New baby and post birth advice #43 no title needed, no suggestions made

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Nayalove96 to echo what everyone else has said I wouldn’t base advice that would affect my child’s future health and well-being on what some mums have said anecdotally. I doubt either of them have backgrounds in virology to base this on. There are no scientific studies linking SIDS and vaccines (no matter what people on the anti vax thread or TilTok etc might say). As others have said it not only protects your own baby but others, with more medically complex needs.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Was it the baby race one 🥹 that got me in the feels too
I don't think I've ever watched Baby Race all the way to the end, but I caught it the other day - when Bluey starts walking in the kitchen and Bingo says 'maybe you just saw something you really wanted' and it's Bluey looking at her mum 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I don't think I've ever watched Baby Race all the way to the end, but I caught it the other day - when Bluey starts walking in the kitchen and Bingo says 'maybe you just saw something you really wanted' and it's Bluey looking at her mum 😭
Please don’t you’ll set me off again x

Reactions: 1
There's also a NICU one. Let me tell you, it had me BAWLING like a baby!
I’ve not even had a baby in nicu and it made me cry, bluey episodes are done so beautifully with adult themes for children I’m glad baby Belle likes it over cocomelon

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I tear up just thinking about Sleepytime 😂 We love Bluey but if that episode comes on I skip it, makes me too emotional!

Reactions: 2
I tear up just thinking about Sleepytime 😂 We love Bluey but if that episode comes on I skip it, makes me too emotional!
It's my 3yo's favourite episode so I've watched it a lot of times! I don't tear up at it any more but it took about 50 times of watching to get to that point 🤣 and it'll still get me if I'm feeling particularly tired or emotional.

Thank you to all of your replies about the vaccines I did some research last night and will be getting him vaccinated, I was so worried that I’d make the decision to vaccinate him and then something would happen but after reading up on it I’m no longer concerned. I knew being a mam would be hard but I didn’t realise how worked up I’d get over every single decision that comes with being a parent!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It's my 3yo's favourite episode so I've watched it a lot of times! I don't tear up at it any more but it took about 50 times of watching to get to that point 🤣 and it'll still get me if I'm feeling particularly tired or emotional.
MiniGlenCoco loves it too, the first time she watched it she cried but then when it was over she asked to watch it again 😂

Yes the baby race one! 🥹🥹🥹
Onesies is the one that made me sob! I am in a similar position to Chili’s sister Brandy as I am chronically single, have not procreated and am probably too old to do so now (41 and quite likely menopausal already). I’m secretly quite glad I have been too ill to meet my niece ( she is now three months old!) as I feel like crying every time I think about how getting married and procreating has been my lifelong dream, and it would make me too sad to see what I want but not be able to have it. So I will just stick to sending cool presents and offering support and advice to my brother and sister in law for the time being!

• Heart
Onesies is the one that made me sob! I am in a similar position to Chili’s sister Brandy as I am chronically single, have not procreated and am probably too old to do so now (41 and quite likely menopausal already). I’m secretly quite glad I have been too ill to meet my niece ( she is now three months old!) as I feel like crying every time I think about how getting married and procreating has been my lifelong dream, and it would make me too sad to see what I want but not be able to have it. So I will just stick to sending cool presents and offering support and advice to my brother and sister in law for the time being!
Oh I couldn't subject myself to watching it solo! That's next level torture 🤣
I didn't even know it existed until I had the twins. Did you just stumble upon it?

Oh I couldn't subject myself to watching it solo! That's next level torture 🤣
I didn't even know it existed until I had the twins. Did you just stumble upon it?
Same I like it but I’d never watch it without a baby 😂 (I’d rather watch gossip girl or mic)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Little munchkin is one a week today 😭 A year ago today I was hospitalised and I just can’t believe where the time has gone. I think now is the perfect time to officially graduate to big boi threads because I don’t have a new baby now 🥲

Thank you to all the angels here who have held my hand, kept me sane and rooted for my little munchkin this past year, I would have been fully lost without you. Love you to infinity and beyond 😘

Good luck to the new mamas joining! Best journey you’ll ever go on honestly you’ll boss it ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.