until it’s fully healed so have to use pads 😭😭 I feel rotten like when it’s heavy cause I feel like I need to shower 3 times a day 😅😅 I’m gonna mention it to my health visitor and see what she says before I go to a gp
my periods were normal after my first birth so hence my worry this time but I suppose every pregnancy is different.

yeh i felt the same about needing to shower constantly, just felt gross.

fingers crossed we go back to our normal soon 🤣

Yikes. I bled for nearly 9 weeks PP but then had nothing until my daughter was 11 months when I had a very brief light bleed for 2 days. She is 1 this week and waiting to see if anything happens r.e period! Did you guys breastfeed?

Wow 9 weeks?

i’ve heard its quite normal for periods to be all over the place, esp if you breastfeed.

i’m not breastfeeding and only did it a few weeks with my first so my periods came back quite quickly

Wow 9 weeks?

i’ve heard its quite normal for periods to be all over the place, esp if you breastfeed.

i’m not breastfeeding and only did it a few weeks with my first so my periods came back quite quickly
Yeh- it turned out I had a bad infection that had prolonged the bleeding and cleared up with antibiotics.
I breastfed until very recently so I expect my body is just taking some time to get back to normal!

• Heart
I've just got my first one after 11 weeks.
Mine were actually like yours are now, super heavy for 3 days where I had to wear double the pads and then next to nothing for the rest of the week. Where as this time, it's been 5 days now of heaviness 😑

I’m not due til October, but does anyone know how quickly you can go back on the pill after giving birth (mainly to try and get some sort of regularity back with periods)?

I’m not due til October, but does anyone know how quickly you can go back on the pill after giving birth (mainly to try and get some sort of regularity back with periods)?
At your 6 week review as you're not technically supposed to have sex until then I believe 😊 😂

They normally do it at the 6 week check :) ours was done at 9 weeks but she put me back on the pill although yet to take it

At your 6 week review as you're not technically supposed to have sex until then I believe 😊 😂
They’ve changed the advice now to when you feel ready.
(Not sure why though, having a dinner plate sized wound in your womb where the placenta detached is not a smart environment for inviting infection obvs even if your bits feel ok! 🙈)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Omg I’m on another birth forum and a woman from my birth month (March 2021) put a post up yesterday saying she’s had unprotected sex a couple of times with her partner pulling out and her period hasn’t come yet. Is there a chance she could be pregnant? ERM YES LOL.

Changing the subject here but I’m in the process of buying a travel cot and the mattress size is 100cm x 60cm, but I can’t seem to find a fitted sheet for it, am I being stupid? I can find 120x70? Husband says just risk it and see what it’s like but surely that’ll be flapping about and really risky? Or are you supposed to go bigger because it wraps round the mattress?

• Haha
Omg I’m on another birth forum and a woman from my birth month (March 2021) put a post up yesterday saying she’s had unprotected sex a couple of times with her partner pulling out and her period hasn’t come yet. Is there a chance she could be pregnant? ERM YES LOL.

Changing the subject here but I’m in the process of buying a travel cot and the mattress size is 100cm x 60cm, but I can’t seem to find a fitted sheet for it, am I being stupid? I can find 120x70? Husband says just risk it and see what it’s like but surely that’ll be flapping about and really risky? Or are you supposed to go bigger because it wraps round the mattress?
I've never had a fitted sheet on a travel cot. I don't think they're made to have one on either

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.