New baby and post birth advice #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do we have the same baby šŸ˜‚ mine wonā€™t be put down in the day either - if sheā€™s in a deep sleep I can maybe get her in her Moses basket for 5 mins before she realises where she is and wakes up again!

Going straight online for these! Feel/look like the walking dead at the moment šŸ˜‚
Only issue is becca went into administration but someone's bought it over and will start selling it again, forget which brand! I also have a bobbi brown eye correcter which is good under concealer as well.

Reactions: 1
Same boat!

Hello! Has anyone tried cranial osteopathy for c section babies? My 3 month old is an absolute misery šŸ˜© he cries at everything, the smallest inconvenience he loses his tit. I just feel at a bit of a loss and have ruled out other reasons for the crying (itā€™s not CMPA/reflux etc)ā€¦my first baby did not cry this much and Some days it feels like Iā€™m actually in hell. Doesnā€™t sleep at night and doesnā€™t want to nap in the dayā€¦halp šŸ˜‚
Not either of my c section babies, but one of my others I had cranial osteopathy, a few of us have done it, and it helped reduce the crying in my house massively. How old is your baby? Itā€™s horrendously tough when life is constantly lived on the edge waiting for the screaming, and so hard to enjoy having your baby.

Hey everyone hope you are all doing well? Odd question but has anyone had a second degree tear and found that straddling hurts a lot sorry if this is tmi we are yet to do the deed yet (I was just giving him a kiss) but Iā€™m really worried about how it feel like will it ever not hurt me ā˜¹ When did everyone get a period too I canā€™t have any contraception until Iā€™ve had one Iā€™m also still getting really intense night sweats x
Straddling would have been a huge no from me after my 2nd degree tear for a good few months. It was about six before we Dtd.

Reactions: 2
3 months oldā€¦thatā€™s really good to hear thank you. Iā€™ll try anything at this point! I can live with the sleep
Being a bit rubbish for now because thatā€™s the nature of little babies but the level of crying it just intense poor thing

• Heart
Same boat!

Hello! Has anyone tried cranial osteopathy for c section babies? My 3 month old is an absolute misery šŸ˜© he cries at everything, the smallest inconvenience he loses his tit. I just feel at a bit of a loss and have ruled out other reasons for the crying (itā€™s not CMPA/reflux etc)ā€¦my first baby did not cry this much and Some days it feels like Iā€™m actually in hell. Doesnā€™t sleep at night and doesnā€™t want to nap in the dayā€¦halp šŸ˜‚
I took my LO to an osteopath for the same reason and I really noticed a difference after 4 sessions. She was born via forceps not a c section but they told me she had lots of tension in her neck from where she was pulled out so it could be the same for c section babies! She used to only sleep on one side of her head and after the first session she started sleeping on both sides and moving her neck loads more. I would definitely recommend it :)

Hey everyone hope you are all doing well? Odd question but has anyone had a second degree tear and found that straddling hurts a lot sorry if this is tmi we are yet to do the deed yet (I was just giving him a kiss) but Iā€™m really worried about how it feel like will it ever not hurt me ā˜¹ When did everyone get a period too I canā€™t have any contraception until Iā€™ve had one Iā€™m also still getting really intense night sweats x
I had a third degree tear (although they said it was a minor one as it only just reached the bum šŸ™ˆšŸ˜„) and I did the deed after 5 weeks! Surprisingly it didnā€™t hurt as much as I thought it would but I guess everyoneā€™s recovery is different. Have you spoken to the HV or anyone about the pain youā€™re having? My hospital offers physio if needed so might be worth asking.
My period came back after 10 weeks x

Reactions: 3
My best friend gave birth recently and I have a 3 month old. She named her baby almost exactly the same as my baby. Idk why it's bothering me, it's not the same but it's soo similar. Like Molly and Holly similar (not the actual names). We put so much thought into the name, and they decided a week after they were born.
Thoughts? Am I being stupid for letting it bother me?

Reactions: 3
Ladies I need some advice! Baby is 3 months old on Wednesday and for the last week or so she has been crying whenever anyone else holds her and by crying I mean the ā€˜realā€™ cry with actual tears šŸ˜” if I take her back she settles pretty much straight away and then is all smiley! She does it with both sets of grandparents which are the main people she spends time with other than me and OH. Iā€™ve been looking online at separation anxiety but everything Iā€™ve read said that usually starts later on (6 months or so)
Iā€™m at my wits end. MIL looked after her Saturday afternoon and I had to go round and pick her up after 2 hours as she wouldnā€™t stop crying and got herself in a right state. Has anyone else experienced this?

• Heart
Ladies I need some advice! Baby is 3 months old on Wednesday and for the last week or so she has been crying whenever anyone else holds her and by crying I mean the ā€˜realā€™ cry with actual tears šŸ˜” if I take her back she settles pretty much straight away and then is all smiley! She does it with both sets of grandparents which are the main people she spends time with other than me and OH. Iā€™ve been looking online at separation anxiety but everything Iā€™ve read said that usually starts later on (6 months or so)
Iā€™m at my wits end. MIL looked after her Saturday afternoon and I had to go round and pick her up after 2 hours as she wouldnā€™t stop crying and got herself in a right state. Has anyone else experienced this?
My second was like this. Tbh I donā€™t have much advice. I just stopped leaving her with anyone šŸ˜‚ she started nursery at 7 months and is absolutely fine being handed over at drop offs etc so it definitely doesnā€™t last forever.

My best friend gave birth recently and I have a 3 month old. She named her baby almost exactly the same as my baby. Idk why it's bothering me, it's not the same but it's soo similar. Like Molly and Holly similar (not the actual names). We put so much thought into the name, and they decided a week after they were born.
Thoughts? Am I being stupid for letting it bother me?
What is it thatā€™s bothering you? Is it that you feel they have copied you (to an extent)? I think names are such a contentious issue between close friends/family and especially if babies are a similar age. I was dead against using a boys name just because our neighbour used it and I didnā€™t want to ā€œcopyā€. But then my sister had chosen a name for her first that was almost identical to our nieceā€™s name (think Kate and Katie similar), but when I said ā€œoh do you not think that would be weird because of niece?ā€ She said that it had never crossed her mind. (She didnā€™t use it as she had a boy)
What Iā€™m meaning is that itā€™s possible they didnā€™t even think of your LOā€™s name when naming their own daughter, and itā€™s just coincidence. But you have every right to feel not good about it. Your feelings are 100% valid x

My niece was the same as she was born prem in height of lockdown so she wasnā€™t allowed many visitors. She couldnā€™t stand my mum šŸ™Š
We started slowly by getting her to fall asleep on me, my sister in law being in the room while she was held. She had to be firm a few times and let her cry it out when she was a little older but my mum is able to babysit her now no problem. Sheā€™ll get there x

Sheā€™s just learning that you and her are two separate beings, which means she can ā€œloseā€ you, and that doesnā€™t feel good. Not in a separation anxiety way, in a very primitive ā€œI need this to surviveā€ way. I actually think this is totally normal, to be honest. I remember with my eldest going to see my work colleagues when she was about 5 months and saying they couldnā€™t hold her as she didnā€™t like it. I imagine people think Iā€™m clingy with my babies, but they donā€™t love being passed about so I donā€™t bother doing it. And that mostly includes their dad too šŸ™ˆ

My current 6mo is only starting to take to my mum now. Heā€™ll now smile at her from across the room and seems happy to see her, but he has no desire to be held by her (my in laws live away but I imagine itā€™ll be the same when they visit). So mine have all been like this, but theyā€™ve all loved going to grandparents from a little bit older (my now 3yo started at 13 months for full days when I worked and loved it). It just takes them some time.

My daughter does it with both her grandads. If they even look at her, she won't stop screaming. She's been doing it for a few months now and she's only just hit 6 months.
She also did it around 3 months when my friend was holding her. Instantly looked at me and screamed until she was passed back

Oh no! I was hoping it would just be a short phase. One of my favourite things is seeing my parents building a bond with her and it breaks my heart that she wonā€™t even let them hold her :cry: thank you for your replies ladies

Oh no! I was hoping it would just be a short phase. One of my favourite things is seeing my parents building a bond with her and it breaks my heart that she wonā€™t even let them hold her :cry: thank you for your replies ladies
My dad would sit beside me when Iā€™m on the sofa with the baby and he chats away to him (my dad to the baby šŸ¤£) so they can still spend time together and get to know one another with her safely in your arms. Or if sheā€™s down on the floor they can sit and chat to her if sheā€™ll tolerate that. Even now at older ages my kids donā€™t always want hugs from their grandparents, sometimes they just want their space but it doesnā€™t mean there is any less love there.

My daughter does it with both her grandads. If they even look at her, she won't stop screaming. She's been doing it for a few months now and she's only just hit 6 months.
She also did it around 3 months when my friend was holding her. Instantly looked at me and screamed until she was passed back
One of my friends in particular seems to cause my babies to scream. Which is devastating for her as she ADORES babies. My kids are so anti social from the get go though šŸ™ˆ

• Haha
Tomorrow I'm going to take the plunge and phone the doctor
I can't take the worry anymore I'm convinced something is wrong with me even though part of my brain is telling me its the health anxiety
Tender points to touch on my head
Chest pains
Leg pains
And my coccyx still store
All I do is sit and Google the symptoms and it keeps coming up cancer or tumours etc
Its got to the point where I'm barely sleeping from worry

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I can't take the worry anymore I'm convinced something is wrong with me even though part of my brain is telling me its the health anxiety
Chest pains
Leg pains
All I do is sit and Google the symptoms and it keeps coming up cancer or tumours etc
Im so sorry to hear things are still so bad for you, lovely. Definitely get in touch with your doctor, and hopefully they can help you start on the path to feeling more like yourself again. X

Chest pains
Leg pains
Well done for wanting to phone the dr. I really hope you get some support. šŸ’–

Has anyone had success using gripe water?

Chest pains
Leg pains
So sorry youā€™re still struggling with this, really hope the gp will help and listen to you ā¤

What is it thatā€™s bothering you? Is it that you feel they have copied you (to an extent)? I think names are such a contentious issue between close friends/family and especially if babies are a similar age. I was dead against using a boys name just because our neighbour used it and I didnā€™t want to ā€œcopyā€. But then my sister had chosen a name for her first that was almost identical to our nieceā€™s name (think Kate and Katie similar), but when I said ā€œoh do you not think that would be weird because of niece?ā€ She said that it had never crossed her mind. (She didnā€™t use it as she had a boy)
What Iā€™m meaning is that itā€™s possible they didnā€™t even think of your LOā€™s name when naming their own daughter, and itā€™s just coincidence. But you have every right to feel not good about it. Your feelings are 100% valid x
Yeah I think it's the fact that it feels like she's copied me. I really needed to hear that, I'm kinda hoping she just didn't think of the similarity when they decided, but she has pointed out how similar sounding they are. I know they had a list of potential names and this name wasn't on it.
We spent so much time thinking of a name, especially since I'm not from the UK and we wanted a name that sounded the same in my native language and in English as my OH is from the UK. That's probably why I'm a little extra sensitive about it.
I think I just needed to vent a little.
Thank you x

• Heart
Well done for wanting to phone the dr. I really hope you get some support. šŸ’–

Has anyone had success using gripe water?
We swore by gripe water for the first 4 months. We used to give it in the evening and it was an almost instant change in her. Definitely worth trying.

• Heart
Yeah I think it's the fact that it feels like she's copied me. I really needed to hear that, I'm kinda hoping she just didn't think of the similarity when they decided, but she has pointed out how similar sounding they are. I know they had a list of potential names and this name wasn't on it.
We spent so much time thinking of a name, especially since I'm not from the UK and we wanted a name that sounded the same in my native language and in English as my OH is from the UK. That's probably why I'm a little extra sensitive about it.
I think I just needed to vent a little.
Thank you x
That doesnā€™t look great for her that the name was never on their radar šŸ™ˆ Iā€™m hoping her pointing out the similarity was maybe embarrassment on her part? Or trying to check if you were ok with it? Either way, I always tell myself no matter if itā€™s friend or family with the same/similar name that itā€™s you using it in your home most of the time, and you obviously really love the name you chose which is what matters. Such a shame that itā€™s tainted it all for you ā¤

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.