New baby and post birth advice #34 Just press the tummy to turn it off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We’ve done nothing but whinge today, he hates the pram and the car seat now 😭 he also hasn’t pooped for almost a week now, I’ve given him apple, weetabix, strawberries, apple juice, orange juice and lactulose and nothing has worked should my next option be the gp 😩 I can tell he’s uncomfortable now

Every time I change them, (as advised by the doctor I'll add, before snoop comes at me for willingly sticking my finger up my babies bums) I wipe their bottom and wipe their bum as if they'd done a poop but more pressure. Not too much pressure, you don't want to lose a finger. The pressure of wiping it, sometime encourages them to go.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’ve always found weetabix has the opposite effect on my kids, blocks them right up. Try one of the Ella’s kitchen pouches of prunes, I’ve always found them good for creating 💩 explosions
I’m not sure if that’s what’s happening! Same with porridge I’ve given him the last few days.
I’ll buy a prune pouch fingers crossed it works

Try a bit of vasaline on the end of a cotton bud around the bottom and very inner of his bum, it may stimulate the urge to push (and lube it up so it doesn't hurt so much) lots of P foods, but give the GP a bell too x
I’ll give that a go, I had a theory that putting sudocrem on his bum used to make him poo so it kind of ties into that x

Every time I change them, (as advised by the doctor I'll add, before snoop comes at me for willingly sticking my finger up my babies bums) I wipe their bottom and wipe their bum as if they'd done a poop but more pressure. Not too much pressure, you don't want to lose a finger. The pressure of wiping it, sometime encourages them to go.
I’ll give this a go too! I’ll try anything at this point! Wish I could give him coffee that’s always a good morning stimulant on an empty stomach 😂 chill snoopy snoop I wouldn’t x

Reactions: 4
Snoop would love the idea of a windi wouldn't she😅

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I gave Tommy a slurp of hot chocolate with marshmallows today.

Snoop, where u at? Although I'd like to clarify it was tepid, I'm not SO excited to have you back I'd inflict actual mouth scorch

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Me too, sometimes when I'm having a bad day I'd like to use her as a verbal punch bag, love how we all unite when she starts😂
tit, I need a life don't I?
Wanna go to town on my holiday insurance company instead?! Apparently written proof of my daughter being an inpatient in hospital when my return flight was is not enough proof we required new flights, and so they’re refusing to pay out 🙃

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Wanna go to town on my holiday insurance company instead?! Apparently written proof of my daughter being an inpatient in hospital when my return flight was is not enough proof we required new flights, and so they’re refusing to pay out 🙃
Absofrickingloutely!!!!!!

Reactions: 1
We’ve done nothing but whinge today, he hates the pram and the car seat now 😭 he also hasn’t pooped for almost a week now, I’ve given him apple, weetabix, strawberries, apple juice, orange juice and lactulose and nothing has worked should my next option be the gp 😩 I can tell he’s uncomfortable now
I found a video on tiktok of all places search baby constipation and it was basically rubbing the foot and pulling the toes gently, I did it yesterday and within half an hour it was out x

What white noise machine is best? I used my work iPhone last time with an app but I’ve locked that in a drawer and don’t wanna look at it again till I go back to work next sep 🤣 I’ve got a gro owl thing passed on from a friend but it’s too loud

I found a video on tiktok of all places search baby constipation and it was basically rubbing the foot and pulling the toes gently, I did it yesterday and within half an hour it was out x

What white noise machine is best? I used my work iPhone last time with an app but I’ve locked that in a drawer and don’t wanna look at it again till I go back to work next sep 🤣 I’ve got a gro owl thing passed on from a friend but it’s too loud
I use the deep sleep app on our iPad, I found most of the machines only lasted a certain time then they’d shut off and turn back on when the baby cries, but our house is so noisy a lot of the time I wanted one that stayed longer and the best was an app that plays for 8 hours!

• Heart
Eeek
Just stripped littleun off for a bath and she’s got this on her back?! Nursery haven’t mentioned anything today. Anyone know what it could be?
Looks like hives, possibly something has irritated her skin, they usually go pretty quick if it is that

Eeek
Just stripped littleun off for a bath and she’s got this on her back?! Nursery haven’t mentioned anything today. Anyone know what it could be?
The top one looks like a bite and the rest looks like it could be linked irritation.
Poor thing, hope it doesn't bother her too much x

• Heart
Thank you, just catching up
Happy birthday @WhatABore 💕

The top one looks like a bite and the rest looks like it could be linked irritation.
Poor thing, hope it doesn't bother her too much x
I can’t think what’s irritated her ☹ She’s wearing clothes she’s worn before. She also has a red bum which she’s never had before. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Not baby related but my 8yo is taking the piss... sent her in with a packed lunch and I got a notification on her school app telling me she'd booked herself a school dinner and telling me to pay for it! Unreal, little sod
Sorry but this is bloody brilliant 🤣

Happy birthday @WhatABore hope you’ve had a lovely day 🎉🎂

• Haha
Reactions: 2

We just use a fan 😊

• Heart

We used Alexa on a loop, the ambient sound skill had a variation from white noise to brown 💩

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.