New baby / post birth advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh good luck! We’ve got our 12 week ones tomorrow 🙈 I’m half expecting another lecture from the nurse/gp about not going back onto reliable contraception. They got dead arsey with me at 8 weeks because I said I would use condoms 🙄 and then gave me loads of patronising leaflets about contraception incase I didn’t know my options lol.
We found the 12 week ones fine, I think because they don't have the Men B jab on those ones! No fever/screaming/unsettledness for us with the 12 week ones.

That's so frustrating about their approach to contraception! With me they kept going on about how fertile I am and kept reminding me that they don't advise me to get pregnant within the next year due to having a c section :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2
Ahh baby birdette’s first holiday 🥰

I think with travel cots it is the mattress that really makes the difference, some are so thin they are barely there. No recommendations for a decent one, sadly, not come across one yet!

We have our 8 week injections today 😒
Good luck!
Had ours last Friday.
She just slept constantly after them though!

Reactions: 1
good morning mamas, i cannot tell you how HAPPY i am to be able to say weve booked a trip away! its only a couple of nights in the cotswolds but still!
can anyone recommend any decent travel cots pls? dont really want to spend over £100 if i can help it, thanks :whistle:
We’ve got a red kite one a friend gave us, didn’t expect much but it’s really decent for £30. Just need to watch the you tube for putting it up and down as there’s a knack to it x

good morning mamas, i cannot tell you how HAPPY i am to be able to say weve booked a trip away! its only a couple of nights in the cotswolds but still!
can anyone recommend any decent travel cots pls? dont really want to spend over £100 if i can help it, thanks :whistle:
I have one by Redkite it’s really good it was only £30 on Amazon can be used for them to play in as well once they can sit and play with toys, it’s really sturdy as well you just need to buy sheets for the mattress

Amazon product

My little girl is only 3 weeks but she’s so long that I think she’ll have out grown her Moses basket in a couple of weeks. I’ve got a next to me for upstairs but it’s too heavy for me to take up and down the stairs everyday. What do you all use for downstairs/daytime sleep?

Kicked partner out of bed last night to the sofa, it was so hot. Baby and me shared the bed and had the best night sleep since he was born!

How do I convince him to permanently stay on the sofa? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
My little girl is only 3 weeks but she’s so long that I think she’ll have out grown her Moses basket in a couple of weeks. I’ve got a next to me for upstairs but it’s too heavy for me to take up and down the stairs everyday. What do you all use for downstairs/daytime sleep?
I use the pram 😊

Kicked partner out of bed last night to the sofa, it was so hot. Baby and me shared the bed and had the best night sleep since he was born!

How do I convince him to permanently stay on the sofa? 😂
Just casually drop in to conversation x100 how great a sleep you had in the bed 🤣

i use the sleepyhead on the sofa, but might not work if your baby is long. Maybe a travel cot?

i use the sleepyhead on the sofa, but might not work if your baby is long. Maybe a travel cot?
We’re using the travel cot at the moment. Her bouncy chair goes sort of flat, we used that a few times and just her thick changing mat on the floor with a blanket over it too. Once her cot is in I guess we’ll be using that long term though.

We’re using the travel cot at the moment. Her bouncy chair goes sort of flat, we used that a few times and just her thick changing mat on the floor with a blanket over it too. Once her cot is in I guess we’ll be using that long term though.
We use a playmat for naps now as he’s too long for his carry cot and Moses basket, he’s always in the same room as me when he’s napping. When he’s a bit bigger I’ll just put him in his crib for naps upstairs

I’m making the most of being able to plonk him down on his changing mat in the bathroom whilst I get ready.... what are you supposed to do with babies when they start crawling and you need a shower 😂 my thoughts are an empty bath with a few toys?

We had our 12 week jabs today; he didn’t even cry! Just pulled a sad face! It’s me that gets more upset 😂 I also got reminded that I was overdue for my smear so got that booked in for the same time as the next lot of jabs, hooray 😆

Reactions: 3
I'm still on the pregnancy thread cos I've still got 5 weeks to go 😱 but thought I would get answers from people who have recently been through it!

Did any of you do the hypnobirthing? Did you find it useful if so?

I can't decide whether to go in blind or actually do the digital pack so I have some idea 😂

• Heart
I'm still on the pregnancy thread cos I've still got 5 weeks to go 😱 but thought I would get answers from people who have recently been through it!

I can't decide whether to go in blind or actually do the digital pack so I have some idea 😂
I did, to a small extent. I bought the Your Baby, Your Birth book which I found was an easy read and I enjoyed it. My other half read some too. The whole calling contractions surges, having the tea lights etc and things like that didn't really appeal to me, but the breathing side of it and the mindfulness elements were really helpful to me. I had a very long labour of about 2.5 days of contractions and I used these throughout. I'm naturally a very anxious person but was able to remember to do this, until the last night and it all went out the window :ROFLMAO: even my partner said he was surprised at how much I put these into practice!

It was also helpful to know some of the science behind the birth stages and there's a paritcular part of labour when you're progressing that I was able to recognise during it. I had an induction and then emergency c-section and I think it did make me more confident to ask certain questions about interventions, examinations etc. On the final day of the labour after weighing up the info from the doctors based on what we had asked, we decided to give the baby another 5 hours to come before going for a c-section, I don't think I'd have had the confidence to do this otherwise. We went with the medical team all the way but was good to have some knowledge behind me!

So in short, I took bits of it on, other bits weren't for us. Are you thinking of doing the positive birth company pack?

Hope the rest od your pregnancy goes well, look forward to seeing you here after following the birth of your little one!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I did, to a small extent. I bought the Your Baby, Your Birth book which I found was an easy read and I enjoyed it. My other half read some too. The whole calling contractions surges, having the tea lights etc and things like that didn't really appeal to me, but the breathing side of it and the mindfulness elements were really helpful to me. I had a very long labour of about 2.5 days of contractions and I used these throughout. I'm naturally a very anxious person but was able to remember to do this, until the last night and it all went out the window :ROFLMAO: even my partner said he was surprised at how much I put these into practice!

It was also helpful to know some of the science behind the birth stages and there's a paritcular part of labour when you're progressing that I was able to recognise during it. I had an induction and then emergency c-section and I think it did make me more confident to ask certain questions about interventions, examinations etc. On the final day of the labour after weighing up the info from the doctors based on what we had asked, we decided to give the baby another 5 hours to come before going for a c-section, I don't think I'd have had the confidence to do this otherwise. We went with the medical team all the way but was good to have some knowledge behind me!

So in short, I took bits of it on, other bits weren't for us. Are you thinking of doing the positive birth company pack?

Hope the rest od your pregnancy goes well, look forward to seeing you here after following the birth of your little one!
Thank you! Sounds like it might be useful then.
I bought the digital pack from the positive birth company a couple of months ago when it was on offer so it was only £12 rather than thr £39, so thought its not a big loss if I don't use it.
I'm in the same boat as you as in the stuff I've read about the tea lights and things isn't my style either.
I've got the attention span of a goldfish at the minute 🤣 but I'll try and get through it and who knows I'll maybe use some of it!
Can't wait to graduate to this thread 😁😁

• Heart
Thank you! Sounds like it might be useful then.
I bought the digital pack from the positive birth company a couple of months ago when it was on offer so it was only £12 rather than thr £39, so thought its not a big loss if I don't use it.
I'm in the same boat as you as in the stuff I've read about the tea lights and things isn't my style either.
I've got the attention span of a goldfish at the minute 🤣 but I'll try and get through it and who knows I'll maybe use some of it!
Can't wait to graduate to this thread 😁😁
We bought the same and tbh we got a refund after about 15%, it felt like so much info for me and I found the book much easier, though for £12 i wouldn't have been mad if we hadn't completed it! I was the same with the attention span at that stage.
I think it's what you make of it and take whatever works for you. :)
One thing I liked about that particular book is it had some exercises to do with your partner and conversation starters, like what to do about pain relief, your worries and thoughts about the birth. In the tricky parts my partner was fab at advocating for me and asking for certain things that we had discussed beforehand!

Not long to go at all!

• Heart
We bought the same and tbh we got a refund after about 15%, it felt like so much info for me and I found the book much easier, though for £12 i wouldn't have been mad if we hadn't completed it! I was the same with the attention span at that stage.
I think it's what you make of it and take whatever works for you. :)
One thing I liked about that particular book is it had some exercises to do with your partner and conversation starters, like what to do about pain relief, your worries and thoughts about the birth. In the tricky parts my partner was fab at advocating for me and asking for certain things that we had discussed beforehand!

Not long to go at all!
Thank you, I'll have a look for the book and at least I have both to fall back on I suppose!

• Heart

I downloaded the book and listened to it in the evenings.. I stopped after a few chapters as it just wasn’t for me at all! However, I know people who’ve done it and rave about it!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.