New baby and post birth advice #34 Just press the tummy to turn it off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I myself have been eating like a toddler recently since she’s dropped most long naps and a lot of my food has been beige 🤣 all the nugget talk has really made me want to order KFC for dinner (or lunch, is that too much to get delivered 🤣)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I myself have been eating like a toddler recently since she’s dropped most long naps and a lot of my food has been beige 🤣 all the nugget talk has really made me want to order KFC for dinner (or lunch, is that too much to get delivered 🤣)
Never too much! Never ever

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Happy birthday to you @WhatABore ! 💖💖

Please don’t make me think about it, I’m on a KFC ban because it was getting extreme

• Haha
Need some advice from mums who have weaned. Toddler gravy is 15 months, she will Try everything but will only eat pasta mainly. I've tried everything. She will eat pasta, Sausages, Cucumber, Waffles, eggs but that's about it. Only guaranteed to eat dinner if it's some sort of pasta though 🤣 do I just keep offering her things and hope she will take them eventually?!
So, 13yo is a good eater. Awful when younger. My 6 yo eats cheesy pasta like it’s going out of fashion, 3yo hates dinner (he tells me before I even know what I’m cooking) the baby eats pretty much anything, but I know that’s all going to change. And I’m SOOOO OVER IT. It makes my life hell, but I know there is a turning point when they get to about 10 😂🫠

Everleigh had some mini sausage rolls and alphabet letters for dinner.
She picked the sausage out of the sausage rolls. Ate some of that and left the rest.
For lunch she had 3 grapes and 1/4 of a packet of wotsits. (this isn't all I offered but it's all she ate)
And breakfast, she had about 4 mouthfuls of honey cheerios.

She never has eaten much 🤷🏻‍♀️
That's a good day for her really.
9/10 she doesn't even touch lunch.
And unless it's tinned macaroni cheese, she will barely touch her dinner either!
Tinned max and cheese is a favourite here too 😂😂

Happy birthday 🥳🥳

Reactions: 2
I definitely don't make life easy for myself but I love food and cooking, and I'm also passionate about eating sustainably and reducing meat intake, but trying to come up with 4-5 veggie dishes per week and not just repeating the same 4 or 5 that the 3yo will accept is a challenge!
I think she is coming out of some of her fussiness now though thank goodness.

Reactions: 3
Happy birthday @WhatABore 🥳

Any tips for getting baby to start feeding herself? She’s 13m and will pick up and eat finger food but if her dinner is something like spag bol, I use a spoon and feed her. If I put a plate of food in front of her she just rams as much into her mouth as possible while I sit there panicking about her choking 😂

Do I just start passing her a loaded spoon? I’ve tried a few times but she just drops the food off and looks at me like 🤷🏻‍♀️

Happy Birthday @WhatABore ! I hope you get well and truly spoiled rotten.

Not baby related but my 8yo is taking the piss... sent her in with a packed lunch and I got a notification on her school app telling me she'd booked herself a school dinner and telling me to pay for it! Unreal, little sod

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Happy Birthday @WhatABore ! I hope you get well and truly spoiled rotten.

Not baby related but my 8yo is taking the piss... sent her in with a packed lunch and I got a notification on her school app telling me she'd booked herself a school dinner and telling me to pay for it! Unreal, little sod
Sorry, but I'm only laughing because this is exactly what the 9yo does to me, then I have the school hounding me for £3 like they're about to set bailiffs on me😂

• Haha
My kids are feral today.

I’m going to give the baby the benefit of the doubt and suggest maybe she’s teething. If she’s not teething, she’s just a psychopath. She just keeps crawling up to me,waiting till you’re not looking then biting my legs. She’s drawn blood about 8 times already.

The 3.5yo has decided she wants a play date with this kid down the road and has been crying about it all day… but the thing is we don’t even know this child. We knocked on their door trick or treating on Monday and ever since she’s been banging on about how she wants to go and play with her 🤦🏼‍♀️

Lord give me strength, bed time feels a long way off still

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Got KFC, not delivered but ordered and took home with me, because I stopped at the shops because I was in desperate need of socks. Decided it was high time to stop wearing socks that fall to my toes every day. I figure being 35 and a mum,‘it’s time enough to stop walking around like a miserable sod because my socks have come off. Again and again and again.

KFC hit the spot. Was the first fast food I’d had in a year and it was amazing. We found out we were pregnant a year ago yesterday, which is such a weird feeling.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Happy birthday @WhatABore 🥳

Any tips for getting baby to start feeding herself? She’s 13m and will pick up and eat finger food but if her dinner is something like spag bol, I use a spoon and feed her. If I put a plate of food in front of her she just rams as much into her mouth as possible while I sit there panicking about her choking 😂

Do I just start passing her a loaded spoon? I’ve tried a few times but she just drops the food off and looks at me like 🤷🏻‍♀️
I pass a loaded spoon and then encourage her to feed herself too, but tbh I accept sometimes she’ll use her hands. Apparently they don’t fully learn to use a spoon independently until they’re 2, so I think it just takes plenty of practice, she’ll get there!

Sorry, but I'm only laughing because this is exactly what the 9yo does to me, then I have the school hounding me for £3 like they're about to set bailiffs on me😂
Its 2.75 and the email was passive aggressive so I'm going to be petty and make them wait for it :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
We’ve done nothing but whinge today, he hates the pram and the car seat now 😭 he also hasn’t pooped for almost a week now, I’ve given him apple, weetabix, strawberries, apple juice, orange juice and lactulose and nothing has worked should my next option be the gp 😩 I can tell he’s uncomfortable now

• Heart
We’ve done nothing but whinge today, he hates the pram and the car seat now 😭 he also hasn’t pooped for almost a week now, I’ve given him apple, weetabix, strawberries, apple juice, orange juice and lactulose and nothing has worked should my next option be the gp 😩 I can tell he’s uncomfortable now
I’ve always found weetabix has the opposite effect on my kids, blocks them right up. Try one of the Ella’s kitchen pouches of prunes, I’ve always found them good for creating 💩 explosions

Try a bit of vasaline on the end of a cotton bud around the bottom and very inner of his bum, it may stimulate the urge to push (and lube it up so it doesn't hurt so much) lots of P foods, but give the GP a bell too x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.