New baby and post birth advice #34 Just press the tummy to turn it off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think this is one of the greatest secrets of parenting: most kids only like beige food and the sooner you accept that life gets better. Because as soon as you mention it to other parents, they all go “ah yeah mine only eats plain pasta too” but for some reason everyone thinks it’s just their child. At some point they just grow out of it I think. And clearly it’s not doing them any harm as my 3.5yo is growing fine and has far more energy than I do on her diet of plain pasta, cereal, cheese strings and various frozen shapes of nugget and potato

Also anyone who likes to boast about how their child loooooves fancy food is a knob. End of 😂
I love this!!
I think social media gives me the feeling of constant failure that she’s not each chia seed slop, and god knows what else I wouldn’t even eat.
She still literally eats next to bugger all.

Reactions: 3
I’ll be honest, I suspect the HV will irritate you more than the haemorrhoids. They serve no purpose other than to turn up so you feel the need to tidy up (pro tip: don’t bother), ask irritating questions, give unsolicited / useless advice and then they go and are totally uncontactable if you do have a problem.

Can you tell I don’t like mine?!
I don't like mine either. Totally useless

I’m really trying not to go overboard with Christmas so I’m just going to buy her a couple of things
I am going to do her a stocking with some little bits
I know she won’t remember and it’s pointless but it’s for me really making memories and starting traditions
I just love Christmas 🎄🎅🏻🎁
Rage memory unlocked, as one of his Christmas presents last year my SIL bought little lad a personalised stocking.
It’s tacky and tit (glued on hobbycraft crap) and I was so annoyed at what an overstep it was. Like, I had to wait until I was 30 to have a child of my own to enjoy Christmas with, choosing a stocking is a thing for the parents to do unless there is a request surely!? She has two children of her own, so should know better.

I was triple feeding a 5 week old at the time so just shoved it up in the loft with the other Christmas bits at the time. But now I’ve remembered it’s up there and feel annoyed again 😤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Rage memory unlocked, as one of his Christmas presents last year my SIL bought little lad a personalised stocking.
It’s tacky and tit (glued on hobbycraft crap) and I was so annoyed at what an overstep it was. Like, I had to wait until I was 30 to have a child of my own to enjoy Christmas with, choosing a stocking is a thing for the parents to do unless there is a request surely!? She has two children of her own, so should know better.

I was triple feeding a 5 week old at the time so just shoved it up in the loft with the other Christmas bits at the time. But now I’ve remembered it’s up there and feel annoyed again 😤
No that’s a super weird thing to do! I hope no one buys Baby Rita one 😂
Also sorry for unlocking your rage memory

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I love this!!
I think social media gives me the feeling of constant failure that she’s not each chia seed slop, and god knows what else I wouldn’t even eat.
Tommys meal today was ginger cake served with ginger cake and a side of ginger cake.

Nuff said really 😰🤣

Oh no I lie, he also had a highly nutritious slurp of my cup of tea 🤗

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I love this!!
Everleigh had some mini sausage rolls and alphabet letters for dinner.
She picked the sausage out of the sausage rolls. Ate some of that and left the rest.
For lunch she had 3 grapes and 1/4 of a packet of wotsits. (this isn't all I offered but it's all she ate)
And breakfast, she had about 4 mouthfuls of honey cheerios.

She never has eaten much 🤷🏻‍♀️
That's a good day for her really.
9/10 she doesn't even touch lunch.
And unless it's tinned macaroni cheese, she will barely touch her dinner either!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I love this!!
chia slop 😂😂😂
More beige fans here! I made a cheese and tomato omelette for dinner and t2 managed to pick out and not eat most of tomatoes I chopped into tiny pieces. They also will only eat fruit in puree form.
There’s an insta page called the lazy weaner. That made me feel a lot better that there were other mums with “normal” eaters too

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I love this!!
Everyone had cereal for dinner in my house. I don’t feel well and so didn’t fancy cooking. Rice Krispies all round, not even sorry

I rely on Soreen to be something that actually gets eaten and makes minimal mess. That and crumpets.
He’s going through a phase where he won’t use his hands to feed himself anything small (pasta, Weetabix, risotto, whatever), but he isn’t able to self load a spoon bar the odd fluke, so he’ll just sit there crying at his food and not touching it until you bring spoons and keep filling them up and passing them 😑

So anything he’ll eat himself is in heavy rotation. My little fish finger 🐠

I’m really trying not to go overboard with Christmas so I’m just going to buy her a couple of things
I am going to do her a stocking with some little bits
I know she won’t remember and it’s pointless but it’s for me really making memories and starting traditions
I just love Christmas 🎄🎅🏻🎁
Everyone does Christmas their own way. I’m like you absolutely getting baby some nice things but definitely not going OTT. If I didn’t my 6yo would be devastated and think she was on santas bad list 🤣. There’s sooooo much stuff so it’s easy to get sucked in but I’m been strong 🤣.

• Heart
Imagine loving your big brother so much you sob continually for 20mins when you've dropped him off at Breakfast Club, cry that hard you fall asleep.
Ladies and gentlemen I give you. Twin 2. She'll now be in a foul mood until 3.30pm when she sees him come out of his classroom door🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Imagine loving your big brother so much you sob continually for 20mins when you've dropped him off at Breakfast Club, cry that hard you fall asleep.
Ladies and gentlemen I give you. Twin 2. She'll now be in a foul mood until 3.30pm when she sees him come out of his classroom door🥺
That's the cutest thing ever 😭 (obviously not ideal for you 🙈)

• Heart
Hoped Everleigh might give me a nice birthday present and sleep in a bit.
🤣
4.35am.
Lovely.

• Haha
  • Heart
Happy birthday @WhatABore !

We had our hip dysplasia check this morning and she’s within the normal range but doctor wants to check again when she’s 6 months.
We’re now breastfeeding in the employee pumping / breastfeeding room of the hospital. I’m quite relieved that everything is good

• Heart
Hoped Everleigh might give me a nice birthday present and sleep in a bit.
🤣
4.35am.
Lovely.
Happy birthday queen! ❤❤❤🎉🎉🎉

on the beige foods subject… honestly, I’ve unfollowed all the weaning pages. All they do is advertise extortionate bibs and give me anxiety 😂

lil’P is a good eater most days (refuses to use a spoon and loves to throw)… but she pretty much eats the same thing most days (to an extent!).

I ain’t got time to make bleeping pumpkin fritters and beetroot pancakes.

also whoever created veggie straws deserves some kind of award… the meltdown preventer!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I'm 30 and still quite enjoy myself a turkey Dino for tea.
Infact my diet is still really beige now🙈
Didn't eat spag bol till I was 19, did me no harm, I don't think😉😂

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.