New baby and post birth advice #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You know when you can tell it’s going to be a long night before you even get to sleep? Been waiting half an hour to be able to get away to brush my teeth. I eventually did, he was awake when I got back 🙄 I can’t wait to see every hour of this magical night ahead 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 8
You know when you can tell it’s going to be a long night before you even get to sleep? Been waiting half an hour to be able to get away to brush my teeth. I eventually did, he was awake when I got back 🙄 I can’t wait to see every hour of this magical night ahead 🤣
I'm jealous you've found the time to brush your teeth twice in one day tbh....

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Mine just woke himself up crying in his sleep, why is that cry 100x sadder than usual?! 🥺 He’s back to sleep after a bit of comfort but still has a juddery lip so I’m on standby!

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I'm jealous you've found the time to brush your teeth twice in one day tbh....
❤❤❤ I know, I’ve only one and sometimes I feel I’m half demented, you must be almost all the way there now trying to juggle two. How are the girls doing? And how are you doing? I know someone asked on the last thread but I don’t think I saw the answer, how is your supply coming along?

Mine just woke himself up crying in his sleep, why is that cry 100x sadder than usual?! 🥺 He’s back to sleep after a bit of comfort but still has a juddery lip so I’m on standby!
And then the little shuddery breaths they do as well 💔

• Sad
Reactions: 1
❤❤❤ I know, I’ve only one and sometimes I feel I’m half demented, you must be almost all the way there now trying to juggle two. How are the girls doing? And how are you doing? I know someone asked on the last thread but I don’t think I saw the answer, how is your supply coming along?

And then the little shuddery breaths they do as well 💔
I couldn't even brush my teeth twice with one. At this point they're just one baby 😂
My supplies getting there (I think) I've rented the same pump I was using at the hospital it arrives tomorrow so I'm hopeful it will do better than my old hand pump as frankly I'm bored and my hands hurt 😂
I hope you manage some sleep tonight!
The girls are amazing, definitely have their own personalities one is laid back the other is wound up to the 9s it's funny to watch as me and my partner argue over who will sort who so we can get back to sleep quicker 😂🙈

When that bottom lip goes in their sleep 🥺😭

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Oh god, the quavering lip breaks me every time - that and the sad little meh cry that sounds like a small kitten

• Heart
Reactions: 6
How did last night go in the end? 🙈

Hey everyone,
I've been sort of dipping in of the new baby threads, been so tired with feeding and napping I can't keep up! Baby boy is six days old today (still doesn't have a name!)
I can't even remember if I posted but I ended up being called back into hospital for blood transfusions the day we were discharged.
I'd been awake for about 40 hours by this point and the doctors weren't happy with my HB and were talking about keeping me in for another night but I just so desperately needed my own bed that I begged them to let me home.
Anyway, I'm now on ferrous sulfate for the next three months 😖😖 just wondering if anyone else has been taking iron and found anything that help with the sluggishness and the gastric pain at all?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hey everyone,
I've been sort of dipping in of the new baby threads, been so tired with feeding and napping I can't keep up! Baby boy is six days old today (still doesn't have a name!)
I can't even remember if I posted but I ended up being called back into hospital for blood transfusions the day we were discharged.
I'd been awake for about 40 hours by this point and the doctors weren't happy with my HB and were talking about keeping me in for another night but I just so desperately needed my own bed that I begged them to let me home.
Anyway, I'm now on ferrous sulfate for the next three months 😖😖 just wondering if anyone else has been taking iron and found anything that help with the sluggishness and the gastric pain at all?
Orange juice! If you find your struggling to tolerate it please see if your midwife or GP can sort you an iron infusion!

Orange juice! If you find your struggling to tolerate it please see if your midwife or GP can sort you an iron infusion!
I'm thinking this may be the way forward. My HB was 85 when I was discharged after 2 units. I'm still quite symptomatic 😩 they said repeat bloods in a week so maybe they'll consider an infusion then. 🤞

• Heart
I'm thinking this may be the way forward. My HB was 85 when I was discharged after 2 units. I'm still quite symptomatic 😩 they said repeat bloods in a week so maybe they'll consider an infusion then. 🤞
They should do, I know after i had the girls the dr came to see me on the ward and said I need to take iron tablets and i asked for an infusion there and then and got one. But to be fair it was in my notes that I can't have tablets as i don't absorb them at all. Infusion is the way forward, push if you can! I think infusions post birth should be standard anyway who has time to take a tablet with a new baby!

Reactions: 3
Hey everyone,
Ask for ferrous fumarate it's easier on the stomach!

I took Hannah to baby sensory thinking she would love it....she slept the full time and I sat there like a spare prick for the full 45 mins 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Is it ok to admit I bleeping hate BLW 😂
I really dreading it in a couple of months!

I’m in a couple FB groups and I see all these mums cook up Michelin 5* meals for the their 6 month olds and I really cba. 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.