New baby and post birth advice #43 no title needed, no suggestions made

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Asked Mr B to get me some today and he didn’t read my message. I nearly cried. M&ms are NOT the same
I’ve been told if I don’t buy anymore Easter chocolate so mini eggs anything before Easter I can have a big ol’ fancy Easter egg (we never do chocolate eggs) and I don’t know if I can commit tbh or whether I replace mini eggs with every other chocolate Tesco sell 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Has anyone got any tips for a calpol refuser? He spits it all out. Like who does that 🤣
Same problem here. Even if I manage to get it down her she coughs and splutters and fights it so much she is sick 🥲 only thing I’ve found that works is putting it in yoghurt (not the quickest process though) but baby Blair is too young isn’t he? Have you tried the bottle teat or mixing in his milk, or even a spoon? I think the syringe goes a bit quick sometimes like jerky. I did buy a cherry paracetamol from the chemist when she was poorly last time to try in case it was the flavour but we ended up not needing it! X

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Has anyone got any tips for a calpol refuser? He spits it all out. Like who does that 🤣
I’ve always found if I aim it at the back of her cheek rather than straight down her throat she doesn’t spit it back out, whereas if I just do it normally she’ll spit it out 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
@Blair-Waldorf Sounds odd but have you tried blowing on him once it's in his mouth to get him to swallow? Somehow seems to work!
Yes! Take his breath away so he swallows. I have done this plenty of times. And the calpol in the teat. Mine have automatically sucked the teat And taken the meds. Even the ones that hated taking it.
I have also done this with gripe water 😏

• Heart
Thanks girls I’ll try the cheek, spoon and blowing (god that sounds terribly wrong 🤪🤪🤪🤪) hacks and let you know how we get on

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Thanks girls I’ll try the cheek, spoon and blowing (god that sounds terribly wrong 🤪🤪🤪🤪) hacks and let you know how we get on
Does he take a dummy? I tend to shoot a bit into the back of the throat, dummy in, trick him into thinking tit all has happened, repeat for the whole dose 😂 and neither of mine will touch the sugar/colour free one, immediately rejected 🫣

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Medicine dummy has always worked for us as it takes it straight to the back of their mouths. Or shooting it in and rubbing their nose to make them swallow

• Heart
I’m probably going to regret this question 😂 but has anyone not had their kids vaccinated and why? I don’t know what to do, I want him to have them but I’m so scared that it apparently has links to cot death! Not sure what to do so would like peoples opinions on both sides! No right or wrong answer x

it apparently has links to cot death
Did you read this in a scientific research article or hear it through the grapevine? I have never heard of this. We have 2 lots of vaccines done, 3 to go. Apart from the initial pain of getting the injection and a small lump on her leg at the site, we haven't experienced any side effects so far.

Reactions: 9
Did you read this in a scientific research article or hear it through the grapevine? I have never heard of this. We have 2 lots of vaccines done, 3 to go. Apart from the initial pain of getting the injection and a small lump on her leg at the site, we haven't experienced any side effects so far.
I was in baby group the other day and one of the girls said that2 babies from where I live died days after their injections and that it was linked to SIDS. I haven’t done any research as I didn’t want to scare myself I’d rather other mums give their experience/ opinions and I’ll Google later on. I really hope that it isn’t linked as I would like him to have them! Just so hard knowing what to do as I worry somuch More than I ever thought I would

@Nayalove96 I know, it's so hard to constantly double and triple guess yourself into what is the right thing for them.

I guess in my eyes there are always potential side effects with a vaccine (although I'm still very sceptical about sids being one). But I just thought the chances of getting one of the things protected against would be higher if not vaccinated and could cause more potential harm without a vaccine. I didn't research too much to be honest. Only you can make the call! 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m probably going to regret this question 😂 but has anyone not had their kids vaccinated and why? I don’t know what to do, I want him to have them but I’m so scared that it apparently has links to cot death! Not sure what to do so would like peoples opinions on both sides! No right or wrong answer x
There is no known link to SIDS. There is a link between children dying of preventable illnesses if they’re not vaccinated. The lullaby trust are very clear that vaccinating your child is a good idea

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.