New baby / post birth advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I gave birth to my first during lockdown last August. I had to be induced and was on my own as my partner wasn’t allowed on the ward until I was in active labour. My contractions came on very quickly and I was ready to give birth in a couple of hours, so no pain relief apart from gas and air. At the end of the day you’re just focused on giving birth and don’t see any blood. I couldn’t describe the pain now as I’ve forgotten it, but it was totally worth it. Just imagine holding your precious bundle of joy.

Reactions: 7
Question for bottle fed mama’s - I can’t seem to think of another phrase other than “dicking around” maybe it’s cause I’m tired lol but any idea why my 13 wk old is dicking around on the bottle all of a sudden 🤣 he’s not latching onto it and just wants to chew the teat then take about an hour to feed. Literally started doing it within the last 48 hours. Surely this isn’t the start of teething? It’s taken him 30 mins to sink an oz just now and I give up, Ive put him in his crib and he’s just babbling away to himself so he’s fine but just weird he’s suddenly doing this?
Mines just started doing this, she's 10 weeks.
I have noticed she does it more if the milk isn't warm enough though

O
It does sound like a faff but if it works faff away I say! We are on the 2s of Mam. I do love them. With my first i don't think we moved off the 2s.
Anyone lose dummies the same as they are losing their minds?! 🤣
Omg. We have 4 dummies but I swear only know where 1 is at a time 😂

Reactions: 1
This travel cot is on an Amazon day deal for anyone looking. It looks really good, I’d be buying it if we didn’t have one already. They’ve also good deals on Tommee Tippee items today.
If anyone finds anything useful please share x

So 2 month old has been up since 7, refuses to nap no matter what 🥴 surely this isnt normal?

she seems ok, not moany etc

• Heart
So 2 month old has been up since 7, refuses to nap no matter what 🥴 surely this isnt normal?

My little one was the same, he would go all day without sleeping but we would usually end up with a screaming baby by 6/7pm!

My 10 week old has currently napped a whole 10 minutes today. Maybe not even that 👌🏻

• Wow
Reactions: 2

My 2 month old is also napping a lot less, when she falls asleep it will only be for around 15/20 minutes and then she’s wide awake again for hours, she sleeps from 9pm-8am though with a sleepy bottle at around 3am, so I won’t complain 😂

My 2 month old is also napping a lot less, when she falls asleep it will only be for around 15/20 minutes and then she’s wide awake again for hours, she sleeps from 9pm-8am though with a sleepy bottle at around 3am, so I won’t complain 😂
That is excellent night sleeping!!! We are 6 months next week and still on 2-3 wake ups a night :D It is down from 8+ a night though so I can't really moan.

That is excellent night sleeping!!! We are 6 months next week and still on 2-3 wake ups a night :D It is down from 8+ a night though so I can't really moan.
I know, I’m really hoping she stays like this and Iv got a good sleeper, I think I deserve it after my first daughter didn’t let me sleep for around 6 months 😂

I’m definitely hoping for a longer nights sleep if she doesn’t nap through the day.

just had a look at the wonder weeks app and apparently she has started her leap, and today is when the nap situation has started so hopong it doesn’t last long

My 10 week old has currently napped a whole 10 minutes today. Maybe not even that 👌🏻
she fell asleep on me for 10 minutes and i thought she was in a deep sleep so put her down and she woke up 🥴

I know, I’m really hoping she stays like this and Iv got a good sleeper, I think I deserve it after my first daughter didn’t let me sleep for around 6 months 😂
Haha I've said so many times the next baby better be a better sleeper :ROFLMAO:

I’m definitely hoping for a longer nights sleep if she doesn’t nap through the day.

just had a look at the wonder weeks app and apparently she has started her leap, and today is when the nap situation has started so hopong it doesn’t last long

she fell asleep on me for 10 minutes and i thought she was in a deep sleep so put her down and she woke up 🥴
What do you think of the leaps?
We are apparently in leap 5; I've been a bit sceptical about them but the thunderstorm week in leap 4 was our toughest yet and since starting leap 5, it's felt trickier.

Is the wonder weeks app worth it? I see people mention it a lot but I've never used it

Is the wonder weeks app worth it? I see people mention it a lot but I've never used it
it's ok, I find the skills they say babies will learn during the leaps/around them are way too advanced for that particular age-range!

Right now it says my almost 6 month old will learn how to say things like achoo when he sneezes. :ROFLMAO: you can find all of it online including the weeks your baby would be in a leap according to due date, as well as the signs that they are in them.

I got it after reading the hype, but tbh I don’t really think it’s worth it. You can find all the info online for free.

Last edited:
Can’t believe so many tinies are able to stay awake so long in the day! 😳 my 9 week old can’t stay awake more than 30 minutes or hes knackered again 🤣 expends too much energy growing!

I used to have the app and it’s not worth paying for. You can find the chart on Google images, and basically every leap = fussy baby so the signs were always the same.

Can’t believe so many tinies are able to stay awake so long in the day! 😳 my 9 week old can’t stay awake more than 30 minutes or hes knackered again 🤣 expends too much energy growing!

I used to have the app and it’s not worth paying for. You can find the chart on Google images, and basically every leap = fussy baby so the signs were always the same.
I remember in the newborn stages, the health visitor kept telling me he "should" be sleeping 16-17 hours a day. He was doing 9-11! always been a tricky sleeper from the minute he was born.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I remember in the newborn stages, the health visitor kept telling me he "should" be sleeping 16-17 hours a day. He was doing 9-11! always been a tricky sleeper from the minute he was born.
I’ve never had good night sleepers (although this latest addition actually sleeps quite well, probably best we’ve had!) but they’ve always loved a day time nap! My eldest two were 3+ when they stopped napping, my 2.5yo loves her nap, and the baby sleeps all day. Apparently I’m shite company 🤣🤣 (except at night when they can’t get enough of me!)

Haha I've said so many times the next baby better be a better sleeper :ROFLMAO:

What do you think of the leaps?
We are apparently in leap 5; I've been a bit sceptical about them but the thunderstorm week in leap 4 was our toughest yet and since starting leap 5, it's felt trickier.
erm so far the tough weeks have been spot on, esp the start/end of a leap so not sure if its just a coincidence or what, I had it with my first and it was a bit on and off with the leaps so not sure I would advise paying for it though lol.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.