New baby and post birth advice #34 Just press the tummy to turn it off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi guys!

Just wondering, ladies with 2 babies, how long did you wait before you had another one?

I’d like to have another so they have a close age gap but I don’t know when to start trying again.

I’m 3 weeks post partum and I don’t want to rush into another and I want to enjoy all the cuddles and love with my little one now, but I have PCOS and it took me ages to fall pregnant.

Any advice appreciated 🥰

Reactions: 2
Hi guys!

Just wondering, ladies with 2 babies, how long did you wait before you had another one?

I’d like to have another so they have a close age gap but I don’t know when to start trying again.

I’m 3 weeks post partum and I don’t want to rush into another and I want to enjoy all the cuddles and love with my little one now, but I have PCOS and it took me ages to fall pregnant.

Any advice appreciated 🥰
I am 12 weeks and my little boy is 15 months. Tbh I wanted to fall sooner than that, we started trying around March time and fell in August.

I would personally say at least enjoy the first 6 months and let your hormones settle down slightly, but everyone is different and each to their own x

ETA: being pregnant whilst looking after a baby is no joke. I've never felt tiredness like it!!!!

Reactions: 3
Hi guys!

Any advice appreciated 🥰
My 2nd was 21 months when I fell and honestly, that was hard enough. I was so sick during my pregnancy I couldn't have coped with a young young baby ontop of being pregnant and working full time. Also, if your going to go back to work that's 2x loads of childcare to pay for and its not cheap!!

Good luck with whatever you decide though☺

While we’re talking pumping, has anyone tried an Elvie?! (Or similar). There’s no way I’ll get time to pump at work (I know I’m legally entitled to it, just working in the nhs doesn’t go hand in hand with getting what you’re legally entitled to…) and my shifts are 12.5 hours long so that’s a long time to go without expressing / feeding. It basically ended my bf journey with my eldest because when I went back to work, never managed to express, my supply significantly dropped and then she didn’t want to feed any more. Equally those pumps are 💰💰💰💰 and I don’t want to buy one if it’s rubbish

While we’re talking pumping, has anyone tried an Elvie?! (Or similar). There’s no way I’ll get time to pump at work (I know I’m legally entitled to it, just working in the nhs doesn’t go hand in hand with getting what you’re legally entitled to…) and my shifts are 12.5 hours long so that’s a long time to go without expressing / feeding. It basically ended my bf journey with my eldest because when I went back to work, never managed to express, my supply significantly dropped and then she didn’t want to feed any more. Equally those pumps are 💰💰💰💰 and I don’t want to buy one if it’s rubbish
I’ve got an Elvie and while the app to connect is great and makes life easier I get hardly anything with it, i find it doesn’t suction well even with a bra holding it in place if I try and tidy and bend down it moves. I can have it on for half an hour and only pump off about 2oz at max but with a manual I was getting nearly 4oz from the same boob the day before. I don’t know if that’s a flange issue but the same size flange with my medela manual is fine.
I’ve heard good things about the momcozy ones and they’re more reasonably priced

Reactions: 1
I had two elvies with my boy and expumped for 7 months. I thought they were amazing and would highly recommend it x

ETA: their customer service is fab as well. One of mine broke and I contacted them the new one was with me the next day.

Parenting when Ill is toughhhh! All I want to do is sleep. I’m not sure if I’ve got covid again but I have no tests left. Ive had a cold all week and a sore throat & cough. My cough has turned in to a choking cough where my throat feels like it’s closing up and I can’t breathe it’s horrible. I’m gasping for breath. I just want to stay in bed 😂😂 thankfully KW got up with her this morning.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Hi guys!

Any advice appreciated 🥰
My eldest was 4 in sep and I had my baby 3 weeks ago. I think the age gap is great because my eldest sleeps through and is quite independent and helpful and is besotted with the baby. I’m probably in the minority as I know most people like to have two close together. there’s 4 years between me and my sister and we’re so close she’s my bestie ❤

Reactions: 4
I had two elvies with my boy and expumped for 7 months. I thought they were amazing and would highly recommend it x

ETA: their customer service is fab as well. One of mine broke and I contacted them the new one was with me the next day.
I have an Elvie too and love it. Have been pumping once/twice a day alongside breastfeeding from around 4 weeks to now which is nearly 7months. It was one of my best purchases.

Does anyone recommend any photo books for printing baby pics?

Hi guys!

Any advice appreciated 🥰
The smallest gap I have between all of my kids is 2yrs 3 months, and as lovely as that is nearly a year later, my god it’s tough work. The baby wants all the 3 yo toys, and he’s constantly shouting at me to get the baby. I don’t know what I was thinking getting pregnant when he was just over a year and a half, but honestly, I wouldn’t change it !!

So this is another question I had! I only need to sterilise once a day? And just clean and fridge? So glad I posted here now. Feeling a lot better. Another failed attempt this eve although he didn’t kick off. Just looked at it 🫡
I cleaned every time and sterilised once a day. Some people use the fridge hack but I was too worried, I did buy lots of extra pump parts though so I could use them while the others air dried a bit cos it is such a chore. I have 4 cups for the elvie, made it easier when my husband went back to work cos she just wouldn't be put down so I couldn't really wash and dry. Now I only pump once in the evening and once in the morning and put her to the boob the rest of the day.. probably why I'm drying up but I cba anymore 😂

We are in molar Town again.is baby pidge a secret triplet of the twins?!🤣🤣
Nooooooo, I feel like the next month is going to be molar city for us… she had such a bad bum last night, the dribble is beyond and lastly, what time shall I drop her off so they can all be reunited? 😂😂

@Borntorun I really wanted the elvie but opted for the pippetta/momcozy (same thing, different branding) as it was so much less… I really rated it and I got just as much from a medela and spectra!
They’re not discreet though… everyone kept asking whose phone is ringing at the Christmas table 😂😂😂😭😭😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Nooooooo, I feel like the next month is going to be molar city for us… she had such a bad bum last night, the dribble is beyond and lastly, what time shall I drop her off so they can all be reunited? 😂😂
I think all of Twin 1s are in now she's calmed but twin 2 seems to have her incisors and her molars coming in so I think we may be here till next April🤯
Oh no keep her I can't do anymore molar fun it'll be the death of us all😂😂
I wish Twin2 would have a bad bum with her teeth, she's backed up to high heavens despite piling her full of laxatives😰

• Sad
  • Heart
Parenting when Ill is toughhhh! All I want to do is sleep. I’m not sure if I’ve got covid again but I have no tests left. Ive had a cold all week and a sore throat & cough. My cough has turned in to a choking cough where my throat feels like it’s closing up and I can’t breathe it’s horrible. I’m gasping for breath. I just want to stay in bed 😂😂 thankfully KW got up with her this morning.
Its so hard isn't it!!! We've been taking it i turns going back to bed when we can.

The last two days the tv and the ipad have been the main parents in this house. We have covid and we are just so unwell 😭 now today babyelf is miserable and looking a bit poorly so I think he is suffering now too ☹ 5yo is right as rain of course and complaining of being bored as we don't usually stay in the house much on the weekends 🤣

• Sad
  • Heart
@Borntorun I really wanted the elvie but opted for the pippetta/momcozy (same thing, different branding) as it was so much less… I really rated it and I got just as much from a medela and spectra!
They’re not discreet though… everyone kept asking whose phone is ringing at the Christmas table 😂😂😂😭😭😭
Haha noise is fine, I work in maternity so no one is phased by me pumping, the issue is more that I don’t physically have time to stop for half an hour - let’s be honest, half the time I don’t find time to pee. I also gave birth where I work and they were all treated to the noise I made during that, so compared to how loud I was giving birth a little buzzy pump will be fine 😂

• Haha
Everyone has been asking us when we are having “the next” since I was in bleeping hospital, including the consultants 💀🫣🤗😰😅

Me:

Reactions: 7
Can’t sleep again tonight terrified something will happen to baby and i won’t hear. We’ve had a much better day feeding wise I think my milk is in as my boobs are rock hard and so painful. Ready for another night with no sleep
It's perfectly normal to be worried something will happen. Even after 3 kids, I would sit staring to watch them breathing to make sure they were.
Even now my kids sleep longer than normal and my first thought is that something has happened.
I still check on Everleigh several times a night if she hasn't made a noise and she's 19 months!

Would one of the sock monitors be beneficial to you? I can't remember what they're called.

@jackolantern you mentioned you pumped and now you bfeed is that right? Can i ask how you got to that transition?
I have been really lazy this week with trying to latch him as we are both sick, but prior to that we only had about 50% success rate, he sometimes latches but then pulls off and cries after 5 mins ☹
What will be will be and I know pumping works for us but I’m also not sure how I will manage a pumping schedule when I’m at the in laws over Christmas!

I start back to work tomorrow. It’s more a soft start back to work as lectures don’t start until the 15th, but still. And she turns 4 months tomorrow.

KW is also due home this afternoon.
So many emotions to process.

Inset Emma Stone eating ice cream gif.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
@jackolantern you mentioned you pumped and now you bfeed is that right? Can i ask how you got to that transition?
I have been really lazy this week with trying to latch him as we are both sick, but prior to that we only had about 50% success rate, he sometimes latches but then pulls off and cries after 5 mins ☹
What will be will be and I know pumping works for us but I’m also not sure how I will manage a pumping schedule when I’m at the in laws over Christmas!
I wish I had a magic trick but it was honestly just perseverance 😔 he latched ok in SCBU but he didn’t have the energy to feed. Then once we were out he’d forgotten how to latch. So I watched a lot of videos on how to get the correct latch and kept trying different positions to see which he managed with the best. For the first few months it just wasn’t happening, he had no interest. But now because he’s bigger, I think I could never get enough from the pump to match his appetite so the fact he wants more sort of drives him. Once he was showing that interest I tried once a day, usually whenever he is quite sleepy and calm and left it like that for a while. Sometimes he managed, sometimes not. But gradually as he got better I just kept upping feeds and dropping pumps. Then after about a month or so of that we had transitioned completely ☺

He’s most chill in the bath so that might be a good place to start?

I will say it was a lot of trial and error and I wanted to give up a lot but it was important to me to be able to (largely because I hate pumping lol) so I kept with it. One of the hardest things was pain because it definitely took a while to get the latch right, there was a lot of starting and stopping but he figured it out eventually ❤

Patience and lots of snacks 🤣

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.