• Still in utero, I’m reading ahead

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • The train strikes are inconveniencing me

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I’m a lurking KW

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You’re slacking guys. We even went a page over and no title suggestions.

Guide to the thread for new members:
Dress code? Pyjamas
This thread is designed to provide support. If you can’t be supportive and find something nice to say, perhaps mumsnet is a better place for you
Nothing is off topic or taboo - unless you’re bragging about milestones and you think you’re three week old can recite their times tables
Knobwaffle of the week nominations always welcome
We love a good doughnut 🍩
Thread titles tend to come from something random someone says during the chat. Please point out anything spectacularly title worthy to make sure I don’t miss it

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’ve asked so many people and they all give me varying answers so thought the experts here might know! So when does the newborn inset come out of the car seat? It’s a maxi cosi and baby hun looks squished in it!

Reactions: 2
I’ve asked so many people and they all give me varying answers so thought the experts here might know! So when does the newborn inset come out of the car seat? It’s a maxi cosi and baby hun looks squished in it!
I can only base my answer on my experience, but maybe 6-8 weeks?

Just googled it and it said 6 months, but defo not that old 😂 maxi cosi was definitely younger x

• Haha
Reactions: 1
They normally have a weight or height limit on them. We've always used cybex so but will be different, but ours have ranged from 8-13kg depending on which seat it was. Maybe try find the manufacturer's instructions online and that should confirm it.

@jackieweaver’sauthority I can honestly say none of the older kids have ever been woken by baby during the night, even if the baby is screaming in the same room, I’m changing nappies etc they sleep on soundly. It has never been a noise that disturbs my older kids.
Safe sleeping for the newborn wise, they sleep right up beside me (more often than not attached to my boob..) I make sure the covers are well pushed down and that they are far below the pillow. Naturally my body kind of curls round them so they sleep alongside my torso, my legs stop them moving down and my arm stops them moving up. I hope that makes sense!

---

Is there a foam wedge in it you can remove? I usually take that out after about 6 weeks or so if they look a bit tight, but leave the head support until much later.

---

You’re slacking guys. We even went a page over and no title suggestions.
It has definitely been a bit quiet here lately. Everyone must be off busy elsewhere. Rude.

• Heart
It varies baby to baby, so the guide can only be used as an average. But if she looks squished in it, remove it and see how she sits, ensuring all straps are correct. Which maxicosi do you have? As some you can remove the head hugger but still keep the body insert & viseversa

as others have said, it does depend on the car seat. some have the newborn insert and head thing all in one. Mine is as 1 but has poppers so you can just use the head support. My previous one didn't.
It also depends on the baby. I remove the newborn insert around 6 weeks like everyone else has said. If you can leave the head part in, then I would leave that in a little longer until they're pressed against it kind of.
In my experience.

Hi all, my little baby Carolina who was born at 34+1 is now over 6 wks old. How did that happen! Thanks to those who messaged back when I introduced myself on here (when I was having a bit of a wobble).
Baby is doing well although has reflux and the GP thinks she’s not gaining enough weight because of the amount she’s spitting up 😥
I’m trying to hold her upright a bit more after feeds but it feels like I’m then confined to the sofa constantly so I’m thinking of getting a sling. I bought a pre tied sling but it’s way too tight and hubby won’t be able to use it even if I size up.
The nearest sling library is an hour away by bus so wondered if anyone here has any suggestions? Baby is only 5lb 5oz so will need something that suits a very little one.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hi all, my little baby Carolina who was born at 34+1 is now over 6 wks old. How did that happen! Thanks to those who messaged back when I introduced myself on here (when I was having a bit of a wobble).
Baby is doing well although has reflux and the GP thinks she’s not gaining enough weight because of the amount she’s spitting up 😥
I’m trying to hold her upright a bit more after feeds but it feels like I’m then confined to the sofa constantly so I’m thinking of getting a sling. I bought a pre tied sling but it’s way too tight and hubby won’t be able to use it even if I size up.
The nearest sling library is an hour away by bus so wondered if anyone here has any suggestions? Baby is only 5lb 5oz so will need something that suits a very little one.
Your best bet would be a stretchy wrap you tie yourself. They're really easy to put on and there's so many tutorials on YouTube 😊

• Heart
Glad baby Carolina is doing well! Have you thought about a stretchy wrap, Moby or similar? Once you get the hang of putting them on, they're ideal for tiny babes. 🥰

Thank you for all the replies! I’ve just discovered that the foam wedge bit actually comes out of the insert! Baby hun already looks so much more comfortable!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
4-6 months by the skin of my teeth 😭😭 already planning the first birthday party I said I wasn't gonna do 💁‍♀️

• Haha

Baby is doing well although has reflux and the GP thinks she’s not gaining enough weight because of the amount she’s spitting up 

I have a stretchy wrap sling that baby seems to love (she's in it as I type 🥰)
I couldn't be without it now, I've found it does help with her being sick less after feeds too. I bought mine on vinted, only £10 x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
To the lady re the dog on the previous thread…. Stick to your guns!!!!!
I had two cats and my in-laws have a dog. I said to KW I don’t want the dog coming when she arrives (she’s 15mo so we’re talking a while back now)

anywayyyyy she arrived and they had to visit what felt like every 5 minutes with the dog so we had to shut the cats away. Christmas before the one we’ve just had we put them in the Cattery so we could have Xmas together (foolishly I agreed to this) and one died of pure stress. I’ll never forget that and I totally regret not standing up for myself.
My MIL is an unbareable woman though. No one ever says no to her.
So if you don’t want someone else’s dog in your house that’s that.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m pretty sure I got a cat in my pp stage so my sister wouldn’t bring her dog to ours and would stop using the ‘well no one has my dogs, so I’m not having your kids’ excuse 😂

• Haha
Urgh, people who bring their dog unexpectedly.

We went out for a meal with friends the other week, I'd booked a place that I knew was family friendly and had food that suited my dietary requirement boy and pre-arranged a high chair.
And then they brought their pissing dog, and dogs are only allowed in the bar area with the high stool tables. So we had to abandon our decent pre-booked table and squeeze in, baby had to alternate being alone in a high chair way below us (and they were the kind that don't have trays, so was a right ballache feeding him) and holding him up at the table with us while we were on stools.
They're KW's friends mainly and had come from about 40 mins away so I didn't say anything, but I was so miffed.

• Wow
  • Angry
Urgh, people who bring their dog unexpectedly.

We went out for a meal with friends the other week, I'd booked a place that I knew was family friendly and had food that suited my dietary requirement boy and pre-arranged a high chair.
And then they brought their pissing dog, and dogs are only allowed in the bar area with the high stool tables. So we had to abandon our decent pre-booked table and squeeze in, baby had to alternate being alone in a high chair way below us (and they were the kind that don't have trays, so was a right ballache feeding him) and holding him up at the table with us while we were on stools.
They're KW's friends mainly and had come from about 40 mins away so I didn't say anything, but I was so miffed.
I can’t bear people who cannot leave the dog for a few hours (sorry) but our friends and in-laws are the same. Everywhere has to be dog friendly 🙃
Maybe I should just start taking the cat everywhere 🤷🏼‍♀️😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.