New baby and post birth advice #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks everyone, just feel like I'm drowning and that I'm an awful mum. My little boy (2 next week) has not taken well to being a big brother he used to be such a good sleeper now he's screaming at bedtime/nap time waking up at 4am (I get up at 3.30 to feed the baby) so then I'm up for the day I feel absolutely shattered and that I'm constantly telling him off, he sometimes tries to hit her aswel.

I feel like I can't get the baby into a routine because my boys routine is all over the place at the moment, my husband works shift work so I'm on my own most of the time feel like I've lost my identity it's so hard.

I don't think I'm over her birth either was the worst experience of my life, watching her being resusicated and not knowing if she was going to make it has really messed with my head.

Don't want to talk to friends/fam as I don't want to be the Debbie Downer.

Sorry for the long post just feel so alone. I've text the health visitor but she ignored me so I text the other one and she has also ignored me, I'm sure things will get better
I had PND with my 3rd baby and my HV was brilliant, literally had weekly appointments with her coming to see me just for a chat, that helped loads and tablets off the doctor. After my 4th child was born I had a really traumatic event when he was 4 months old so I was then under my local prams team and they too were a godsend and got me through some really dark times. I don’t know what support is available to you in your local area as I think things vary hugely plus throw in covid and that could really impact on the support available. But please seek out some help you should never suffer in silence.
If during the really dark days you are struggling you can come on here and chat to any of us if you are struggling to get help elsewhere. I’m not saying we have all the answers but there’s a beautiful and varied bunch of women on here who will always help if we can 😊 I think I can speak for the majority in that there’s not much that life hasn’t thrown one of us and if we can use that to help someone else we will and like I always say to my daughter whose been struggling lately, ask me and if I don’t know the answer then we can find out together. This mama stuff is hard and that’s when it’s all going swimmingly. None of us are perfect and all have our struggles and there’s a wealth of knowledge and support on here and we can all muddle through together ♥

@Babyyoda88 how is tiny yoda getting on?

@I’mThankyou_ how are your girls getting on as well?

@Bwacac what about your little grandson?
Thank you so much for asking after him. He’s doing well. Like you wouldn’t believe the difference in a week! These little babies really are little superheroes and have so much fight in them. He still has a way to go to build his strength back up but his cheeky smile is back and each day we can see him getting stronger ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Hey @Definitelyme tiny yoda is doing really well with her latching and feeding. Sometimes takes a few goes to get on there haha and she starts to shout at me but we get there. She seemed more content yesterday from the early afternoon onwards and slept really well during her naps. Don’t know if the injections had something to do with that or if she’s turning a corner after the tongue tie but who knows.
She still spends all morning arching her back and grunting and squealing after her omeprazone and morning feeds so don’t know if that’s because of reflux or the omeprazone. I’d love to not have to give it to her but feel I should give it at least a month to see if it starts the work.

How are you guys? X x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hey @Definitelyme tiny yoda is doing really well with her latching and feeding. Sometimes takes a few goes to get on there haha and she starts to shout at me but we get there. She seemed more content yesterday from the early afternoon onwards and slept really well during her naps. Don’t know if the injections had something to do with that or if she’s turning a corner after the tongue tie but who knows.
She still spends all morning arching her back and grunting and squealing after her omeprazone and morning feeds so don’t know if that’s because of reflux or the omeprazone. I’d love to not have to give it to her but feel I should give it at least a month to see if it starts the work.

How are you guys? X x
I’m so glad things are feeling positive and that tiny yoda is a bit more comfortable and happy in the afternoon. Hopefully that will continue and the mornings will follow on 🤞🏻 And great news that she is latching and feeding well after her tt being snipped. Is it more comfortable for you now too?

All good here, thanks 😊 we are just a few days shy of 6 months and thinking about starting weaning. I feel like that means my little baby is gone 😭😭😭 and he’s my last one so I’m feeling all the feels about it!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m so glad things are feeling positive and that tiny yoda is a bit more comfortable and happy in the afternoon. Hopefully that will continue and the mornings will follow on 🤞🏻 And great news that she is latching and feeding well after her tt being snipped. Is it more comfortable for you now too?

All good here, thanks 😊 we are just a few days shy of 6 months and thinking about starting weaning. I feel like that means my little baby is gone 😭😭😭 and he’s my last one so I’m feeling all the feels about it!
Thank you. It wasn’t that the nipple shields were uncomfortable, they were just a faff and I know she wasn’t latching properly on them and was probably taking in lots of air.

6 months already! Where’s the time gone, aww I bet you’re feeling all the feels 😢 what do you usually wean them on first?

Reactions: 1
@I’mThankyou_ does omeprazole initially give your babies belly ache? X
It does indeed, hence why we ended up buying the windee things.
I ended up finding this video on Facebook and we do it now 3 times a day especially after our bedtime feed after we've sat up for 20 mins. Honestly I've never seen the girls so chilled out.

How's baby Yoda doing?

We're good thank you for asking 🥰
Hope you and your little ones are okay x x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It does indeed, hence why we ended up buying the windee things.
I ended up finding this video on Facebook and we do it now 3 times a day especially after our bedtime feed after we've sat up for 20 mins. Honestly I've never seen the girls so chilled out.

How's baby Yoda doing?

We're good thank you for asking 🥰
Hope you and your little ones are okay x x

Oh wow thank you!! This’ll be our new tummy massage time routine. We’ll give it a go. Glad it’s helped the girls.

Do you still use the windy things?

I was all fully prepared for weaning. But she's nowhere near sitting herself yet 😂
So looks like we're waiting haha

Oh wow thank you!! This’ll be our new tummy massage time routine. We’ll give it a go. Glad it’s helped the girls.

Do you still use the windy things?
We used them for about 3 days in a row as they were really bunged up, I think the omeprazole & the thickener combined really backed them up, now we just tend to use it before bedtime if neither of them have been, especially on twin 2 as her stools have been like little pebbles 😔. They're bloody strange things to do to your baby, but honestly you see the relief in their faces as you do it.

We used them for about 3 days in a row as they were really bunged up, I think the omeprazole & the thickener combined really backed them up, now we just tend to use it before bedtime if neither of them have been, especially on twin 2 as her stools have been like little pebbles 😔. They're bloody strange things to do to your baby, but honestly you see the relief in their faces as you do it.

Aww poor twin 2!! Glad it’s given them relief. My baby has trapped wind but the omeprazole gives her more runny poos. When ever she farts she cries.

I’ve just tried the massage and she cried all the way through, no surprise there, but she did let out a nice little fart afterwards 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I try this before attending to her and she ALWAYS wakes up, so frustrating 🤣 I don’t want to swaddle her because she’s got to transition out of it at some point so why not just allow her to get used to her twitchy jerky body now!?
I’m the same! There’s no way she’ll be swaddled, she loves to sleep with her arms up and kick about. I did try it once at 3am when I was desperate and she hated it - wish I’d waited before buying a load of swaddles while pregnant 😂

Reactions: 2
I’m the same! There’s no way she’ll be swaddled, she loves to sleep with her arms up and kick about. I did try it once at 3am when I was desperate and she hated it - wish I’d waited before buying a load of swaddles while pregnant 😂
Have you seen the love to dream swaddles Basically they're a sleeping bag but allow babies to have their arms above their heads but also mimic a swaddle. My two settle in them really well.

6 months already! Where’s the time gone, aww I bet you’re feeling all the feels 😢 what do you usually wean them on first?
We do baby led weaning so just Chuck them whatever we happen to be having for tea that night 🙈 I really hate cooking, so I have always done blw because it just makes my life so much easier not having to worry about making anything extra for baby. If we didn’t have kids I’d probably live on crisps and toast 🤣

I was all fully prepared for weaning. But she's nowhere near sitting herself yet 😂
So looks like we're waiting haha
That’s good though, the longer you get the better I think! Such a hassle once they start and you’ve to remember to feed them every day 🤣 Alexander is sitting, he’s well ready but we are going away over the Halloween holidays and I can’t be bothered with the mess when we are away so will wait until we are back… laziest mother award 🙋🏻‍♀️🙈

• Haha
We do baby led weaning so just Chuck them whatever we happen to be having for tea that night 🙈 I really hate cooking, so I have always done blw because it just makes my life so much easier not having to worry about making anything extra for baby. If we didn’t have kids I’d probably live on crisps and toast 🤣

That’s good though, the longer you get the better I think! Such a hassle once they start and you’ve to remember to feed them every day 🤣 Alexander is sitting, he’s well ready but we are going away over the Halloween holidays and I can’t be bothered with the mess when we are away so will wait until we are back… laziest mother award 🙋🏻‍♀️🙈
Haha 😂 every time I try encouraging her to sit. She throws herself backwards 😂
She's mastered crawling though. Which my 3 year old is not happy about 😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
[/QUOTE]
Same 😂 We have 5. she moved NON STOP in my belly so I was ready for her but yeah she has to learn her body at some point!

• Haha
Haha 😂 every time I try encouraging her to sit. She throws herself backwards 😂
She's mastered crawling though. Which my 3 year old is not happy about 😂😂
What a clever girl!!! That’s amazing, although makes life sometimes that little bit trickier when they don’t stay where you put them! 🤣 2 out of 3 of my older ones never crawled 🤷🏻‍♀️ So I am interested to see how we get on this time, and whether it will be a boy vs girl thing in our house (my older son did crawl) or just a house of oddballs with zero coordination!

Have you seen the love to dream swaddles Basically they're a sleeping bag but allow babies to have their arms above their heads but also mimic a swaddle. My two settle in them really well.
Second these, she loves them and I've just bought the transition one to help her get into sleeping bags

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.