New baby and post birth advice #43 no title needed, no suggestions made

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No, we are United in hatred of the 4-6ish month stage!
---

Nothing you can do for a viral rash, they usually disappear quickly enough. Not sure why the dr equated a viral rash (as the name suggests caused by some sort of virus) and teething? Teething isn’t a virus and so how could it cause a viral rash?
But either way, my experience is they don’t last long at all. Hope she feels better soon x
I must admit I thought the same! Is it viral or teething!?
She does seem a bit better this morning so will just have to keep an eye. Thank you xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
The time between crawling and discovering the cat food & water was way too short.

—-

I found the 4-7 month stage so deeply difficult, but she hit 7 months and started crawling last week and it all seems so much easier (famous last words). I can plop her in the kitchen and she’ll crawl around while I get stuff finished. Before I’d leave her on the mat and she’d get upset because I was in a different room or I’d be worrying because I couldn’t see what she was getting up/in to.
For me 3/4m was awful. Since she's been 5m she's been great, and now she's 7m I love this age! I think 5m got easier cos that's when she fit in the jumperoo 😂😂 before that she was on me constantly, I felt liberated, bought one for upstairs too 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So I’m in for a long night as Baby Runner is miserable after their jabs. So in the interest of starting conversation and keeping me entertained…

What inspired your username? Mines simple… I like running 😂 and at the time I was reading a book with the same title about ultra marathon runners.
Screenshot_20230212-080317.png

I was pregnant and I'd just watched this.

Reactions: 5
So I’m in for a long night as Baby Runner is miserable after their jabs. So in the interest of starting conversation and keeping me entertained…

What inspired your username? Mines simple… I like running 😂 and at the time I was reading a book with the same title about ultra marathon runners.
Mine is one of my many many nicknames with a woo on the end for good measure!

is this common or normal or who’s experienced something similar? Baby bluebird just won’t nap for very long or at all on the days I have her (sat -mon). Sleeps like a champ at daycare, some days up to 4 hours. Yesterday was a 20-minute nap in the morning and then 40 early afternoon.

is this common or normal or who’s experienced something similar? Baby bluebird just won’t nap for very long or at all on the days I have her (sat -mon). Sleeps like a champ at daycare, some days up to 4 hours. Yesterday was a 20-minute nap in the morning and then 40 early afternoon.
Baby Rita has always been a short napper. Usually 30 mins on the dot, very occasionally will go a bit longer on the first nap of the day

What age is Baby Bluebird? My little one wad the exact same. I was advised to stall before lifting her out of bed after a nap. After a few minutes she started falling back asleep. I also put her in her sleep suit she wears to bed and making the room dark so she knows it's sleep time. As she got a bit older too her naps started getting longer.

Mini Waka was a 30 min napper to the dot. She can now go up to 2 hours at 17 months old. No idea why

Thanks! She’s 7 months, just, and will have up to 4 hours spread over 2 naps at daycare. I usually delay picking her up, but it’s clear she’s awake and won’t go back to sleep as she’s crying. But even getting her down for a nap is proving to be difficult.
This morning, for example, kept signaling she was tired so I did all of my usual things to put her down. Way too much time went by, like 39 minutes, and then it was close to eating time. She fell asleep on the boob and the moment I went to put her in her bed, wide effing awake and there was no going back to sleep.
She does have a daytime and nighttime sleep sack so maybe I’ll try the nighttime one.
I’m wondering if it’s just that she’s excited to be home with me and crawling and exploring that she’s struggling to settle.

I’ve also tried keeping to the same schedule they have at daycare too and it works 50% of the time. I know she can nap; she just won’t nap at home.

7 months here too and only ever get 30 mins out of her in the cot yet in her pram will nap for over an hour. Sleeps well at night so I know she can connect sleep cycles but 30 mins seems normal. I have a couple friends with babies the same age and were all having 30 min naps, I read somewhere they get longer at 6m but that was a lie 😂

Reactions: 2
The kid is literally down to about 3 things he will eat now. I'm at a loss, he won't even try anything else he literally screws his face up and refuses. He still loves fruit though which I'm grateful for, and he will happily devour snacks, of course!!!!

I don't know what to do. I don't want him to go to bed hungry, but I also don't want him thinking I will make numerous different dinners if he turns his nose up.

Any suggestions? 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 3
The kid is literally down to about 3 things he will eat now. I'm at a loss, he won't even try anything else he literally screws his face up and refuses. He still loves fruit though which I'm grateful for, and he will happily devour snacks, of course!!!!

I don't know what to do. I don't want him to go to bed hungry, but I also don't want him thinking I will make numerous different dinners if he turns his nose up.

Any suggestions? 🙈
How old are they? Mine have both had phases like that.
Offer one of his ‘safe foods’ on every plate, and add new/different things with it. Apparently kids have to be exposed to foods so many times before they eat it. And persevere 😬

When will this feeding strike end???? Over a week now every feed time has been a battle, I know he’s teething but I’ve never seen him so distressed after an ounce before 🫠

• Heart

Any suggestions? 🙈
I always do dinner and then a ‘boring’ alternative if they don’t like what’s served. Usually weetabix, as it’s something both kids eat, or plain toast. Because I don’t want them to go to bed hungry like you say 🤷🏼‍♀️

Any suggestions? 🙈
We also do safe foods with dinner - for us that is almost always bread, fruit or raw vegetables. Keep offering lots of nutritious foods at meal and snack times. Try to think of snacks as mini meals, so I offer a carb, a protein source and a fruit/veg. That way if he enjoys snacks you know he’s getting a good “meal” then.

Reactions: 4
When will this feeding strike end???? Over a week now every feed time has been a battle, I know he’s teething but I’ve never seen him so distressed after an ounce before 🫠
It’s so hard isn’t it. Mini Waka was the same, I used to get so stressed if she’d have enough milk. We even took to feed her in her bumbo at one point as she would just be totally silly feeding on us and I just wanted to make sure she had enough milk. Here are some great dietians I follow on Instagram if you wanted to check out their pages at all

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 2
It’s so hard isn’t it. Mini Waka was the same, I used to get so stressed if she’d have enough milk. We even took to feed her in her bumbo at one point as she would just be totally silly feeding on us and I just wanted to make sure she had enough milk. Here are some great dietians I follow on Instagram if you wanted to check out their pages at all
Your username is on there if you’re bothered xx

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.