New baby and post birth advice #34 Just press the tummy to turn it off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I found a video on tiktok of all places search baby constipation and it was basically rubbing the foot and pulling the toes gently, I did it yesterday and within half an hour it was out x

What white noise machine is best? I used my work iPhone last time with an app but I’ve locked that in a drawer and don’t wanna look at it again till I go back to work next sep 🤣 I’ve got a gro owl thing passed on from a friend but it’s too loud
I’ll have a look and try that thank you!
I just use my Spotify through google nest/Alexa on a white noise playlist and play one noise on repeat all night x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I found a video on tiktok of all places search baby constipation and it was basically rubbing the foot and pulling the toes gently, I did it yesterday and within half an hour it was out x

What white noise machine is best? I used my work iPhone last time with an app but I’ve locked that in a drawer and don’t wanna look at it again till I go back to work next sep 🤣 I’ve got a gro owl thing passed on from a friend but it’s too loud
I’ve used this since they were newborns. Cheap and cheerful and has a few different settings, can be used plugged in or batteries if you’re napping downstairs etc

White Noise Machine, Portable... Amazon product

• Heart
I’ve used this since they were newborns. Cheap and cheerful and has a few different settings, can be used plugged in or batteries if you’re napping downstairs etc

White Noise Machine, Portable... Amazon product
Oh I’ve just linked it without checking! I paid £15 for mine!!

I just saw on Instagram someone refer to breast milk as body milk 😅😅😅 I had to come straight here and post 😂 what is happening to the world 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10

I've got thre tommee tippee dream maker and it's good. Stays on all night or you can have it that it starts up if they cry instead. Has a pink light which is supposed to be good but I have that turned off because it distracts her 🤣

• Heart
I wish she'd come back
If she does, can you let me know so I can unblock her. Thanks

Baby tried to be helpful and empty the dishwasher. Smashed one of our new bowls that cost us about £100 from ikea 🫠 little git!

I gave Tommy a slurp of hot chocolate with marshmallows today.

Snoop, where u at? Although I'd like to clarify it was tepid, I'm not SO excited to have you back I'd inflict actual mouth scorch
Baby loves tea. I can’t have a tea in peace now 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Update on the school dinner sitch: Apparently she couldn't resist the offer of a cheeky roast and apple crumble so she just HAD to order one. She goes "it's only a few pounds mummy, and it was so yummy I might have it next week" so I've messaged her teacher and told her not to let her order one again if she's got a packed lunch.

1-0 to me babes 😘

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I just saw on Instagram someone refer to breast milk as body milk 😅😅😅 I had to come straight here and post 😂 what is happening to the world 😂
Sounds like me explaining mammals to my year 1 class, i kept saying ‘mammals feed their young/babies with their… bodies’ 😂

• Haha
Ha. One of my assigned tasks for when I was at work was making all the maternity guidelines gender neutral. Which is rather hard to do with maternity guidelines! Words like breasts come up a lot…

(not starting any kind of political debate here. Just saying it required lots of lateral thinking)

Reactions: 5
Update on the school dinner sitch: Apparently she couldn't resist the offer of a cheeky roast and apple crumble so she just HAD to order one. She goes "it's only a few pounds mummy, and it was so yummy I might have it next week" so I've messaged her teacher and told her not to let her order one again if she's got a packed lunch.

1-0 to me babes 😘
Did she eat her packed lunch along side the school dinner though?!

1-0 to me babes 😘
I love her

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Did she eat her packed lunch along side the school dinner though?!
Yep! Everything but her tuna pasta 🙃 I have no idea how she managed it time wise as they only get a short time to eat in the hall then they shove them outside 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Ha. One of my assigned tasks for when I was at work was making all the maternity guidelines gender neutral. Which is rather hard to do with maternity guidelines! Words like breasts come up a lot…

(not starting any kind of political debate here. Just saying it required lots of lateral thinking)
One of my hospital letters when I was pregnant referred to me as a “birth person”.
Again not starting a debate but birth person and body milk sound a bit cold and clinical’

Reactions: 2
Update on the health visitor - she made the piles feel like a 2 week holiday in Spain. I’ve had maccies and near enough drowned myself in lavender to cheer myself up 😂 REALLY nice of her to say “don’t worry about the house being tidy” when the house was in fact tidy - cos I was up at 7 tidying it. “How’s your mood though? How are you actually feeling?” Honestly, Linda, if you left I’d be feeling a lot bleeping better. 🖕🏻🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 20

1-0 to me babes 😘
You can’t blame the girl when it comes to an apple crumble, if it was custard with it it’s a no brainer 😂
This is why I’m going to be skint when baby’s older, I’ll be like fair enough I’d do the same love 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5

1-0 to me babes 😘
I mean, I get where she’s coming from.
I work for a big employer, there are two canteens across the site and my office is above one of them. Daren’t tot up how many times I’ve left my packed lunch in the fridge for the following day and bought instead 😳 custard puddings just call to me.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Update on the health visitor - she made the piles feel like a 2 week holiday in Spain. I’ve had maccies and near enough drowned myself in lavender to cheer myself up 😂 REALLY nice of her to say “don’t worry about the house being tidy” when the house was in fact tidy - cos I was up at 7 tidying it. “How’s your mood though? How are you actually feeling?” Honestly, Linda, if you left I’d be feeling a lot bleeping better. 🖕🏻🤦🏼‍♀️
Ugh! I hate them so much. Mine is beyond useless, well tbh she’s a tiny bit better than the one I had first time. She recommended moving up the number 2 teat on tommee tippee at less than a month old my poor eldest had a coughing fit she got drowned in milk bless her.
glad I never have to see them again.
I didn't bother tidying for them, duck em 🙄🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.