New baby / post birth advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The vacuum bags are a good idea for clothes I just ordered some off Amazon cause all her clothes that are currently too small are just sitting in our back room in a bin bag 😅 it’s mad how much of it they barely wear as well 😅
Especially (I found) with your first as people give you SO MUCH that it would be nearly impossible to get more than 2/3 wears out of all the stuff you have! But if you have another then all the stuff can (potentially!) get used again, or you can hand to a friend. My friend has one boy and one girl so we get loads of her hand me downs 🙌🏻

Reactions: 1
Reading posts about those of you who are keeping hold of your baby stuff makes me happy for you all but sad for myself. A few on here may know that my little boy was conceived via NHS funded IVF. I’m only entitled to one round so we won’t be having another baby.
I am so infertile that there’s more chance of pigs flying to the moon than having a baby naturally

I sold his Moses basket & lots of other baby stuff that he’s grown out of and the lady buying them asked me ‘are you not planning on having another one then?’ Because she was a stranger I just said ‘no unfortunately not’
Deep down I wanted to say ‘mind your own business, just give me your money and get out’
🤣
I did have a little cry after at the realisation of my situation

my boy is 4 months old and I have absolutely loved every minute of it, even the sleepless nights
But I do worry that he will struggle having no siblings, but I do try and tell myself that he won’t know any different so it shouldn’t affect him too much
I had an older brother and he always looked after me, he still does, and over the years we’ve made some amazing memories with all of our family. We have such a close bond too.

anyway, not really sure of the point to this post but I guess it’s just niggling away at the back of my mind. Sorry if I’ve brought the threads mood down 😰

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.