New baby and post birth advice #43 no title needed, no suggestions made

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Speaking of Birthdays. Is it completely frowned upon to not have a party of the 1st birthday? 🙈
None of my kids have ever had a birthday party 😂
We all hate people tbh.

Don't see the point in 1st birthday parties. The kid knows nothing imo
---

Absolutely not, just like the others said! We are planning a little celebration with immediate family - just balloons and a cake (egg free, gluten free, reduced sugar.... Might as well just slap some berries on some cardboard and be done with it I think), very low key!
My little one is having her first actual birthday party this year, she's 4 this year. Last year for her third birthday we had a few of her closest friends round for snacks and playing in the garden.. She had a great time and didn't get overwhelmed!
Any recommendations for stuff to go in party bags?

Reactions: 3
OK great. Our 2 families are quite large so I wasn't even going to invite anyone to be honest. Just have something ourselves or go away for the day. I have a while to think about it anyway 😂

Reactions: 1
I had decided against a party, then I saw some cute themes on Pinterest, so I started looking on etsy for outfits, maybe ordered a few things.. saw the place where we do baby class had an offer on parties if you booked during January.. in one evening I'd arranged a party and bought the supplies 5m in advance for a baby who has no friends 😂 suppose I'll have to start speaking to the other mums 🙄🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I always said I didn’t want a party but now the time is edging closer I actually do 🥲🥲🥲🥲

• Heart
We did a first birthday party and it’s more for the parents as a congrats to surviving the first year type thing, and mainly just my family tbh. I love any excuse for some part food and a few bubbles 🥂

Any recommendations for stuff to go in party bags?
For a 1 year old? Hmmm... I 100% agree with bubbles, and then maybe a little healthy snack, a little toy (car, animal) and umm a bottle of something strong for the parents??!! 😂

We had a little party for baby boys 1st birthday with close family and a few of his little friends but didn't bother with party bags. I haven't ever received one at a 1st birthday either so I'm struggling here!

You’re banned
It’s ok, I know that not liking Bluey is an unpopular opinion. But I think Bluey and Bingo seem to whine constantly and often seem to resort to hitting their parents if they don’t get what they want. And the Dad dog seems to give in to the whining often. I also think it sets an unreasonable expectation for how willing to drop everything and play the dad is. Like sometimes I have to cook dinner / get ready to go out / do something, and so I can’t just drop to the floor and pretend to be a whale or whatever is happening in that particular episode.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Like the masses, I enjoy Bluey. But Bing on the other hand, Bing can eff off! He is ever so whingey.

Baby has his 12 week vaccination today… my surgery are 3 weeks behind but my question is do I give him calpol before as I read somewhere that they shouldn’t develop a fever with these ones as they don’t get the meningitis one and that’s the one that causes fever so he shouldn’t need paracetamol but I’m unsure wether this is true? Thanks 😀

OK great. Our 2 families are quite large so I wasn't even going to invite anyone to be honest. Just have something ourselves or go away for the day. I have a while to think about it anyway 😂
We took the baby out to the Sealife Centre and for a Nando’s as his birthday treat. Then had both sets of grandparents and my brother over for cake on the nearest Sunday. MIL kepy going on about wouldn’t it be good if X, Y, Z were here (my sister/SIL/other close family who all live a few hours away) and I kept thinking if the gathering would have been any bigger than what it was, I wouldn’t have done anything at all. I specifically didn’t want a party.

Baby has his 12 week vaccination today… my surgery are 3 weeks behind but my question is do I give him calpol before as I read somewhere that they shouldn’t develop a fever with these ones as they don’t get the meningitis one and that’s the one that causes fever so he shouldn’t need paracetamol but I’m unsure wether this is true? Thanks 😀
I’ve always given calpol after. As you don’t want to give a dose before you go and the jabs be delayed or cancelled when you there. The nurse should give you an information sheet with everything you need know on

Reactions: 2
After if needed.
I've never given it before either way as by the time the jabs take effect, the calpol is wearing off.

Reactions: 2
I hate party bags tbh. They are full of plastic tat that ends up broken in a landfill. We don’t do parties and party bags, but the best ones that we have received have been a book and a bag of sweets (for older kids the works sell good quiz books)
Or something like a little bag of seeds for gardening together would be nice at this time of year. A little activity to do when you get home from the party.
But always sweets.

Reactions: 9
Re first birthday - we took the twins to the zoo as their birthday treat the day before. Then had our parents, siblings, grandparents over on their birthday for cake and Prosecco 😃.

• Heart
Baby Neo had hers last week and didn’t need it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.