New baby and post birth advice #37 The only way to eat porridge is to tip it in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m stressing out. The baby has a stuffy nose and a bit of a cough. Took his temp and it’s 37.5. He’s 7 weeks old and was born at 36 weeks. He’s hardly taking any of his bottles and has slept most of the day. I can’t do anything or give him anything can I?
We also bought a cold mist humidifier when baby o got her first cold at 2 or 3 weeks old. Only £10 on Amazon and seemed to help.

Also part of the hungover mums club last night after my work Christmas do. KW put her to bed, cleaned the kitchen and made her bottles for today so maybe he’s not completely useless after all.
Also may have spent £20 on Uber eats maccies for lunch so baby o had a happy meal 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m off out tonight for my Xmas do so I’ll join the hungover mum’s club tomorrow 🥲 currently doing my hair while the baby watches Miss Rachel

Have no idea what I’m going to wear so I’ll probably have a meltdown a la the grinch in 2 hours and say I’m not going

Reactions: 5
Who’d have known having 4 children at home would be much easier than having 1 11 month old. Oh my god, this kid is killing me. I can’t eat without him wanting my food and trying to climb up at me. Can’t empty the dishwasher without him trying to climb in. Fml 😭

Also just started watching Motherland. What a series 😂 the KW is such a KW 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Question about snot suckers - is it good for getting out mucous, or is it just for bogeys? She’s so snotty I’m almost tempted to try one of those nose rinses you see on tiktok!

Reactions: 1
Question about snot suckers - is it good for getting out mucous, or is it just for bogeys? She’s so snotty I’m almost tempted to try one of those nose rinses you see on tiktok!
Brilliant for mucus! We have the Fridamom one that you whack in a nose and you suck, gets out all the mucus 👌🏻

God they’re SO satisfying. Frida mom one was the best I found when babyGG was poorly and it really sucked all the shite out to help him breathe a little easier. I used sterimar breathe baby to loosen it all up first and that combo was the best 🙂 I find the snufflebabe one doesn’t get everything out without repeated attempts

Reactions: 2
Thank you and thank you @sodit for sharing your experiences, I guess it might get easier for a bit once we have it confirmed what his allergies are and then harder once we have nursery and parties etc to contend with!
No problem with parties I just bring my own stuff but to be fair some of my friends have gone out of their way to buy free from things for her cakes vegan things which was really sweet even though I have told everyone not to bother xx

No problem with parties I just bring my own stuff but to be fair some of my friends have gone out of their way to buy free from things for her cakes vegan things which was really sweet even though I have told everyone not to bother xx
I was thinking more of the emotional side when they're older and can't have what everyone else is having! Hoping he might grow out of the egg one before that becomes too much of an issue though.

Thanks for the snot advice!! (That’s a sentence I’d never have said pre-kids….)

• Haha
Who’d have known having 4 children at home would be much easier than having 1 11 month old. Oh my god, this kid is killing me. I can’t eat without him wanting my food and trying to climb up at me. Can’t empty the dishwasher without him trying to climb in. Fml 😭

Also just started watching Motherland. What a series 😂 the KW is such a KW 😂😂
Your 11 month old sounds just like my 11 month old. He's a complete nightmare, I cant do anything at all 🤣 if I try to eat and I don't share he goes nuts!

I’ve posted before about being under the care of the perinatal mental health team due to high anxiety levels and feelings of depression. I’ve been seeing a psychotherapist the last couple of months and in combo with medication it’s been brilliant for me, even as just being a safe space to talk through all my feelings on anything and everything. Admittedly some sessions can feel a bit emotionally draining but overall it really helps feel like a load has been lifted, so I would say that if you can find someone who you are comfortable chatting to then it’s well worth it, especially given everything you’ve been through this past year.
Thanks for sharing!
I've been to a couple psychologists years ago on seperate occasions (mostly due to anxiety etc), but everytime it was only a few sessions and it never really helped me that much. I'm a people pleaser, so I never really told them and they thought I was doing fine. The stupid thing is, I tried again during my fertility issues and had an appointment with a wonderful woman, but she's been out for almost 3 years now due to covid 😳 I saw one of her colleagues during my pregnancy when my dad had his first diagnosis, but we didn't match, so didn't continue.
Guess I'm a bit hesitant because I'm afraid it won't help and it'll be money down the drain 🤷‍♀️😔
MrCat had a kw-moment when I told him the above and he replied with "if that's the issue, I would gladly pay for it, seeing how tired you are all the time", which he meant well, obviously, but made me feel even worse and crazy 😅

Kitten napped for 3,5h in the end and has been sleeping for another hour now 😳
Her temp seems better, but her poo was still pale :/ She had a huge turd with a side of diarrhea (tmi, sorry) which smelled absolutely vile 🤮

• Heart
Has anyone seen the videos where the mum flushes the nose out? Kind of jets water up one nostril using a bottle, and it floods out the other nostril complete with snot for days. Looks incredibly gross, and traumatising for the kid 🤣

Reactions: 8
Has anyone seen the videos where the mum flushes the nose out? Kind of jets water up one nostril using a bottle, and it floods out the other nostril complete with snot for days. Looks incredibly gross, and traumatising for the kid 🤣
How do they get the kids to do it? Mine would attack me like a cat attacking their owner trying to bath them 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Your 11 month old sounds just like my 11 month old. He's a complete nightmare, I cant do anything at all 🤣 if I try to eat and I don't share he goes nuts!
I need a break on my own after this weekend. Mr B is sending me photos and videos of them at the funfair. He will be coming home to divorce papers tomorrow 😂

Me and OH have both used these when we’ve had sinus infections and it feels amazing. Would rather try and do it to a hippo that a child though 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
We actually did that a lot when Kitten was still small and manageable 😅 Worked wonders! But now that she's so much bigger and stronger, we've stopped doing it. We value our lives too much 😆 I mean, it's basically waterboarding your child 😬
They actually recommend doing it at least twice a day during winter here, until they're old enough to blow their own noses!

• Haha
Random one but KW asked me when will we know if she’s left or right handed. I don’t actually know 😂

• Haha
Random one but KW asked me when will we know if she’s left or right handed. I don’t actually know 😂
They usually show preference around 18 months, if they are right handed. If they're left it tends to settle in when they're around 2/3.
Well that's what T2s physio told us anyway😅

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.