Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bwacac

Chatty Member
My grandson is home ♥♥♥ He came off the ventilator on Sunday after being on it for exactly one week, they had oxygen, a nebuliser and cpap on standby when they took him off but he didn’t need any of it. He was transferred back to our local childrens ward on Monday morning and then discharged home to his mammy and daddy yesterday afternoon. I drove straight up there and can’t tell you how amazing it was to have my daughter and grandson in my arms 🥰🥰🥰 we both just sobbed. He has a way to go in his recovery to full health, he’s lost so much weight and is very weak but to see his little smile and eyes light up when he saw me was magical. Yesterday felt like Christmas! Now to get my daughter on the mend as emotionally she is feeling very fragile understandably as she spent more than a week watching her baby fight for his life. I’ve got a few agencies I can contact for her as her HV was worse than useless saying sorry I don’t know what I can do to support you, I imagine the hospital sent you home with some leaflets!!! Wtf??? So together my daughter and I will muddle through it and get her strong again. She’s comforted by the fact her baby will never remember any of this. Thank you to everyone on here who left supportive comments. It really meant a lot ♥♥♥

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Hey all, I was in the pregnancy thread a while, but took a bit of a step back due to really bad pregnancy anxiety, but my little guy was born yesterday on his due date!!! Thought I’d join in here a bit 🙂 congrats on all the babies! This is my second but I feel like I’ve already forgotten everything 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Thanks everyone, just feel like I'm drowning and that I'm an awful mum. My little boy (2 next week) has not taken well to being a big brother he used to be such a good sleeper now he's screaming at bedtime/nap time waking up at 4am (I get up at 3.30 to feed the baby) so then I'm up for the day I feel absolutely shattered and that I'm constantly telling him off, he sometimes tries to hit her aswel.

I feel like I can't get the baby into a routine because my boys routine is all over the place at the moment, my husband works shift work so I'm on my own most of the time feel like I've lost my identity it's so hard.

I don't think I'm over her birth either was the worst experience of my life, watching her being resusicated and not knowing if she was going to make it has really messed with my head.

Don't want to talk to friends/fam as I don't want to be the Debbie Downer.

Sorry for the long post just feel so alone. I've text the health visitor but she ignored me so I text the other one and she has also ignored me, I'm sure things will get better

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17

Bwacac

Chatty Member
@Bwacac how is your grandson doing? x
Thank you for asking. There is no change unfortunately. He’s critical but stable. They tried to take him off the ventilator Thursday but he couldn’t breathe on his own so he had to be put straight back on it. We are all utterly distraught that he’s not improving its a watch and wait situation that is breaking our hearts. He’s in a coma and all my daughter can do is sit and look at him. I’m hopefully seeing her later today and I can’t wait to hold her in my arms because my heart is so broken for her 💔💔💔

• Heart
Reactions: 16

WhatABore

VIP Member
So last night was Everleighs first night in her own room. It went fine and she slept 6.30pm to 6.45am. So can't complain at all. She's such a light sleeper and I think any movement I made was making her wake up.

However, it also meant the first night of my partner being back in bed 😑
After he's slept on the sofa for 4 or 5 months now because he doesn't go sleep until 2/3am.

Took me ages to get to sleep anyway, I'd been in bed since 9.30 and had to put my blindfold on because he's got the TV on..drifted off around midnight and get woken up to the bed shaking. Me thinking the obvious and thinking geez. If he's that desperate. He can f**k off somewhere else.
But no. I lift my blindfold. Look over, and he's there aggressively stirring a bowl of ice cream... 😑
He was like "I bought neopolitan so I want the flavours together"
😑 Fml.
Pull my blindfold down and I go back to trying to sleep with him stirring away.
Then get woken up an hour later to him demolishing 3 packets of crisps.

So overall I had about 3 hours sleep because his snoring then kept waking me up.

Anyone know where I can sell him?

• Haha

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
We made it out today 🙌🏼 Went to wagamama’s, felt tense the whole time I was eating in case she cried 😂 she did, I got her out and sat her with me and she was fine. Had to feed her in the car before we went home but that was fine too.

Still feel like I’ve got a long way to go til I’m going out and about without a second thought but I’m glad we did it, have to start somewhere!

• Heart

Bwacac

Chatty Member

⚠⚠⚠I hope I’ve done the trigger warning ⚠ ok and this post doesn’t cause anyone any trauma.

I don’t post a lot on this thread but always read and some of the advice you ladies give is second to none, I’ve been reading this thread since having my 5th baby almost five months ago and im still an avid reader on the pregnancy thread.

I want to mention a topic which is very close to my heart at the moment and all over social media as it’s RSV season which is so serious for our babies if they catch it. It’s the common cold but if our babies contract it it can make them very sick very quickly, my baby had it almost 2 weeks ago, thankfully only mild and after being monitored on our local childrens ward for 2 hours we were allowed home. Thankfully she’s made a full recovery but still has an awful cough which they’ve said can last for months.

Sadly my grandson who is only 9 months old was rushed into hospital over the weekend and within a couple of hours of being there become gravely ill and was diagnosed with RSV. His condition continued to worsen and within 6 hours of being admitted to hospital was put on life support and transferred to intensive care in a nearby childrens hospital where he is fighting for his life 😢 never in my life have I ever had to witness anything so frightening despite two of my own children being in NICU after being born, this illness and his battle is a whole different level of heartache and my heart is so heavy for my daughter and her poorly poorly baby. Please people don’t let anyone kiss your baby on the face as it is so so dangerous for our precious babies.We don’t know what the coming days or weeks hold for my little grandson but please keep him in your thoughts 🙏🏽 I’m not a religious person at all but I can tell you I’ve never prayed so hard for a miracle in all my life.

Attachments

• Heart

CrimeJunkie

I’ve waited a bit to post this to make sure it isn’t a fluke and I don’t think it is so I’m ready to cry happy tears 😭 some of you might remember that I’ve been having trouble with my little girl since about 3 weeks old (she’s 11 weeks today). Silent reflux, insane amount of crying, couldn’t put her down at all during the day without her crying, being uncomfortable due to only pooing once a week and just generally being a miserable baby. Me and my partner were at our wits end and took her to a cranial osteopath who did some work on her neck and recommended we tried goats milk as it’s meant to be more gentle on their stomach. We switched to the goats milk a week ago and oh my god I have a completely different baby! She has hardly cried, we’ve had so many smiles from her every day, she is constantly cooing (cutest thing ever) and has a dirty nappy once a day 🥳🥳 I’m so relieved and feel like I can actually enjoy being a mum now🥰

@Bwacac thank you for posting and raising awareness of this. I had no idea of how serious it could be. Sending so much love to your family and praying your grandson is okay ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Bwacac

Chatty Member
⚠Update⚠
My grandson is still stable and the doctors are hoping to try him off the ventilator at some point today providing he stays as he is now. They’ve said it will be trial and error and may need other breathing support or even need to go back on it but they won’t know until they take him off unfortunately.xxx

• Heart

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Totally at the end of my tether. The baby has whined from morning til night, non stop, for a week. Nothing is making him happy. It’s so hard to listen to.
And putting him to bed is a nightmare, it always has been. All the other kids would happily take a boob and lie there beside me snuggled up, sucking themselves in to oblivion. He lies beside me and kicks, squirms, cries, scratches, latches on and off and squeaks, and generally makes the whole process miserable. No matter if it’s earlier/later or what we do, he’s a nightmare. It has always been part of the day I enjoyed with the other kids, a wee sleepy snuggle and quiet time. And it’s like torture with him.

• Heart
  • Sad

Babyyoda88

VIP Member
The baby slept all night in her crib! Waking only for feeds. Ironically I struggled to then get to sleep. But who’s replaced my baby with one who sleeps at night 😂😭

• Heart

Kitt

VIP Member
Health visitor came for 6 week check. Finn’s doing really well, she was super impressed by his development and he’s 11lb10 now. He’s doing fantastically well however she wants to come back in a month to check on me. Haven’t shared with you all but I’ve been feeling quite down and I think she could see it so she’s gonna come back to see how I’m doing. Unfortunately tiredness triggers my anxiety and makes me get down very suddenly, it was a worry of mine before he came along that I’d struggle in this aspect and it has been happening. Trying not to get that way but can’t really help it sometimes. Feel bad cause Finn’s so great that I have no real reason to be down at all.

• Heart

Babyyoda88

VIP Member
Poor baby has had her first set of needles and her tongue tie snipped. She’s currently lying on me asleep but waking up to do the occasional cry. 😢 poor thing. She’s managed to feed already without the nipple shields 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 14

OIM

Second choice syndrome here- not even sure I’ve got a coat for her! My mum is a whizz with knitting so will knit both my girls matching hats and snoods.

a little hospital update. She had 2 more seizures before lunchtime today so they’ve loaded her up with the drug that she’s just started on. It meant administering it by iv so that they could get a good dose into her to try and stabilise things. If they’ve got the dose right then her seizures should stop. I am amazed at how brilliant the nhs have been and so grateful for the care we are receiving. We are having a much better night tonight so even being in the hospital isn’t so terrible today.

• Heart

Babyyoda88

VIP Member
Today should have been my baby’s due date!! Instead we were given 9 extra weeks 🥰. We’ve celebrated by choking her with omeprazole 🙄

• Heart

Chickenandgravy

VIP Member
I'm absolutely fucking livid. My selfish cunt of a partner got too steaming and fell asleep on the couch....however this is where one if the house rabbits sleeps. And because he's fallen asleep on the couch the rabbit likes to sleep on, the rabbit is loosing his fucking mind and running about the livingroom thumping his legs SO LOUDLY. So loudly that it keeps wakening me and the baby up 🤬🤬 went down to ask my partner to come to bed and got a mouthful of abuse. Honestly men are such selfish cunts at times.

Sorry but I really needed to rant 😭 I'm so tired because the night before Hannah was awake every hour just about and I just wanted a decent sleep 😫

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13

Hushpuppy

VIP Member
Thank you again for all your advice ladies. We've had the best day since he was about 3 weeks old (5 weeks ago) he only screamed for 2 hours and has napped really well. I can't believe it. I cried happy tears for once! I'm hoping the higher dosage of the Omeprazole is starting to work but I don't want to get carried away or get my hopes up. We will see what tomorrow brings, with the GP appointment too! ❤✨

• Heart
Reactions: 13