New baby and post birth advice #37 The only way to eat porridge is to tip it in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Random one but KW asked me when will we know if she’s left or right handed. I don’t actually know 😂
When I had 4Me’s parent teacher meeting in October her teacher said “she seems to show a preference for being right handed, would that be correct?” So I guess even at that age some are still developing it fully. But you notice sooner than that which hand they favour - easy in our house as everyone is right handed.

Getting really pissed off with this cost of living tit and not getting anything for your money anymore.
I put the heating on for 20 minutes it’s cost me £1.50 and not even warmed the baby’s room by 1 degree so now I’ve had to put the electric heater on in his room anyway otherwise he’s sleeping in a 14-15 degree room
We’re not massively skint but it’s bleeping me off now worrying about bills and usage constantly

sorry just needed a moan about the tit show of this country and shell with their $9 billion profits. Wankers

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I know this baby is teething and grumpy but could he please go to sleep, even just for half an hour, so I can eat my brownie bites in peace and give myself the strength to take on another relentless night??

The 3yo's behaviour was next level psycho today too, I think she hit/kicked/slapped the baby 3 times and me about 10 times plus the usual cacophony of rudeness and whining. Send gin.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I was thinking more of the emotional side when they're older and can't have what everyone else is having! Hoping he might grow out of the egg one before that becomes too much of an issue though.
Mini Waka has some nasty intolerances to loads and she doesn’t care a hoot about what others are eating as long as she is fed. I always bring her food to parties as I don’t expect someone to have soya free bread with a dairy and egg free filling for her 😆 but I don’t worry too much at restaurants as worst case they can boil carrots and chicken. She’s a gannet so never leave the house without a Tupperware of snacks for her anyway. If she asks for my plate I just say ‘no this will hurt your belly’ and she’s never thrown a hissy.

Reactions: 3
Thanks for sharing!
I've been to a couple psychologists years ago on seperate occasions (mostly due to anxiety etc), but everytime it was only a few sessions and it never really helped me that much. I'm a people pleaser, so I never really told them and they thought I was doing fine. The stupid thing is, I tried again during my fertility issues and had an appointment with a wonderful woman, but she's been out for almost 3 years now due to covid 😳 I saw one of her colleagues during my pregnancy when my dad had his first diagnosis, but we didn't match, so didn't continue.
Guess I'm a bit hesitant because I'm afraid it won't help and it'll be money down the drain 🤷‍♀️😔
MrCat had a kw-moment when I told him the above and he replied with "if that's the issue, I would gladly pay for it, seeing how tired you are all the time", which he meant well, obviously, but made me feel even worse and crazy 😅

Kitten napped for 3,5h in the end and has been sleeping for another hour now 😳
Her temp seems better, but her poo was still pale :/ She had a huge turd with a side of diarrhea (tmi, sorry) which smelled absolutely vile 🤮
I get that completely- when I’ve had therapy before I’m not sure it’s been that productive because like you I’m a bit of a people pleaser and care too much what people think so have held back a bit.

It’s made such a difference having sessions with someone who I seem to click with as it almost feels like a conversation and she doesn’t hesitate to tell me if my way of thinking is ‘f’d up’ or to say that something must have been difficult or upsetting, which I really like because I need some sort of feedback like that to take me out of my own internal spirals. I hope you might be able to find someone who you feel comfortable enough with too, but sending lots of compassion to you in the meantime. Mental health can be a very dark and lonely place at times.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Mini Waka has some nasty intolerances to loads and she doesn’t care a hoot about what others are eating as long as she is fed. I always bring her food to parties as I don’t expect someone to have soya free bread with a dairy and egg free filling for her 😆 but I don’t worry too much at restaurants as worst case they can boil carrots and chicken. She’s a gannet so never leave the house without a Tupperware of snacks for her anyway. If she asks for my plate I just say ‘no this will hurt your belly’ and she’s never thrown a hissy.
Yeah I think they just turn into crazy nightmares when they're older haha, my little girl would have been fine with all this until about age 2.5 but I'm imagining the reaction my 3yo would give me if I told her she couldn't have what everyone else was having!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Getting really pissed off with this cost of living tit and not getting anything for your money anymore.
I put the heating on for 20 minutes it’s cost me £1.50 and not even warmed the baby’s room by 1 degree so now I’ve had to put the electric heater on in his room anyway otherwise he’s sleeping in a 14-15 degree room
We’re not massively skint but it’s bleeping me off now worrying about bills and usage constantly

sorry just needed a moan about the tit show of this country and shell with their $9 billion profits. Wankers
I totally feel you on this! We are trying to have the heating on the bare minimum but when you may as well live in an igloo this means it’s needed on all of the time 🥶

Baby Cupcake flat out refused his last nap of the day so has been awake from 1:30 - bedtime (double his usual length of wake time!) I’m aware this probably means he will be up loads through the night but am I preparing for an early night myself? No, I’m drinking Baileys, eating mini sausage rolls and watching shite on TV.

Feliz Navidad my friends 🥂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Yeah I think they just turn into crazy nightmares when they're older haha, my little girl would have been fine with all this until about age 2.5 but I'm imagining the reaction my 3yo would give me if I told her she couldn't have what everyone else was having!
Oh I missed the original post! Sorry if that’s what you asked. There’s also so much on the market these days so hopefully you’ll be able to make some good alternatives

When I tell you the rage I feel when I hear the TV go on while I'm stuck upstairs with a miserable baby on the boob. 🤬🤬🤬

(He has tidied the kitchen and tried to get the baby back to sleep so he's not being a KW, I'm just jealous haha)

Reactions: 8
When I tell you the rage I feel when I hear the TV go on while I'm stuck upstairs with a miserable baby on the boob. 🤬🤬🤬

(He has tidied the kitchen and tried to get the baby back to sleep so he's not being a KW, I'm just jealous haha)
Or when you hear them getting themselves a drink! I’m sorry, please dehydrate until I can also be there.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Why do babies fight bed time? Just go to bleeping sleep 😭 I’m not feeling well, I want to go to bed and I just can’t get her to settle down. I just shoved her in the cot and got KW to finish the job. Sometimes you just don’t have the energy.
really need to work on her going in the cot and going to sleep but she just cries ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Or when you hear them getting themselves a drink! I’m sorry, please dehydrate until I can also be there.
Yes! Once I even heard the snap of the chocolate being broken and nearly stomped downstairs to throw the baby at him.

Kindly sit holding a heavy object in an awkward way so one of your arms goes dead in a dark room with no food or drink until I am done.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Baby G is soo chesty and has such a bad cough. Mr G took her to bed tonight (attempting to make up for his bullshit last night) and she went straight to sleep. Just now she woke up screaming so I went up and ended up getting her out of her cot cos she was in such a state. She was coughing almost non stop and her breathing sounded really thick and heavy with cold. Took me a good 20 mins to resettle her, sitting upright on my lap rubbing her back. Think I’m going to have to make a doctors appointment for her Monday cos she’s been like this for a good few days now 😢

• Heart
  • Sad
KW is away fri - mon, and hasn’t bothered contacting me since 2pm today to see how his child is. Petty but I feel like I would be checking much more often than that 😡

• Heart
KW is away fri - mon, and hasn’t bothered contacting me since 2pm today to see how his child is. Petty but I feel like I would be checking much more often than that 😡
I’m getting regular photos of the kids from Mr B, but he hasn’t asked how the baby is 🫠

What’s the likelihood of the baby getting an ear infection while on antibiotics? He’s really playing with one ear… he’s on amoxicillin, but I’m sure with other kids, they’ve had the red medicine for ear infections?

Thanks to those for the advice earlier, he’s settled now and drank 5oz and I’ve put the humidifier on. I said this the other day but it’s crazy how much I’ve forgot, like I’ve got a humidifier why didn’t I think to just use it 😂 don’t know what to blame, baby brain or the hangover. I’m now eating a salt and pepper box out the chippy so loving all the snot comments 🤣🤢

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
What’s the likelihood of the baby getting an ear infection while on antibiotics? He’s really playing with one ear… he’s on amoxicillin, but I’m sure with other kids, they’ve had the red medicine for ear infections?
It’s possibly, I would hazard a guess it’s most likely a viral ear infection if he’s got one.

• Heart
I was thinking more of the emotional side when they're older and can't have what everyone else is having! Hoping he might grow out of the egg one before that becomes too much of an issue though.
The egg we have too and peanuts I think the older they get it may be easier to explain I know it sounds crazy but try and cross the bridge when you get to it I hope orange grows out of the egg too weirdly if you Google some of the formulas prescribed for cmpa the one I have had a relation to egg allergy as of it brings it on im
No doctor but found it interesting 🧐

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.