New baby / post birth advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Great idea for a thread. I’m due my third c-section in less than two weeks. Starting to panic about having three kids :LOL:

I need a section this time due to my placenta, I’m so terrified. Any advice you could give me? 🥰
My second c-section was elective and it was a very positive experience. The anaesthetist came to my bedside before the op to explain everything and throughout the procedure everything that was happening was explained very clearly. I was well looked after once back on the ward and monitored regularly. I hope you also have a positive experience too! C-sections are a major op but the surgeons do several a day. They’re pros! Anything in particular that is worrying you?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I need a section this time due to my placenta, I’m so terrified. Any advice you could give me? 🥰
Biggest advice is don’t worry! I have had two vaginal births and one section and the section was by far my best birth experience to date. Take your recovery slow but steady, take it easy but do keep moving as much as possible as it really makes a difference. I found the week I spent on the sofa my recovery stagnated, and when I started moving again it sped up.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Great idea for a thread. I’m due my third c-section in less than two weeks. Starting to panic about having three kids :LOL:

My second c-section was elective and it was a very positive experience. The anaesthetist came to my bedside before the op to explain everything and throughout the procedure everything that was happening was explained very clearly. I was well looked after once back on the ward and monitored regularly. I hope you also have a positive experience too! C-sections are a major op but the surgeons do several a day. They’re pros! Anything in particular that is worrying you?
Biggest advice is don’t worry! I have had two vaginal births and one section and the section was by far my best birth experience to date. Take your recovery slow but steady, take it easy but do keep moving as much as possible as it really makes a difference. I found the week I spent on the sofa my recovery stagnated, and when I started moving again it sped up.
Thank you both! I’m just so squeamish and the thought of it all is terrifying I’m just scared I won’t be able to stay calm and relax. I heard you feel the tugging and pulling too that makes me feel ill 🙈🤢
It’s pathetic I know, no birth is great but atleast I know what happens with a vaginal birth I felt more comfortable

Reactions: 3
Thank you both! I’m just so squeamish and the thought of it all is terrifying I’m just scared I won’t be able to stay calm and relax. I heard you feel the tugging and pulling too that makes me feel ill 🙈🤢
It’s pathetic I know, no birth is great but atleast I know what happens with a vaginal birth I felt more comfortable
I am VERY squeamish as well. When they asked me before my section if I wanted the screen lowered so see my baby coming out I was aghast - I asked for her to be cleaned up first before I saw her! I don’t need to be seeing anything gross 🤢

But I can honestly say I felt only a very small amount of pressure when they were working, and it didn’t feel horrible or anything. The nurse at my head was chatting away, and it was all really quick to get baby out, then afterwards they were working away while I focused on baby.

It is nerve wracking, of course it is, it’s a big thing to have done. But I promise I’d tell you if it was awful!

• Heart
I’m super squeamish. I gag at the sight of blood and I faint if I get hurt :LOL: but you can’t see anything. There is a tugging feeling which feels odd but it’s not unpleasant or uncomfortable. Just feels like a bit of pressure then before you know it your baby is out and crying! Sometimes you may shiver and your teeth chatter due to the anaesthesia. Happened to me both times. It’s over before you know it though. Take it super easy after but like @Definitelyme said, do get up and moving as soon as you’re able to. The spinal block will take several hours to wear off but once you get your feeling back, get up and about by your bed.

• Heart
I am going in for induction tonight, both nervous and excited, just hoping it goes smoothly!
Good luck!!
Thank you so so much @Definitelyme @NP thats really helped me feel better it all! Especially that your both squeamish, the only people I’ve spoken too so far aren’t and thought I was silly. Yeah I don’t want the curtain lowered 🙈

Reactions: 2
Good luck!!
Thank you so so much @Definitelyme @NP thats really helped me feel better it all! Especially that your both squeamish, the only people I’ve spoken too so far aren’t and thought I was silly. Yeah I don’t want the curtain lowered 🙈
I also have a verrryyy low pain threshold (I am basically a huge wimp 🤣) and at no point did I ever feel like I was in lots of pain, from the first hours in recovery to being at home and managing pain myself.

good luck @Gilmoregirl18!!

• Heart
I also have a verrryyy low pain threshold (I am basically a huge wimp 🤣) and at no point did I ever feel like I was in lots of pain, from the first hours in recovery to being at home and managing pain myself.

good luck @Gilmoregirl18!!
Even better!!! You are me 😂 is there anything you need to pack specially in the hospital bag?

• Haha
Even better!!! You are me 😂 is there anything you need to pack specially in the hospital bag?
I didn’t pack anything different to a “normal” birth, except I took 2 nighties instead of a pair of pjs. And just the massive pants as well 🤣 the midwife looked at mine and said “oh I don’t think they will be big enough” and I was all 😱 because they were 2 sizes bigger than my normal, but they were fine!

• Haha
The biggest, highest knickers you can find, where the waistband sits high above your scar. A nightie, for ease of access for your catheter. Snacks! You’ll be nil by mouth all day so you’ll be bloody starving later on!

• Heart
Lots of maternity pads! I was getting through a pack a day. I also swear by the expert midwife spray and the bottoms up spray. I had an episiotomy and was cut in 3 places so had tons of stitches. The sprays were my saviour, I kept them in the fridge and they helped with the swelling, bruising and tenderness.

I just slept whenever I could and while I was tired, it was easier during the night to be awake if I’d had sleep during the day. I really miss the nights tbh 🤣

Reactions: 4
Lots of maternity pads! I was getting through a pack a day. I also swear by the expert midwife spray and the bottoms up spray. I had an episiotomy and was cut in 3 places so had tons of stitches. The sprays were my saviour, I kept them in the fridge and they helped with the swelling, bruising and tenderness.

I just slept whenever I could and while I was tired, it was easier during the night to be awake if I’d had sleep during the day. I really miss the nights tbh 🤣
So glad you said this about maternity pads. I saw someone say on another thread recently they barely bled, just like a period for a few days. Meanwhile I’m over here gushing blood for up to 6 weeks afterwards! So I thought there was something wrong with me all these post partum times! 🤣

Following- due in 8 weeks, section in 7 (hopefully!)
I’m 4 weeks post section and honestly wouldn’t even know I had one now. The first couple of weeks get as much rest as you can and do NOT push yourself.

As requested by @OIM
😊
Thank you :):)

So for those with newborns or who have had other babies has anyone’s baby suffered with constipation? This is my second baby but had no issues like this with first. She’s formula fed and her poos are like little pellets and so solid.

What a great thread! Had my first baby in September. Induced/natural birth if anyone has any questions. Good luck to everyone having their babies 💕

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.