New baby and post birth advice #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We swore by gripe water for the first 4 months. We used to give it in the evening and it was an almost instant change in her. Definitely worth trying.
Thank you got some arriving today šŸ¤ž

Doing an experiment today and not giving the baby her reflux medicine to see if sheā€™s in less discomfort without it. šŸ˜¬

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hi ladies! Iā€™m not quite ready for this thread yet, 35 weeks today! I just had 2 questions, I noticed people mentioning a baby monitor that lets you know how often you see to the baby, what monitor is this/what monitors do you recommend? Iā€™d like one that has a separate hand held monitor & not just for a phone. Also, Iā€™m getting really nervous about keeping the baby warm over winter, I have a really cold house. We tried to move before I was too far along but had no luck. Downstairs is fully open plan & I just feel the heat always escapes. Looked into getting extra radiators fitted but the flooring would all need to come up potentially. Thinking about a portable heater for downstairs but Iā€™m so anxious about during the night, I was going to buy a couple of Gro Eggs for the rooms, does anyone have these & find them accurate? Thank you x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hi ladies! Iā€™m not quite ready for this thread yet, 35 weeks today! I just had 2 questions, I noticed people mentioning a baby monitor that lets you know how often you see to the baby, what monitor is this/what monitors do you recommend? Iā€™d like one that has a separate hand held monitor & not just for a phone. Also, Iā€™m getting really nervous about keeping the baby warm over winter, I have a really cold house. We tried to move before I was too far along but had no luck. Downstairs is fully open plan & I just feel the heat always escapes. Looked into getting extra radiators fitted but the flooring would all need to come up potentially. Thinking about a portable heater for downstairs but Iā€™m so anxious about during the night, I was going to buy a couple of Gro Eggs for the rooms, does anyone have these & find them accurate? Thank you x
We have the gro egg and find it accurate ā˜ŗ

Yes we had a gro egg in the past and it was very handy. Not sure about the thing youā€™ve mentioned that counts how often you go to baby, but there are lots of great video monitors out there with handheld receivers. Amazon has great ones which are cheap (Ā£35-Ā£40) and ours also tells us the temp of the room. You donā€™t need to spend loads on a monitor these days for them to be a good one.

• Heart
Yes we had a gro egg in the past and it was very handy. Not sure about the thing youā€™ve mentioned that counts how often you go to baby, but there are lots of great video monitors out there with handheld receivers. Amazon has great ones which are cheap (Ā£35-Ā£40) and ours also tells us the temp of the room. You donā€™t need to spend loads on a monitor these days for them to be a good one.
Itā€™s so hard for monitors because thereā€™s always so many mixed reviews, I really donā€™t want to spend too much on one, I have friends with the owlet camera & sock which Iā€™m sure is great but at 3-400 itā€™s not the one for me šŸ˜‚ will have a look on Amazon! Thank you ā˜ŗ

We have a groegg and it seems accurate. Also, I think youā€™ll be surprised at how warm baby is. We are always commenting that ours is like a little hot water bottle. Iā€™m sure with layers and a 2.5 tog sleeping bag baby will be fine. I always pull over the hand mitts on the sleepsuit if I feel that itā€™s getting chilly.

Something Iā€™ve mentioned before that works brilliantly for us is a portable heat pad. We put it in the crib while Iā€™m feeding him etc and then by the time he is ready to go down his bed is lovely and warm and he doesnā€™t get shocked. It just seems to heat to the right temperature as obviously you couldnā€™t want it getting too hot. My partner makes fun that Iā€™m spoiling him but I remind him that weā€™ve got a nearly 3 month old who is a brilliant sleeper so couldnā€™t care less.

The other thing to remember is that itā€™s safer for baby to a bit cooler than too warm.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
We have a groegg and it seems accurate. Also, I think youā€™ll be surprised at how warm baby is. We are always commenting that ours is like a little hot water bottle. Iā€™m sure with layers and a 2.5 tog sleeping bag baby will be fine. I always pull over the hand mitts on the sleepsuit if I feel that itā€™s getting chilly.

Something Iā€™ve mentioned before that works brilliantly for us is a portable heat pad. We put it in the crib while Iā€™m feeding him etc and then by the time he is ready to go down his bed is lovely and warm and he doesnā€™t get shocked. It just seems to heat to the right temperature as obviously you couldnā€™t want it getting too hot. My partner makes fun that Iā€™m spoiling him but I remind him that weā€™ve got a nearly 3 month old who is a brilliant sleeper so couldnā€™t care less.

The other thing to remember is that itā€™s safer for baby to a bit cooler than too warm.
Thatā€™s really reassuring, thank you. Will definitely look into a heat pad, sounds like itā€™s worked fab for you! My grandmas response to my concerns is always ā€˜how do you think babies make it in the Arcticā€™ šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Itā€™s the nanit that tells you all of that. Iā€™d highly recommend it but Iā€™m sure it doesnā€™t have a monitor option. You can talk to baby through it (or my partner do shouts at me to answer my phone through it during the day lol) you can watch clips of each movement or time you attended to baby and you get a sleep summary. Has a band to measure heart rate etc but she was born in summer and I didnā€™t want more layers on her.
plays sounds and has a night light that points to ceiling.

Attachments

• Heart
My breastfed newborn (8 days now) hadnā€™t had a proper poo yet, just the green sticky ones then nothing so was getting worried, had him checked yesterday and heā€™s gaining weight and is otherwise fine so they said to give it until tomorrow then theyā€™ll check him again, well this morning after grunting and wriggling for a while I heard a wet fart and OH DEAR GOD thereā€™s the newborn yellow poo alright šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Was really looking forward to like a year with no periods but 13 weeks after giving birth and EBF I've woken up with it and feel like utter tit šŸ¤¢

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Hey ladies, hope everyone is doing well. A couple of questions. But I finally got my 1st period since giving birth (3months pp) however I haven't had one since. Did anyone else have sporadic periods until they settled down again?
Also does anyone else have really sore knees or joints since giving birth?? My knees are terrible!!! Feel like an old woman xxx

Reactions: 2
Hey ladies, hope everyone is doing well. A couple of questions. But I finally got my 1st period since giving birth (3months pp) however I haven't had one since. Did anyone else have sporadic periods until they settled down again?
Also does anyone else have really sore knees or joints since giving birth?? My knees are terrible!!! Feel like an old woman xxx
I've literally just been reading about this and apparently they can be sporadic for a wee while!

• Heart
Is gripe water the same sort of thing as infacol?

My baby has started bringing up milk after feeds and even after being winded and kept upright for a while, she still seems windy and uncomfortable for sometimes over an hour after.

My baby has started bringing up milk after feeds and even after being winded and kept upright for a while, she still seems windy and uncomfortable for sometimes over an hour after.
Just want to let you know thereā€™s light at the end of the tunnel šŸ˜‚ first night with arms out no thrashing alllll night šŸ‘šŸ¼ she was shattered as weā€™d been out all day and only managed a tiny nap because of light coming into stupid icandy which doesnā€™t extend the hood down. Anyway, the thrashing gets better šŸ˜†

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Just want to let you know thereā€™s light at the end of the tunnel šŸ˜‚ first night with arms out no thrashing alllll night šŸ‘šŸ¼ she was shattered as weā€™d been out all day and only managed a tiny nap because of light coming into stupid icandy which doesnā€™t extend the hood down. Anyway, the thrashing gets better šŸ˜†
I was going to ask how your night was, we had a good one too! Apart from waking for her feeds she slept more peacefully, a bit of thrashing when I first put her down but it didnā€™t last as long (or maybe it did but I was so tired I managed to sleep through it for a change šŸ˜‚). She didnā€™t do it to the point of waking herself up or crying though so we both had a better night sleep!

So glad to hear baby Tango slept better too. It makes the world of difference doesnā€™t it, hopefully for you sheā€™s grown out of it now!

• Heart
Itā€™s the nanit that tells you all of that. Iā€™d highly recommend it but Iā€™m sure it doesnā€™t have a monitor option. You can talk to baby through it (or my partner do shouts at me to answer my phone through it during the day lol) you can watch clips of each movement or time you attended to baby and you get a sleep summary. Has a band to measure heart rate etc but she was born in summer and I didnā€™t want more layers on her.
plays sounds and has a night light that points to ceiling.
That looks amazing, will definitely look into it! Thanks šŸ˜Š

HV said to me that gripe water is more for soothing their tummy. Whereas Infacol works by making all the small bubbles into a big bubble so it can be brought up easier. Gripe water is a bit like peppermint tea for adults. Soothing on the tummy. Might be worth a try, weā€™re thinking of getting some too as he does burp but then is uncomfortable for a while after like yours.

Reactions: 4
I had this for a few weeks and a friend has had it for several months. Mine was my fingers and ankles, and itā€™s awful (makes me scared for old age šŸ˜­). Iā€™m not sure how long is ā€œnormalā€ for it to hang Around before You should speak to someone though.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.