New baby and post birth advice #34 Just press the tummy to turn it off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When did people go down to 1 nap a day? Baby elf is 10 months and naps great in the morning but he has refuses an afternoon nap for a week now...meaning by 4 he is so tired!! I've tired to push the morning nap to a lunch time nap but by 10 he's knackered and he needs a sleep.

We had a great routine going on and this week its all gone to pot 😅
Baby B has had 1 nap a day for a couple of months. He’s 10 months and I try to get him as close to 11, but he sometimes goes down at 10.30 and will sleep for a good few hours (I normally get 2.5/3 hours) and then he goes down at 7/7.30 ish. Boy loves his sleep like his mama!

ETA - none of my other kids have been like this. They were 2 naps a dayers until 1ish. I much prefer the 1 long sleep though

Reactions: 1
Now can’t find the oat milk comment to quote it. But the dietician advised that I wean eldest onto coconut milk because of her allergies. So she had koko supermilk, which is now called koko life. Has all the nutrients they need. Had planned to wean the baby onto it too, but actually she’s cracking through the soya ladder
That was me thank you. I’m waiting for nursery to confirm whether they will accept coconut milk 😞 I know it’s not a nut but working in schools some places just won’t touch it.. dietician didn’t advise us on any alternative milks

That was me thank you. I’m waiting for nursery to confirm whether they will accept coconut milk 😞 I know it’s not a nut but working in schools some places just won’t touch it.. dietician didn’t advise us on any alternative milks
So because I’m a loser I screenshot the PowerPoint in the group zoom call I had with the dietician. This was the page on alternative milks

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 2
When did people go down to 1 nap a day? Baby elf is 10 months and naps great in the morning but he has refuses an afternoon nap for a week now...meaning by 4 he is so tired!! I've tired to push the morning nap to a lunch time nap but by 10 he's knackered and he needs a sleep.

We had a great routine going on and this week its all gone to pot 😅
I think it's so different with every child.
Everleigh was still having 2 naps a day until a couple of months ago.
Yet my 4yo was having no naps at all by 1!
Usually we cut out the nap when they're starting to get hard to get down for.
I'm not about the stress of forcing them for a sleep. Haven't got the time for that 😂

What time do you put him to bed? Could you bring it back an hour?

Been dealing with piles and horrific stitches for the last few days, with a mix of no sleep thrown in there so I’m like a waddling zombie.. and then I got a text to say my health visitor was coming round tomorrow. 🤦🏼‍♀️ I’ve only just got rid of the community midwife who’s been here daily, can anyone give me an idea of what she does/asks? 🙌🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Been dealing with piles and horrific stitches for the last few days, with a mix of no sleep thrown in there so I’m like a waddling zombie.. and then I got a text to say my health visitor was coming round tomorrow. 🤦🏼‍♀️ I’ve only just got rid of the community midwife who’s been here daily, can anyone give me an idea of what she does/asks? 🙌🏻
I’ll be honest, I suspect the HV will irritate you more than the haemorrhoids. They serve no purpose other than to turn up so you feel the need to tidy up (pro tip: don’t bother), ask irritating questions, give unsolicited / useless advice and then they go and are totally uncontactable if you do have a problem.

Can you tell I don’t like mine?!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Ugh, mine just asked me about feeding, how often, how much, etc etc… weighed baby. Discussed safe sleeping, and just how everything was going in general. It was pretty pointless tbh

They're just generally unhelpful nosey bastards.
She may want to weigh baby, then again she might not bother.
She'll tell you she's always on the other end of the phone if you have any concerns, only she's not. You'd get a text back from Jesus before you got a text back from her.
You'll likely never see her again, I wouldn't bother tidying and stay in your pjs, she'll leave quicker if she knows you're gonna nap!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Took the twins to the zoo today for their birthday day out. Like typical kids they smiled the most in the gift shop and at lunchtime in the cafe 🙃. Weren’t bothered by the animals at all …

re Xmas - I’m getting them a tunnel and a little tent thing. Will probably get a selection of books too.

after all my prep and gearing up for co sleeping t2 slept the whole night through (first time in weeks). It’s like they know!??

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m really trying not to go overboard with Christmas so I’m just going to buy her a couple of things
I am going to do her a stocking with some little bits
I know she won’t remember and it’s pointless but it’s for me really making memories and starting traditions
I just love Christmas 🎄🎅🏻🎁

• Heart
Reactions: 9
They're just generally unhelpful nosey bastards.
She may want to weigh baby, then again she might not bother.
She'll tell you she's always on the other end of the phone if you have any concerns, only she's not. You'd get a text back from Jesus before you got a text back from her.
You'll likely never see her again, I wouldn't bother tidying and stay in your pjs, she'll leave quicker if she knows you're gonna nap!
amazing, just what I’m in the mood for 😩😂 will 100% be staying in sick covered pjs looking like I’ve been dragged backwards if it means she’ll leave quicker!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Tommy got his jumperoo today and duck me, my nerves can’t handle it. He’s bouncing SO hard, his little neck was flailing and I’m paranoid as hell he’s going to hurt himself. Ofcourse he was having the time of his bleeping life but is this normal?! I thought he was going to yeet through the ceiling he was so aggressive with it, why does my child insist on finishing me off? 😭🤣🥲

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Need some advice from mums who have weaned. Toddler gravy is 15 months, she will Try everything but will only eat pasta mainly. I've tried everything. She will eat pasta, Sausages, Cucumber, Waffles, eggs but that's about it. Only guaranteed to eat dinner if it's some sort of pasta though 🤣 do I just keep offering her things and hope she will take them eventually?!

• Heart
Tommy got his jumperoo today and duck me, my nerves can’t handle it. He’s bouncing SO hard, his little neck was flailing and I’m paranoid as hell he’s going to hurt himself. Ofcourse he was having the time of his bleeping life but is this normal?! I thought he was going to yeet through the ceiling he was so aggressive with it, why does my child insist on finishing me off? 😭🤣🥲
Mate, totally normal.
Twin 2s brain was rocking about on the rare occasion I was brave enough to let her have a go😂😂

Need some advice from mums who have weaned. Toddler gravy is 15 months, she will Try everything but will only eat pasta mainly. I've tried everything. She will eat pasta, Sausages, Cucumber, Waffles, eggs but that's about it. Only guaranteed to eat dinner if it's some sort of pasta though 🤣 do I just keep offering her things and hope she will take them eventually?!
Keep presenting them she may surprise you once she's familiar with the look feel and smell of them

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Yeah, exposure, no pressure and no reaction when she goes for it 👍
How did peanuts go?

Mate, totally normal.
Twin 2s brain was rocking about on the rare occasion I was brave enough to let her have a go😂😂

Keep presenting them she may surprise you once she's familiar with the look feel and smell of them
I thought my salvation had finally come and I could have 20 minutes to my self, eat my chicken nuggies in peace but no, I was stressing anyway and the lil demon spent the ENTIRE time staring me dead in the eye making sure I giggled and commended him for how well he was doing 😆😅😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I thought my salvation had finally come and I could have 20 minutes to my self, eat my chicken nuggies in peace but no, I was stressing anyway and the lil demon spent the ENTIRE time staring me dead in the eye making sure I giggled and commended him for how well he was doing 😆😅😂
Wait till he's on the push along walker and attempting to run😳
The fun never ends😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think this is one of the greatest secrets of parenting: most kids only like beige food and the sooner you accept that life gets better. Because as soon as you mention it to other parents, they all go “ah yeah mine only eats plain pasta too” but for some reason everyone thinks it’s just their child. At some point they just grow out of it I think. And clearly it’s not doing them any harm as my 3.5yo is growing fine and has far more energy than I do on her diet of plain pasta, cereal, cheese strings and various frozen shapes of nugget and potato

Also anyone who likes to boast about how their child loooooves fancy food is a knob. End of 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.