New baby and post birth advice #43 no title needed, no suggestions made

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey! Any advice would be great, I had my baby boy last Thursday, we came home on Saturday evening!
And it’s been great, I love him so much and I’m loving being a mum… however… What do you do with a 5 day old baby at night times?!
I don’t have a clue what to do…😰
My baby hates his next to me crib, I think it’s because it’s too big for him

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Hey! Any advice would be great, I had my baby boy last Thursday, we came home on Saturday evening!
And it’s been great, I love him so much and I’m loving being a mum… however… What do you do with a 5 day old baby at night times?!
Congratulations!!!! I had a tiny little baby and felt that too. I moved her into a moses basket for a while which was small and then got a Clevamama Pod insert for her next to me to make it a bit cosier. Seemed to work well.

Congratulations ❤ I think they hate anything that isn’t you 😆 I swaddled mini waka but in the day practised putting her down in the day (my mum had to remind me to put her down as I’d happily hold her all day otherwise) but remember one night having to train her how to use the Moses basket, lots of crying, pick up rock, lay back down, crying, pick up rock, lay back down and she eventually got the idea

Reactions: 1
Have a read up on the 4th trimester

Reactions: 2
Congratulations! Night times are hard work. You are exhausted, and as a society we are trained to believe babies should be able to be set in a cot and they should sleep. In reality, they miss us. They are used to being snuggled up to us, having our smell and our warmth and our movement constantly. And suddenly they don’t. And they don’t like that. As WhatABore said, have a wee read up on the fourth trimester and it will explain that this is totally normal newborn behaviour.
I coslept with all our babies, as it was the only way to get any proper sleep.

Reactions: 4
For someone who is incredibly bright he’s really stupid and makes each day harder for me when he’s trying to help. So between 18months and 2 years - awesome

• Heart
Reactions: 3
For someone who is incredibly bright he’s really stupid and makes each day harder for me when he’s trying to help. So between 18months and 2 years - awesome
Currently at the end of this stage... Still not a fan tbh 😂

Reactions: 3
I was like this, the tiredness was unreal the second time round!
See, first one reels you in. Easy pregnancy, easy baby and then you think sure, what difference would 2 make 😂 (all things considered, shouldn't complain too much as in the grand scheme of things I really do have it easy)

• Heart
They might be bright, but they’re all stupid when it comes to common sense and babies

Reactions: 5
Hi guys so obviously my baby had his vaccinations yesterday today he’s got really bad gas and is crying while passing it.. would gripe water help?

Last edited:
Hi guys so obviously my baby had his vaccinations yesterday today he’s got really bad gas and is crying will passing it.. would gripe water help?
Are you sure it's gas and not constipation? Has he pood?
It could just be he's uncomfortable with the injections. I don't particularly think gripe water helps. Have you tried a warm bath and bicycle legs?

Are you sure it's gas and not constipation? Has he pood?
It could just be he's uncomfortable with the injections. I don't particularly think gripe water helps. Have you tried a warm bath and bicycle legs?
He pooped last night, yep we actually had a nice warm bath last night as he was a bit cranky! Will try bicyle legs! Thanks

I had measles when I was little ( I got it before I was vaccinated because it was later then, I’m that old, 35 👵🏻🤣) I don’t have any proof but I think that’s why I have bad eyesight in my left eye which has caused my right eye to worsen.
My mum has a friend who refused to vaccinate both her children. Both kids are deaf and have serious learning disabilities as a result of brain swelling from measles.

My Nan had polio as a child, spent many years in leg braces and has struggled with muscle weakness and tremors her entire life.

We don’t duck about when it comes to vaccines in my house…

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Congrats! If you mean to get your baby to sleep there are many different things that will work for each baby. I would try putting a hot water bottle on the bed to warm it up (remove when you put baby in) and you can also put a piece of clothing with them so they can smell you. I used a tshirt so I could make like a proxy sheet with it. As you still want to practice safe sleep. In that theory you could even put a sheet down your top for a few hours and then put it on the bed. But as others have said, they really just don’t know where they are and want to be close to you. It’s tough!

Morning ladies! Hope everyone is well. My baby is only 4 weeks old but I’m thinking about sleep. Does anyone really rate Gina Ford/Alison Scott Wright? Right now baby is waking up every 2.5-3 hours for a feed and I’m ok with that, but in the long term…I’m intrigued HOW these books claim sleeping through the night by 9/10 weeks!! Also, ASW says split the day into 7am-7pm then baby should sleep 7pm-7am. But the nhs safety guidance is baby should sleep in your room, so do I need to sit in my room 7-7 or am I being really daft?! Is it setting up the monitor already at 9-10 weeks?!

Morning ladies! Hope everyone is well. My baby is only 4 weeks old but I’m thinking about sleep. Does anyone really rate Gina Ford/Alison Scott Wright? Right now baby is waking up every 2.5-3 hours for a feed and I’m ok with that, but in the long term…I’m intrigued HOW these books claim sleeping through the night by 9/10 weeks!! Also, ASW says split the day into 7am-7pm then baby should sleep 7pm-7am. But the nhs safety guidance is baby should sleep in your room, so do I need to sit in my room 7-7 or am I being really daft?! Is it setting up the monitor already at 9-10 weeks?!
Any book that is marketed for a better sleep baby is a con.
No two baby is the same, every child has different sleep needs.
Baby is only 4 weeks, as they get bigger they will be able to handle longer stretches, no book in the world can teach your baby this. So long as you set up the correct environment it's up to baby. So dark room, for night sleep, daylight naps for day sleep.
Every baby associates with sleep differently.

Please remember baby has spent 9 months tucked inside of you, they can't adjust in 6 weeks, 6 months it's something that comes with time.

People who sell these books pray on exhausted mums, they are not there to help.

As for sleep now, do what suits you if you want to sit in bed from 7, why not. You can have baby downstairs with you until you go up to bed say at 10pm. It all depends what works for you as a family.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.