New baby and post birth advice #43 no title needed, no suggestions made

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was in baby group the other day and one of the girls said that2 babies from where I live died days after their injections and that it was linked to SIDS. I haven’t done any research as I didn’t want to scare myself I’d rather other mums give their experience/ opinions and I’ll Google later on. I really hope that it isn’t linked as I would like him to have them! Just so hard knowing what to do as I worry somuch More than I ever thought I would
Having your child vaccinated protects not only your child, but my medically complex child and many others from catching an unnecessary childhood illness that has been irradicated and saves their life.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I was in baby group the other day and one of the girls said that2 babies from where I live died days after their injections and that it was linked to SIDS. I haven’t done any research as I didn’t want to scare myself I’d rather other mums give their experience/ opinions and I’ll Google later on. I really hope that it isn’t linked as I would like him to have them! Just so hard knowing what to do as I worry somuch More than I ever thought I would
Vaccines have been scientifically proven to prevent serious illnesses and death in children. Please don't listen to people who are just trying to make you scared and are actively trying to make the world an unsafer place for children.
Kitten had all her vaccines and is still very much alive and kicking.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
There is no known link to SIDS. There is a link between children dying of preventable illnesses if they’re not vaccinated. The lullaby trust are very clear that vaccinating your child is a good idea
Polio returned in London due to children not being vaccinated post covid. I find that terrifying, as a now preventable disease that 1000s would have once died from.
But you should do what you believe is right - I believe children should be vaccinated and my 2 eldest are. Baby will be when he’s old enough. X

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I watched a heartbreaking documentary once with people in India who had declined the polio vaccine for their children queuing up in the vaccine queues with their now disabled children who’d gone on to contract the illness. Hoping they could retrospectively change their mind and all would be fine. Which obviously they couldn’t. The look on their faces was harrowing.

It breaks my mum heart enough when he’s got the usual garden variety illnesses. I couldn’t live with myself if he was permanently disabled or worse from something I could have stopped him contracting. Blindness, paralysis, infertility, pain, scarring, loss of function and more are all things I don’t want for him. No way.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m probably going to regret this question 😂 but has anyone not had their kids vaccinated and why? I don’t know what to do, I want him to have them but I’m so scared that it apparently has links to cot death! Not sure what to do so would like peoples opinions on both sides! No right or wrong answer x
If you can find any scientific research which shows a link to SIDS, then take that seriously. Not the word of two mums at a baby group. Vaccines save millions of children around the world each year. The only negative press was the supposed link to autism which has been thoroughly debunked. Science says they are safe and knows a duck ton more than two random scaremongers at a baby group.
I honestly can not understand why anyone would take the risk and not get their children vaccinated. When we are lucky to have access to life saving care for FREE we should be so grateful.
And anecdotal evidence of what happens with vaccines shouldn’t be taken in to account, when millions (billions?) of babies round the world have had them and are safe each year, that scientific evidence is not overridden by one person saying something may have happened because of vaccines.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I’m probably going to regret this question 😂 but has anyone not had their kids vaccinated and why? I don’t know what to do, I want him to have them but I’m so scared that it apparently has links to cot death! Not sure what to do so would like peoples opinions on both sides! No right or wrong answer x
There was a study back in May last year that something in a persons blood can be linked to the higher risk of SIDS - among unsafe sleeping, smoking around your baby etc.
I’d maybe take this article to those women at the baby group and look for evidence of vaccines causing those babies to pass away rather than blaming vaccines that are designed to keep your baby and my baby safe.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
That, in the nicest possible way, is a load of tit

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Science > scaremongering

I would also ask those mums for their Drs / science credentials, or at the bare minimum to cite their sources.

& 1 million % what @Definitelyme said, as well as everyone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
If you want to make potentially life changing medical decisions for your baby based on the advice of two random strangers from baby group, go for it. But as @I’mThankyou_ said, it’s not just your baby you’re putting at risk.

There’s no research whatsoever that links vaccines to SIDS but if you want to Google the potential complications of measles, you’ll probably find that there absolutely is a right answer.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
There was a 30% decline in childrens up to first year vaccine uptake in my area last year and the GP said it’s likely that there’s going to be some sort of horrific outbreak the way it’s going (particularly with covid/superbugs which we’ve all seen this last year). It’s up to you what you decide, but sadly your little one doesn’t have the voice to ask.

I know of someone who wasn’t vaccinated and got very sick and as a result became infertile and he will never forgive his parents.

There are very rare side effects from vaccines (like anything!), but the amount of children, you and me including are still here and well!

I’m allergic to some vaccines and I will still sit in hospital for 12 hours to have them😂

Reactions: 8
This is going to come across very harsh.
But the only wrong answer here is no.

Small pox has been almost eradicated in this country thanks to vaccines.
Have you seen the effects caused by catching polio? There's still a man living in an iron lung. The effects of measles mumps?

Watching your child fight for their life on a ventilator because they've caught an illness that could be lessened by a vaccine is the single most traumatising thing in the world, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

If you have access to free health care to prevent these kinds of infections, take the opportunity. There are families in 3rd world countries who could only dream of this kind of access to health care to stop their children going through unnecessary and life changing complications through catching these illnesses.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
This is going to come across very harsh.
But the only wrong answer here is no.

Small pox has been almost eradicated in this country thanks to vaccines.
Have you seen the effects caused by catching polio? There's still a man living in an iron lung. The effects of measles mumps?

Watching your child fight for their life on a ventilator because they've caught an illness that could be lessened by a vaccine is the single most traumatising thing in the world, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

If you have access to free health care to prevent these kids of infections, take the opportunity. There are families in 3rd world countries who could only dream of this kind of access to health care to stop their children going through unnecessary and life changing complications through catching these illnesses.
We are so lucky to get our kids vaccinated for FREE. To keep them alive. To keep children who are unable to get vaccines alive.
I had to give my kids the polio vaccine last year because it has come back. Something I didn’t want to put them through, but had to because I do not want them getting ill.
Vaccines are so important, and the fact there has been a 30% decline is worrying

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.