New baby and post birth advice #41 Trigger warning: Soup

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you šŸ˜Š I know that in a month Iā€™ll probably be enjoying it, itā€™s just that the sleep deprivation is hitting hard at the moment šŸ¤£ currently getting no pay at all though so money will soften the blow! I know, I remember being due around the same time back on the pregnancy thread, how has it almost been a year šŸ„ŗ
How are our babies approaching 1!! Madness!! We are also suffering with sleep at the minute šŸ„“ hope it improves soon for us both !

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Our ball pit was shoved into babys room to make room for the Christmas tree. Itā€™s still in the room, but the balls are bleeping everywhere. Selling it on marketplace soon

*the ball pit. Not the baby. Althoughā€¦

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I'm not quite back to work yet like some of you ladies (good luck to everyone back this week!) but I am starting KIT days this week, starting off with just half a day per week and then I'll increase it until I go back properly at the beginning of March. I've never been apart from baby for more than 2 hours so it's going to be a bit of a shock to the system!

Still, can't be weirder than going back to work in the middle of the first lockdown with my eldest before childcare bubbles had been allowed and when I hadn't been apart from her for more than the time it took to take a shower for months!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Do not blame me if you get pregnant again! In the words of @jackolantern keep your knickers on! šŸ¤£

Weā€™re going to West Midlands safari park itā€™s like a joint birthday for us all cause weā€™re big ages/first birthday and itā€™s so expensive šŸ˜‚
This rompers so cute!
Iā€™ve given up, youā€™re all slags destined to have your own football teams and never sleep again babe x šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I feel you! I don't know where abouts in Essex you are but if I can figure out how to message you there's one local to me which is highly recommended and where I will be taking boysie when he grows a bit more hair!

ETA: Err, did I imagine the fact you could message people on here? I must be losing my mind!!
You used to be able to! Iā€™m in north London but very close to m25

• Heart
Put a pool noodle in a dark colour under your sofa to act like a barrier (This assumes your sofas are low ish to the ground though)

Guys wtf is a crimpit?! Off to google
Itā€™s too highā€¦ new sofa arrives in march though, number 1 requirement was no gap underneath. Between the baby and the dog, thereā€™s a whole ecosystem living under there šŸ™ˆ

Also! Baby o was crawling around my ankles earlier going ā€˜mumumumumumuā€™ šŸ˜­ I donā€™t think she actually knows sheā€™s on about me but still!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
You used to be able to! Iā€™m in north London but very close to m25
So we were talking about the same ikea! Little fidgets in Loughton. I'm not aware of the price but I've heard really good things x

So we were talking about the same ikea! Little fidgets in Loughton. I'm not aware of the price but I've heard really good things x
Thatā€™s the Ā£30 one šŸ˜‚ it does look pretty awesome in there though. But obvs having to pay double I canā€™t justify that šŸ˜…šŸ˜…

• Wow
Does anybody have any good recs for a car seat for grandparents car? It would have very little use so really don't want to spend much but it will be used about 10 mins 4 days a week max.

We were going to use 5yos old joie 360 but got it out the loft to fit it in MILs car and its covered in mould šŸ¤¢

Does anybody have any good recs for a car seat for grandparents car? It would have very little use so really don't want to spend much but it will be used about 10 mins 4 days a week max.

We were going to use 5yos old joie 360 but got it out the loft to fit it in MILs car and its covered in mould šŸ¤¢
Joie Tilt is currently 89.99 in Smyths. Couldn't recommend it more

Reactions: 3

Grandparents here got one on FB marketplace, it was a great price

Stupid decisions were made last night, I went out for brunch at midday and didnā€™t get home until 3am this morning. Iā€™m too old for this, the hangover has been absolutely brutal but in a wild turn of events Mr G has actually been amazing and done everything today with Baby G so that I can chill out and die in peace šŸ™ŒšŸ¼

@stardust1 just wanted to say my baby is the same age as yours and sheā€™s only just starting to take independent steps. Weā€™ve been doing lots of holding her hands and walking her around to try and encourage her. Iā€™ve been stressing about it recently because we have close friends with babies the same age who have been walking for ages! Itā€™s really difficult to not to compare, but itā€™s true when they say theyā€™ll do things when theyā€™re ready x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Thatā€™s the Ā£30 one šŸ˜‚ it does look pretty awesome in there though. But obvs having to pay double I canā€™t justify that šŸ˜…šŸ˜…
Noooo!!! You're joking? Is it really? Oh wow! We won't be going there then!x

Is there anything more annoying than a KW giving you ā€œadviceā€ on how to do something you do several times a day that he does about once every week????? Please duck off

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.