New baby and post birth advice #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone here have any experience with the copper coil post birth? I've been feeling really nauseous the last few days and despite not having any accidents I am FREAKING that I am pregnant again 🤣🤣 anyway if I'm not I'm thinking of getting it put in cos this has scared the tit out me 🤣🤣

Can't go on the pill cos it makes me psycho 🙈

Reactions: 4
Have you seen the love to dream swaddles Basically they're a sleeping bag but allow babies to have their arms above their heads but also mimic a swaddle. My two settle in them really well.
Ooh I haven’t, going to have a look!

We gave baby her first bath this afternoon. I was so nervous but she loved it, laid there chilled out and kicking her legs. She looked so cute that I cried 🙄😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Anyone else do late night, half asleep, mid feed online shopping?
Just had an email that my h&m order is on its way. I was like...what order?! 😂😂

• Haha
Yep, at 3am I seem to of ordered Mr Thankyou some things he's been desperate for as a thank you to him for being an amazing dad. Clearly I was delirious because I want to put a fork in his eyes 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I bought 3 coats off asos the other night. They’re getting swiftly returned. I don’t need 3 coats.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I used to do this all the time and had no idea what I'd ordered!

• Haha
Have you seen the love to dream swaddles Basically they're a sleeping bag but allow babies to have their arms above their heads but also mimic a swaddle. My two settle in them really well.
I tried this but she could still flinch and woke herself up! When she pissed all over her halo swaddle one night at 4am I stood there and thought … well.. suppose we’re transitioning out of swaddles right now then 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
@Babyyoda88 the girls have their injections soon, were you able to give Baby Yoda Calpol?

Yes! She was allowed three doses every 4-6 hrs and more if still had a high temp. They’ll work out how much you can give them based on their weight 💖 smelt great, was tempted to syringe some into my own mouth…but I didn’t 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Yes! She was allowed three doses every 4-6 hrs and more of still had a high temp. They’ll work out how much you can give them based on their weight 💖 smelt great, was tempted to syringe some into my own mouth…but I didn’t 😆
I absolutely take a wee half ml every time one of mine has it. Gotta do a wee quality control test 🤣 the stuff is delicious. I don’t know why they don’t sell it in adult strength because I would take it over tablets any day!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I absolutely take a wee half ml every time one of mine has it. Gotta do a wee quality control test 🤣 the stuff is delicious. I don’t know why they don’t sell it in adult strength because I would take it over tablets any day!
They should definitely have adult Calpol

Yes! She was allowed three doses every 4-6 hrs and more if still had a high temp. They’ll work out how much you can give them based on their weight 💖 smelt great, was tempted to syringe some into my own mouth…but I didn’t 😆
Oh I always steal some calpol when the eldest has it. Far better than taking a tablet 🤣

• Haha
My eldest says she’s poorly and needs calpol at least once a day. I think I’m raising an addict!
I think all kids are addicted to it. I remember my mum storing the Pouches for my younger brother in our fridge as kids, I'd often pretend I had earache so i could have a sachet of the purple good stuff🤣

• Haha
Years ago, me and my other half (pre baby and only just started going out) bought a bottle of calpol and sat taking it turns to take a swig out the bottle. 😂

My baby is a weirdo and hates calpol.

• Haha
Years ago, me and my other half (pre baby and only just started going out) bought a bottle of calpol and sat taking it turns to take a swig out the bottle. 😂

My baby is a weirdo and hates calpol.
Mines the same this time. Absolutely hates the stuff 😂

• Haha
Yes all my babies have hated Calpol. My 3rd still isn’t keen at 3yo. I’ll have hers 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Hope everyone is alright and your little ones are doing ok!
there is so much hand foot & mouth going around my friends/family circle, so far we’ve been lucky to dodge it but I just know it’s bound to catch up with us! Not entirely sure what I’m looking for, is it blisters just in the hands and around the mouth? My neice has it but only has blisters on her back & tummy and no where else🥴. I want to be vigilant!
P.S - been letting baby sleep in his big boy cot in his own room & the past two nights I’ve slept through him waking up, luckily his dad wakes up and sees to him but when I wake up I feel so awful. I have the portable monitor next to my bed but It doesn’t wake me up & also I have an app on my phone so that’s on loud & yet I still don’t hear him wake up. I must be in a deep sleep 😓
Hubby said he doesn’t like waking me up to help see to him cause it’s clear I’m tired as I’ve had a lot on recently. I wish we could take it in turns to make it fair, but I genuinely don’t wake up! It’s worrying me abit tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Anyone here have any experience with the copper coil post birth? I've been feeling really nauseous the last few days and despite not having any accidents I am FREAKING that I am pregnant again 🤣🤣 anyway if I'm not I'm thinking of getting it put in cos this has scared the tit out me 🤣🤣

Can't go on the pill cos it makes me psycho 🙈
I had the copper one cause the mini pill ruined my skin (my skins still not right 4 years later 😡) I had a bit of cramping and it was uncomfortable after getting it fitted but it eased off after a day and a half two days. Never had any problems after that. I’m on a waiting list to get a new one after having my daughter. I have heard from other people it was very painful to have fitted but I didn’t find it painful.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.