New baby and post birth advice #37 The only way to eat porridge is to tip it in the bin

My baby is

• 3 months and under

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • 4-6 months

Votes: 13 11.3%
  • 7-9 months

Votes: 19 16.5%
  • 10-12 months

Votes: 16 13.9%
  • 13-18 months

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • 18-24 months

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • 2+ years

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Still pregnant and reading ahead

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • A porridge eating weirdo

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • I’m a lurking KW

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you to @LilyRose1234 for the title. Has ever a truer word been said 😂 buy a pain au chocolate instead and enjoy life

Guide to the thread for new members:
Dress code? Pyjamas
This thread is designed to provide support. If you can’t be supportive and find something nice to say, perhaps mumsnet is a better place for you
Nothing is off topic or taboo - unless you’re bragging about milestones and you think you’re three week old can recite their times tables
Knobwaffle of the week nominations always welcome
We love a good doughnut 🍩
Thread titles tend to come from something random someone says during the chat. Please point out anything spectacularly title worthy so it doesn’t get missed

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Can anyone give me easy dinner inspiration for a baby with still only 2 bottom teeth?! 🙈 he loves wheatabix, fruit and toast so eats lots for breakfast and lunch but doesn’t seem to like dinners at all. He still struggles with the texture of meat, fish and pasta so keeps those in his mouth for ages and then spits it out so I tend to do varying forms of omelettes and fritters but he seems really uninspired by them. 🤣🙈

Ahhh mine is like this when he has a tooth coming through. He’s better than he was but it tends to be at the very end of a feed o I kind of stick my finger in and cut his feed short when he’s not really sucking as much anymore. I then rock him to sleep rather han feeding to sleep when he’s going through a biting phase. He’s not always happy about it but it saves my nipples. Outside of teething
he has stopped so I think most tend to get better ❤
Pancakes? Can put loads of different things in them. Yummy_little_belly on insta is good for stuff like that

@jackolantern feel ya bud! I’ve taken to sitting on the floor to work, while the baby climbs over me. He has also learnt if he steps on my knee, he can climb on to the sofa. I have had every single child off on different days this week as they has all been ill with the same thing. Can’t wait for some normality next week!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I've just come to accept the fact that my children are in fact, feral.

Just had a parcel so I've signed for it, come back in to the living room and Arnies got a stick in his mouth that the 3yo picked up from our walk earlier and the 3yo has gone commando and has opened our patio doors and was weeing against the garden fence.

Why do I feel like these boys are going to keep me on my toes well into their teens 😅🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I've just come to accept the fact that my children are in fact, feral.

Just had a parcel so I've signed for it, come back in to the living room and Arnies got a stick in his mouth that the 3yo picked up from our walk earlier and the 3yo has gone commando and has opened our patio doors and was weeing against the garden fence.

Why do I feel like these boys are going to keep me on my toes well into their teens 😅🤣
I also have a nudist 3 yo. Spent all summer naked. He was gutted when he had to go back to nursery and wear clothes everyday. Everyone always comments and go ‘oh, toddler, you look different today! Oh, it’s because you’re wearing clothes’🫠🫠

• Haha
Reactions: 7
@jackolantern feel ya bud! I’ve taken to sitting on the floor to work, while the baby climbs over me. He has also learnt if he steps on my knee, he can climb on to the sofa. I have had every single child off on different days this week as they has all been ill with the same thing. Can’t wait for some normality next week!
Mine likes to “help” by closing the laptop and pressing random keys to help me type my emails while shouting “mama” loudly and endlessly 🙃🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Has anyone got the hotel chocolat velvetiser? If so would you recommend? Thinking about getting it for KW for Christmas, purely because I love a cheeky hot choc 😅🤣

Reactions: 2
Mine likes to “help” by closing the laptop and pressing random keys to help me type my emails while shouting “mama” loudly and endlessly 🙃🙃
My 3yo zoomed in on the desktop background earlier. I don’t know how he done it. I tried to get the baby a laptop, but he’s not interested and also wants to slam my keyboard 🫠

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Has anyone got the hotel chocolat velvetiser? If so would you recommend? Thinking about getting it for KW for Christmas, purely because I love a cheeky hot choc 😅🤣
I’ve not but one of my friends has and says it’s the best thing she’s ever bought. I’m dying for one but I don’t know if I can justify it

• Heart
Having one of those days, endless to do list, baby cries if I'm not holding him, 3yo has been a horror at nursery so I'm having to talk to her about that, and my mum (who lives miles away but is a carer for my Nan and also does everything for my dad who is useless) has had a fall while walking the dog and has to go to A&E as she can't move her shoulder at all.
Where's the gin?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Thanks @Definitelyme @TheBabeWithThePower I was so focused on finger foods for dinner as it’s the only way to get more food in him but I think you’re right, I need to persist with things like curries and other textures and not worry about the amount he’s consuming. It will probably do him good to have some more practice with a spoon! ❤

It’s one of those things that seems really obvious now after talking it through 🤣🤣

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm thinking the same, the add on Choc pots are 20-30 😅😵💫
I’m not sure it’s entirely the same, but could you just use a normal milk frother (like the electric ones that you put the milk in, press a button and they make it warm and frothy) and then stir it through the hot chocolate? I reckon if you made a silky hot choc paste with the hot choc and a few teaspoons of milk, then poured on the frothy milk it would be 😍 and they’re like £20 so way more reasonable!!

• Heart
I'm thinking the same, the add on Choc pots are 20-30 😅😵💫
I’ve not even looked at the price of the add ons! That’s crazy, definitely couldn’t justify it, could you not just melt Dairy Milk and drink that 😂

I’m not sure it’s entirely the same, but could you just use a normal milk frother (like the electric ones that you put the milk in, press a button and they make it warm and frothy) and then stir it through the hot chocolate? I reckon if you made a silky hot choc paste with the hot choc and a few teaspoons of milk, then poured on the frothy milk it would be 😍 and they’re like £20 so way more reasonable!!
Good idea! I've seen Aldi do one, will try there!!

I’ve bought the KW one for Xmas. If you do decide to go for it, the cheapest place I found to buy it was through QVC believe it or not. Then I bank with Halifax and they have QVC as one of their cashback extras, plus I used Quidco. Then I had a friend send me a refer a friend link. So yes it was still expensive but as a main present it was just about in budget. Hope that helps!

I’ve bought the KW one for Xmas. If you do decide to go for it, the cheapest place I found to buy it was through QVC believe it or not. Then I bank with Halifax and they have QVC as one of their cashback extras, plus I used Quidco. Then I had a friend send me a refer a friend link. So yes it was still expensive but as a main present it was just about in budget. Hope that helps!
Ooh amazing, thank you for that. I will look into it!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.