New baby and post birth advice #43 no title needed, no suggestions made

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Onesies is the one that made me sob! I am in a similar position to Chili’s sister Brandy as I am chronically single, have not procreated and am probably too old to do so now (41 and quite likely menopausal already). I’m secretly quite glad I have been too ill to meet my niece ( she is now three months old!) as I feel like crying every time I think about how getting married and procreating has been my lifelong dream, and it would make me too sad to see what I want but not be able to have it. So I will just stick to sending cool presents and offering support and advice to my brother and sister in law for the time being!
No hate I’m genuinely just curious, why do you comment on this thread if you don’t have a baby? Sorry if that sounds mean I really don’t intend it to be!!

I’ve put Bluey on but my baby/boddler is not arsed! Her only favourite is bloody Elmo 🫠 But me and my hubby do like to watch it 😂

No hate I’m genuinely just curious, why do you comment on this thread if you don’t have a baby? Sorry if that sounds mean I really don’t intend it to be!!
I work as a nanny and am doing a babycare course, so am interested in all the various aspects of babyhood, and can learn a lot here, as well as offer bits of advice from what I have learnt so far.
---

Oh I couldn't subject myself to watching it solo! That's next level torture 🤣
I didn't even know it existed until I had the twins. Did you just stumble upon it?
I work in childcare so had heard of it, and it seemed really good/wholesome but not cheesy or preachy. I like to know a little bit about what toys/tv shows etc are popular at the moment, and I stumbled across some videos on YouTube.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I put bluey on tonight but little cc is just not interested in tv 🤷🏼‍♀️ she watched aprox 0.5 seconds before screaming to get off my lap and wonder off.

Reactions: 3
I put bluey on tonight but little cc is just not interested in tv 🤷🏼‍♀️ she watched aprox 0.5 seconds before screaming to get off my lap and wonder off.
My kids don't really watch TV. And they've never sat down and watched anything.
Even the 4 year old doesn't sit down and watch. It's just on in the background whilst they play

Reactions: 4
Baby race made me cry too 🥺🥺 and the one where Bluey and Bingo ask for separate rooms then end up sharing a bed made me question whether I should have another kid 😂 I'm happy to base major life decisions off Bluey, those dogs have better judgment than I do.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I love Bluey, we have bought Little Cupcake a Bluey book for his birthday in a couple of weeks and my mind was blown to discover Bluey is a girl!

Peppa on the other hand is a little twit. To my absolute horror Little Cupcake’s third word was “Peppa” (after mam and dad 🙈) so now he constantly demands that Peppa is on the TV. What’s the going rate for nearly 1 year olds on eBay?!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Speaking of Birthdays. Is it completely frowned upon to not have a party of the 1st birthday? 🙈
Absolutely not, just like the others said! We are planning a little celebration with immediate family - just balloons and a cake (egg free, gluten free, reduced sugar.... Might as well just slap some berries on some cardboard and be done with it I think), very low key!
My little one is having her first actual birthday party this year, she's 4 this year. Last year for her third birthday we had a few of her closest friends round for snacks and playing in the garden.. She had a great time and didn't get overwhelmed!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Absolutely not, just like the others said! We are planning a little celebration with immediate family - just balloons and a cake (egg free, gluten free, reduced sugar.... Might as well just slap some berries on some cardboard and be done with it I think), very low key!
My little one is having her first actual birthday party this year, she's 4 this year. Last year for her third birthday we had a few of her closest friends round for snacks and playing in the garden.. She had a great time and didn't get overwhelmed!
Genuine question- why a reduced sugar birthday cake?! Isn’t the point of a birthday that it’s meant to be… well, fun?! 😂

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.