New baby and post birth advice #43 no title needed, no suggestions made

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well I think I might take a step back from here. I don't judge anyone else's parenting, yet I look back on here to find lots of people effectively telling me I'm going to cause issues and disordered eating.
As someone who grew up with disordered eating and very strict parents I am conscious to introduce these things but me and my partner also made some decisions, my eldest obviously had no idea about this stuff until 2, my youngest might get it slightly earlier as obviously he'll see his sister having it.

I'm all for having a joke on here but I just feel a bit piled on and it's not fun. None of us know exactly how our parenting is going to work out, we're all just going our best.
Some people disagreed with you, but some people also agreed with you, including myself. Not sure where you are based but in Ireland, it's the advice of the HSE (health service) to do exactly as you are doing. You stand by your decisions and have explained your reasons very well. Others will stand by their decisions and explain their side well and that's fine too. You hit the nail on the head, we are all just doing our best! There is no "one size fits all" when it comes to raising children 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Well I think I might take a step back from here. I don't judge anyone else's parenting, yet I look back on here to find lots of people effectively telling me I'm going to cause issues and disordered eating.
As someone who grew up with disordered eating and very strict parents I am conscious to introduce these things but me and my partner also made some decisions, my eldest obviously had no idea about this stuff until 2, my youngest might get it slightly earlier as obviously he'll see his sister having it.

I'm all for having a joke on here but I just feel a bit piled on and it's not fun. None of us know exactly how our parenting is going to work out, we're all just going our best.
I don’t think it was intended to be a pile on: people are just talking about what happens in their houses and why it works for them 🤷🏼‍♀️ life would be boring if we all parented the same.

In the spirit of the thread, here’s Norris with some Valentine’s Day flowers to lighten the mood

5BE2B8D3-F465-432C-8E23-23C4F74C0DE8.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

I think you opened up a discussion and people went with it, some with stronger views than others. I do think if you voice an opinion somewhere like tattle- especially one you know isn’t necessarily the norm - you have to be aware that people will disagree with you. You’ve made your choices, be confident in them. I know it’s hard to feel that way in the early years of parenting, but with experience you realise that the only opinions on your parenting that matter are yours and your children.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

I just think it was people offering their opinions.

But when you judge other parents/influencers on how they raise their children or what they feed them, you can't exactly get upset when it happens to you on a online thread. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Just because the people you comment on are influencers doesn't make it any more okay than the members of tattle.
If you're gonna give your opinion and pass judgement always be prepared to have it done back to you. 🤷🏻‍♀️
If you don't want to be judged, then stay silent when judging others.

Reactions: 4
ah lighten up, @TheBabeWithThePower - no one is judging at all. I purely didn’t post about serving main and pudding (sometimes sugar) alongside one another from the get go because I felt a bit pre-judged and a bit tit for letting my Boddler have sugar after your post. However, it really works for us and it is what it is. Life would be boring if we were all the same! You do what works for you!
Sugar do dooo, do do dooo do ahhhh honey honey!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
ah lighten up, @TheBabeWithThePower - no one is judging at all. I purely didn’t post about serving main and pudding (sometimes sugar) alongside one another from the get go because I felt a bit pre-judged and a bit tit for letting my Boddler have sugar after your post. However, it really works for us and it is what it is. Life would be boring if we were all the same! You do what works for you!
Sugar do dooo, do do dooo do ahhhh honey honey!

Serving it all together is definitely how dieticians recommend, so I think you’re doing a super job. We do it too 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 1
And the Dad dog seems to give in to the whining often. I also think it sets an unreasonable expectation for how willing to drop everything and play the dad is. Like sometimes I have to cook dinner / get ready to go out / do something, and so I can’t just drop to the floor and pretend to be a whale
Don’t worry kids can enjoy fantasy tv just like we do 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Did people buy their kids a valentines gift? Someone on fb has posted a Christmas worthy pile of gifts for her kid. I don't take parenting advice from fb but bleeping hell, is this the thing now?

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Did people buy their kids a valentines gift? Someone on fb has posted a Christmas worthy pile of gifts for her kid. I don't take parenting advice from fb but bleeping hell, is this the thing now?
No it's not a thing in our house, not even between me and my husband 😂

My husband brought Elanna a rose, but that was it

• Heart
If you mean an ill timed trip round Tesco which meant snacks for lunch instead of something substantial then yes I did 🤣

• Haha
Nah. Although I got a card made by both children sent home from nursery

Nobody piled on you, everyone gave their own experiences and opinions.
Nobody commented on your parenting, if them giving their opinion on it is commenting on your parenting, then you also commented on other people's parenting that do different to you.

It seems on Tattle, nobody is allowed to debate and disagree with each other without someone feeling attacked because their opinion differs or someone stepping in and commenting on the atmosphere or "getting back to it".
We don't all have to agree.

I don't see the issue with chocolate buttons either tbh.
Adults don't need them either, but we still eat them 🤷🏻‍♀️
@Megatron1298 just said above she restricted sugar until 2 and her child is obsessed with ice cream ect?

If you're going to act like they're superior and a "treat" then they're going to want them over fruit and veg.
If you include these things in their day to day lives, without restricting, it's no big deal.
For me it was allowing him time to develop a preference for other foods too, so yes he loves ice cream and chocolate. But if they are all served at the same time as other foods he will more often than not eat his fruit or vege fritter or whatever is for that meal at the same time if not before :) it’s what worked for us yet to see if it’ll work for our current baby as he gets older. His favourite foods are also peas, berries and he loves a good seaweed snack lol

Fwiw I don’t think @TheBabeWithThePower was judging anyone, she made a throwaway comment about a reduced sugar birthday cake and it all sort of escalated from there!
This whole debate has made me look at my own diet though, which is very lacking in moderation! It’s ok for now but before long baby will notice that my idea of fruit is lemon drizzle cake, so I need to start treating my diet with as much care as hers haha. So thank all of you for saving me from some kind of early sugar related illness!

• Heart
Fwiw I don’t think @TheBabeWithThePower was judging anyone, she made a throwaway comment about a reduced sugar birthday cake and it all sort of escalated from there!
This whole debate has made me look at my own diet though, which is very lacking in moderation! It’s ok for now but before long baby will notice that my idea of fruit is lemon drizzle cake, so I need to start treating my diet with as much care as hers haha. So thank all of you for saving me from some kind of early sugar related illness!
I always say my kids diet is better than mine haha!

@TheBabeWithThePower you follow solid starts ay? That’s where I got the info on limited sugar before 2 :)

To be fair to @TheBabeWithThePower people were telling her to let her child eat the sugary cake so that was kind of judging her imo!

Anyway noooo I did not buy my child a Valentines Day gift! I didnt even buy my other half a card this year! 😅
ETA I ddi feel like a bad mom sifting through social media this morning and seeing lots of babies in their valentines day red outfits 😅🙈

To be fair to @TheBabeWithThePower people were telling her to let her child eat the sugary cake so that was kind of judging her imo!

Anyway noooo I did not buy my child a Valentines Day gift! I didnt even buy my other half a card this year! 😅
ETA I ddi feel like a bad mom sifting through social media this morning and seeing lots of babies in their valentines day red outfits 😅🙈
To be fair, if you read some of the comments she's made on influencers & their kids, she shouldn't judge if she can't handle it herself 🤷🏻‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.