New baby and post birth advice #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My toddler has had a bug and was vomiting 2 days ago, I’ve just started being sick now 😩 wish me luck for caring for both tomorrow..:sick: god I hate nursery they catch EVERYTHING

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Baby ‘sleeps’ in basket but thrashes constantly which means I hang over the basket to make sure she doesn’t wake. Nanit tells me I helped her 13 times from 2-5am 🥱
I hope no one watches our footage as my tits are swinging and bare ass is out as I turn back and forth helping her 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m having the baby thrashing problem too! After her 3am feed this morning she fell asleep on me, I left her for about 20 mins before putting her in the next to me (putting her down too quickly always means she brings milk back up). She was settled for about 10 mins and after that was thrashing around and grunting to the point where she kept waking herself up.

I’ve been laid awake next to her trying to settle her but it only works for what feels like minutes before she starts thrashing about again. Before I knew it two hours had passed and it was time for her next feed. She’s currently asleep on me after it so I’m working up the courage to put her back in her bed to start the whole bloody cycle again 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m having the baby thrashing problem too! After her 3am feed this morning she fell asleep on me, I left her for about 20 mins before putting her in the next to me (putting her down too quickly always means she brings milk back up). She was settled for about 10 mins and after that was thrashing around and grunting to the point where she kept waking herself up.

I’ve been laid awake next to her trying to settle her but it only works for what feels like minutes before she starts thrashing about again. Before I knew it two hours had passed and it was time for her next feed. She’s currently asleep on me after it so I’m working up the courage to put her back in her bed to start the whole bloody cycle again 😩
Same! My monitor told me I attended to her basically every two mins. How old is your little one? Mine is 7 weeks. Hopefully they grow out of it?!? I’ve been awake since 5:30 with her think I need to give up and start the day lol she’s kicking, yawning, farting, grunting away in the basket wide awake

• Heart
Baby has slept through the night the past 8 weeks and now he's up at 4am
Someone hold me
I'm having this currently 😂
She's been sleeping most of the night since around then. The odd weeks she's woken up once around 4/5am.
Buuut this week, she's woken up every 3 hours wanting a bottle 😑😂 and then thinks 4.30/5am is get up time 😂

Hope everyone is alright and your little ones are doing ok!
there is so much hand foot & mouth going around my friends/family circle, so far we’ve been lucky to dodge it but I just know it’s bound to catch up with us! Not entirely sure what I’m looking for, is it blisters just in the hands and around the mouth? My neice has it but only has blisters on her back & tummy and no where else🥴. I want to be vigilant!
P.S - been letting baby sleep in his big boy cot in his own room & the past two nights I’ve slept through him waking up, luckily his dad wakes up and sees to him but when I wake up I feel so awful. I have the portable monitor next to my bed but It doesn’t wake me up & also I have an app on my phone so that’s on loud & yet I still don’t hear him wake up. I must be in a deep sleep 😓
Hubby said he doesn’t like waking me up to help see to him cause it’s clear I’m tired as I’ve had a lot on recently. I wish we could take it in turns to make it fair, but I genuinely don’t wake up! It’s worrying me abit tbh.
Your husband is right. If you sleep through it and he wakes, then you need some sleep and he is obviously happy to see to your little boy. I know it’s hard, I find it very difficult to not be in charge of 100% of baby care, but do remember you are both parents and it’s just as valid that he would get up at night. And trust me, men don’t feel guilty for sleeping through it, so we shouldn’t either!
Luckily we’ve always escaped hand foot and mouth so hopefully you do too

Reactions: 6
Same! My monitor told me I attended to her basically every two mins. How old is your little one? Mine is 7 weeks. Hopefully they grow out of it?!? I’ve been awake since 5:30 with her think I need to give up and start the day lol she’s kicking, yawning, farting, grunting away in the basket wide awake
Mine is 3 weeks. Why do they not understand how good sleep is 😂

Mine is sleeping now after a feed. And I’m too awake to think about going back to sleep - currently looking up the best concealer for dark circles under eyes!

• Heart
Baby dropped at nursery for a few hours after his week off last week..felt like the first time all over again!

• Heart

Mine is sleeping now after a feed. And I’m too awake to think about going back to sleep - currently looking up the best concealer for dark circles under eyes!
I laid in bed considering tear through fillers for my bags!
They’ll learn their new little bodies im sure of it! And we’ll have no transitioning out of swaddling 🤩 I’m nap trapped at the moment, she absolutely refuses to be put down in the day, I’m choosing my battles 🤣

Reactions: 1
I shouldn't laugh, but Twin 1 has just let out the most chilling ear piercing scream, followed by the biggest trump and then a massive "ahhhhh".

Best go and clean up the mess shes left me 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

Becca eye brightener under your concealer! That and the face spray fake tan from superdrug are the key products to take me from zombie film extra to passable human 😂

Reactions: 2
I laid in bed considering tear through fillers for my bags!
They’ll learn their new little bodies im sure of it! And we’ll have no transitioning out of swaddling 🤩 I’m nap trapped at the moment, she absolutely refuses to be put down in the day, I’m choosing my battles 🤣
Do we have the same baby 😂 mine won’t be put down in the day either - if she’s in a deep sleep I can maybe get her in her Moses basket for 5 mins before she realises where she is and wakes up again!

Becca eye brightener under your concealer! That and the face spray fake tan from superdrug are the key products to take me from zombie film extra to passable human 😂
Going straight online for these! Feel/look like the walking dead at the moment 😂

• Haha
Oh bloody hell, I’m taking baba to nursery at 2pm for an introductory session where I stay with him and he’s not napped yet 😳😳 they’re gonna think he’s the devil hahahaaha praying he drops off but he’s not having any of it 😂

Update: he’s asleep, hooray!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Hey everyone hope you are all doing well? Odd question but has anyone had a second degree tear and found that straddling hurts a lot sorry if this is tmi we are yet to do the deed yet (I was just giving him a kiss) but I’m really worried about how it feel like will it ever not hurt me ☹ When did everyone get a period too I can’t have any contraception until I’ve had one I’m also still getting really intense night sweats x

• Heart
Hey everyone hope you are all doing well? Odd question but has anyone had a second degree tear and found that straddling hurts a lot sorry if this is tmi we are yet to do the deed yet (I was just giving him a kiss) but I’m really worried about how it feel like will it ever not hurt me ☹ When did everyone get a period too I can’t have any contraception until I’ve had one I’m also still getting really intense night sweats x
I had a third degree tear with my 1st and it took me about 8 months to have the confidence to even attempt the deed, i also got my period back with my first when he was around 6/7months old. X

Reactions: 1
3rd degree tear with my first. Took us around 8/9 months to do the deed again. I didn’t breastfeed my first and got my period back around 12 weeks x

I wish my baby would sleep at night (in her crib and not on me) 😴 🥱
Same boat!

Hello! Has anyone tried cranial osteopathy for c section babies? My 3 month old is an absolute misery 😩 he cries at everything, the smallest inconvenience he loses his tit. I just feel at a bit of a loss and have ruled out other reasons for the crying (it’s not CMPA/reflux etc)…my first baby did not cry this much and Some days it feels like I’m actually in hell. Doesn’t sleep at night and doesn’t want to nap in the day…halp 😂

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.