New baby and post birth advice #34 Just press the tummy to turn it off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For the first six weeks I slept sat upright in my glasses so I could see baby the second I opened my eyes šŸ™ˆ youā€™ll always worry about them but that absolute terror you first get will pass ā¤

So weā€™d reached a standstill with teething but this morning sheā€™s woken up with FOUR top front teeth poking through šŸ˜° and Iā€™ve cried because now she doesnā€™t look like a baby anymore, she looks like I could send her off to primary school šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ (apart from her hair!)
Aww bless they always look so grown up with the front teeth. Iā€™ve got one child teething with her molars šŸ˜µā€šŸ’« & the 5yo losing her first tooth any day now. Itā€™s shocked me how much itā€™s affecting me sheā€™s not mt baby anymore.
Also how much does the tooth fair give these days šŸ’øšŸ’ø

There arenā€™t many which made me think do people even use these?! Omg I was the exact same last night, kept sticking my arms out and thinking itā€™s a bit chilly then felt mega guilty for being wrapped up all snug! Why are we like this haha?
I do this! Do their arms get cold? I really struggle with dressing him for bed now his helmet is classed as a layer as it keeps some body heat in but it doesnā€™t heat his arms so do I double his sleeves or not and his rooms in the 16s now (remember when i cried about it being 30 looool) so I feel like 2.5 tog is needed but what if he overheats šŸ¤Æ bloody minefield

Right I take back all that I said about wanting another, I want zero more. NONE.

These kids are on full terror mode this weekend and it's only Saturday...

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Right I take back all that I said about wanting another, I want zero more. NONE.

These kids are on full terror mode this weekend and it's only Saturday...

Hope you're ok, I laughed but also felt in my soul that I'd like to send you some wine and chocolate!

My husband briefly thought he might want another child... Then he realised it was just because he'd been away with work for a week and missed them, 24h back in their company and he was like "nope, no way, hell no, schedule the vasectomy" šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Hope you're ok, I laughed but also felt in my soul that I'd like to send you some wine and chocolate!

My husband briefly thought he might want another child... Then he realised it was just because he'd been away with work for a week and missed them, 24h back in their company and he was like "nope, no way, hell no, schedule the vasectomy" šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
This is the exact conversation we've had today!! Some days are bloody tough šŸ˜…šŸ¤£

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I do this! Do their arms get cold? I really struggle with dressing him for bed now his helmet is classed as a layer as it keeps some body heat in but it doesnā€™t heat his arms so do I double his sleeves or not and his rooms in the 16s now (remember when i cried about it being 30 looool) so I feel like 2.5 tog is needed but what if he overheats šŸ¤Æ bloody minefield
I would rather take 16c than the disgusting 30+c we had in the summer šŸ¤¢
There are some nights I still use my fan. And we have the thin duvet on still. I love being cold at night time. The babyā€™s not so much!!

Reactions: 2
If you are getting good output and in no pain thatā€™s also a good sign..

coming at this for the second time I knew how important it was to support supply while trying to breastfeed. And I am still pumping 2 months in while we work on breastfeeding. Iā€™m also a numbers person and hey if it works it works!

get a good pumping bra so you can be hands free - itā€™s a game changer! Also not sure what the advice is in the UK re washing and sterilising but I wash and sterilise my pump parts once a day and then keep in the fridge until the next pump session. Saves so much time!
I struggled massively with breastfeeding, still do. We had horrendous advice early on and combi feed.
If I could have exclusively pumped I would have done, and plan to try if I have another. Unfortunately my supply is tit so not an option but if you're making enough for him and managing to give him the good stuff then go for it.
I'd suggest a good pump, I have the elvie stride which is much easier as its wearable but takes longer to express. I also keep a separate dish with hot soapy water to put the parts in when I'm done to wash quicker. The washing, drying and assembling is the biggest ball ache but if you get a good system you'll be grand.
So this is another question I had! I only need to sterilise once a day? And just clean and fridge? So glad I posted here now. Feeling a lot better. Another failed attempt this eve although he didnā€™t kick off. Just looked at it šŸ«”

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So this is another question I had! I only need to sterilise once a day? And just clean and fridge? So glad I posted here now. Feeling a lot better. Another failed attempt this eve although he didnā€™t kick off. Just looked at it šŸ«”
Just catching up and seen your posts. Ex Pumping is becoming quite common now, which is quite nice!
thereā€™s a few groups on Facebook which have amazing advice and got me through some tough times (as well as this thread!).
I managed to exPump for 10 months and at the beginning itā€™s graft, but my best advice is get yourself a little schedule and set up a station, binge a tit series and try and get yourself a stash built up! For sterilising, I was really particular, I sterilised after ever session but I have PP/OCD amongst others (also a very tit birth!), but BM is sterile so as long as you do it every 24 hours, youā€™re fine!
try and get yourself a spectra or a hospital grade pump if youā€™re going to commit. They are pricey but so worth it in the long term- thereā€™s groups that sell too.
I also had 2x pippetta (handsfree)pumps and they were also great and good value!

Thereā€™s so many resources to check out, exclusive pumping Insta and she has a website. I follow bemybreastfriend on Insta too. I only managed to pump just enough first time round, this time I have an over supply so I am currently pumping 5 x a day and looking to drop to 4 next week šŸ¤žšŸ¼
I donā€™t mind my middle of the night pump, no interruptions from my toddler and Iā€™m working my way through a few tv series. A bit sad thatā€™s my ā€œmeā€ time but cest la vie!

Iā€™ll add a lot of ā€œprofessionalā€ documentation recommends pumping 8-12 times a day which is just not sustainable. The most I ever pumped was 7/8 x a day. Again bemybreastfriend talks about that a lot

• Heart
Heading straight over to insta now! Excellent advice girls and making me more at ease too. Iā€™m feeling positive. I have a hospital grade pump and setting up a pump station is a great idea. Gonna look into a bra now too

• Heart
I pumped all my sonā€™s feeds the first 2 months until we established breastfeeding, and personally I stuck to the rules around washing the parts after every use and sterilising at least once every 24 hours, he did have a rough start and was in nicu with an infection so that influenced my thought process. The fridge + once a day method is very popular and seems to do the trick. For me, I got three sets of pump parts to rotate.
Has your little one been assessed for a tongue tie?

ps hello, welcome, good luck šŸ’œ

Heading straight over to insta now! Excellent advice girls and making me more at ease too. Iā€™m feeling positive. I have a hospital grade pump and setting up a pump station is a great idea. Gonna look into a bra now too
I hated the specific pumping bra I bought, found it wasnā€™t supportive enough for daily life so Iā€™d have to change into it specifically to pump. So I cut holes in loads of them - then discovered this ā€˜hackā€™ that you can do with any nursing bra you already have -

• Heart
I pumped all my sonā€™s feeds the first 2 months until we established breastfeeding, and personally I stuck to the rules around washing the parts after every use and sterilising at least once every 24 hours, he did have a rough start and was in nicu with an infection so that influenced my thought process. The fridge + once a day method is very popular and seems to do the trick. For me, I got three sets of pump parts to rotate.
Has your little one been assessed for a tongue tie?

ps hello, welcome, good luck šŸ’œ
No feeding concerns other than him dismissing my boobs. Would that be a tongue tie issue? God itā€™s a mine field!

I hated the specific pumping bra I bought, found it wasnā€™t supportive enough for daily life so Iā€™d have to change into it specifically to pump. So I cut holes in loads of them - then discovered this ā€˜hackā€™ that you can do with any nursing bra you already have -
WHY DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS?!!! So many holes cut, so little time šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

@Megatron1298 I never understood people who could pump that often, I also slept through the MOTN pump too šŸ˜‚ I think I did 6-8 max at the beginning with a combination of power pumping and a lot of lactation teašŸ˜·
Lactation cookies are great! Apparently the ingredients can tank your supply but it had the opposite effect with me!

@Iā€™mThankyou_ the next MFā€™ing molar is coming šŸ«£ lord hath mercy
E248EDBB-6141-4D83-B77A-84CC69F80DDF.jpeg

• Heart
No feeding concerns other than him dismissing my boobs. Would that be a tongue tie issue? God itā€™s a mine field!
For us, he just didnā€™t/couldnā€™t drink from the breast at all šŸ˜­ when he was first born two midwives milked me šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ and he was syringe fed any drops I could get off and initially cup fed a bit of formula. Then things took a turn and he was just on a water drip for a few days. Then tube fed a mix of pumped milk and formula - I didnā€™t have a good enough supply to do just breast until day 9 or 10.

I would offer the boob at almost every day time feed (didnā€™t have the capacity at night with pumping too), he could lick a few drops off now and then, but never latch. Had a tongue tie division at 1 month old. Started sporadically managing a feed at 6.5 weeks but only on lefty and only with a nipple shield. Then at 8 weeks something clicked and we mostly nursed from then.

I hope tonight is an easier night for you šŸ’œ do whatever you need to keep your sanity and your baby fed, but weā€™re all here and rooting for you xx

• Heart
WHY DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS?!!! So many holes cut, so little time šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

@Megatron1298 I never understood people who could pump that often, I also slept through the MOTN pump too šŸ˜‚ I think I did 6-8 max at the beginning with a combination of power pumping and a lot of lactation teašŸ˜·
Lactation cookies are great! Apparently the ingredients can tank your supply but it had the opposite effect with me!

@Iā€™mThankyou_ the next MFā€™ing molar is coming šŸ«£ lord hath mercyView attachment 1707611
We are in molar Town again.is baby pidge a secret triplet of the twins?!šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
Can someone tell me how to slow down time please?? Why is my newborn now about 10 years old (joking sheā€™s 5 months but I donā€™t get how this has happened)

• Heart
Can someone tell me how to slow down time please?? Why is my newborn now about 10 years old (joking sheā€™s 5 months but I donā€™t get how this has happened)
When you find out please share šŸ˜­ Iā€™ve finally got up to date on my albums with his weekly and monthly photos so that I just have to add the last few and can sent it to print just after heā€™s birthday. Proper emotional now that I have a 50 week old šŸ˜‚ itā€™s a bit more scarily close than saying 11 months.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
When you find out please share šŸ˜­ Iā€™ve finally got up to date on my albums with his weekly and monthly photos so that I just have to add the last few and can sent it to print just after heā€™s birthday. Proper emotional now that I have a 50 week old šŸ˜‚ itā€™s a bit more scarily close than saying 11 months.
Iā€™m still working on my 2 year olds baby book šŸ˜‚

• Haha
I wish I had the answers so I could also slow down time. These kids are getting too big, too fast and I canā€™t deal šŸ˜­šŸ’”

Iā€™m in a bit of a predicamentā€¦ my eldest dad said he might take her away for a month, and in that month, me and Mr B were saying while sheā€™s gone, we would take the little kids on holiday as itā€™s much cheaper than taking all 5 in half terms, but obviously I donā€™t want the big 2 to miss out, but I think it will be the only way the younger ones have an abroad holiday for years. We have the caravan booked, all 7 of us, but am abroad holiday without 2 of them, itā€™s a bit much, isnā€™t it?

• Heart
Canā€™t sleep again tonight terrified something will happen to baby and i wonā€™t hear. Weā€™ve had a much better day feeding wise I think my milk is in as my boobs are rock hard and so painful. Ready for another night with no sleep

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.